(Y11) 2020 Recruiting Discussion (& Bragging) Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Championship teams start in the trenches. Happy to accept the commitments from these two grunts to help add depth to a solid, yet young defensive front seven. Both players will most likely red-shirt next season as the add muscle mass to play in the tough PAC 10.

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

This is going to be a really tough year for Stanford...both on the recruiting front and on the playing field. My new 4* status means some 4* recruits are interested in me, but most of the prospects that are interested are 3 stars yet again.

4. Dean

Dean Walk On

Buckeyes pick up 2 early commits from the #3 OLB and #11 WR. Both arent flashy but will add to the depth that we need.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

6'-6"...you can't teach size! Could grow to be a solid WR.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Haha, awesome start to this thread.

7. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri gets 4 early commits this year. The #9 QB in this years class, the #9 MLB, the #10 DT, and the #12 CB. I don't foresee any of these players starting as true Freshman, but they add some depth to a few areas of need.

[​IMG]

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Snagged this young man out of Blacklick Estate, OH... WTF???​
    I'll take him though... Looks to be a solid slot receiver who could contribute immediately since my team has no depth.​
    He's the #35 ATH and is the first of hopefully more high talented recruits this season...​

9. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Slow start for the Irish on the recruiting front- one commit, Allen Simmons, a 3 star tight end. Will be battling that team up north for several prospects. Hopefully, they tuned in to today's game.

10. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri picks up their 5th recruit of the season with the #8 Overall recruit in Athlete Tommy Lucas. He looks to transition into a big fast corner at the next level where he can step in immediately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]

Not having qualified special teamers has lead me to try and carry (2) of each now as lack of a kicking game will be my downfall this season.

12. Jam.

[​IMG]

Coach Jam nabs his first 4* recruit of his tender at Stanford. Though he has an abundance of talent at the WR position, it's always good to build up depth for the future.

13. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama is off to a slow start in a year with a lot of holes to fill.... Awesome. And after leading for 4 weeks I just lost the number 1 fullback to UNC. FML.

14. Jam.

Oh yeah...how terrible it must be to be Alabama [​IMG]

15. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recruiting is picking up steam. Two solid picks for depth. A much needed tackle may see the field before expected. Best scenario would be for Scott Novak to redshirt but depending on the progression of the other WR on the chart could lead to him getting solid play time as well.

16. Jam.

[​IMG]

Stanford picks up a big commit by the #2 HB in the nation! Jeff Mullins is showing a lot of progress this year in the #1 HB role so there's a chance that Rogers could redshirt his first year, though that is unclear. It is also possible that he could start as a true Frosh if Mullins doesn't start breaking more tackles and picking up big chunks of yardage.

17. jca312

jca312 Walk On

The Florida Gators have signed their first prospect of the 2021 Recruiting Class. 4-star Center, Courtney Munoz of Mainstee, Michigan has pledged the next 4 years to the Gators. Munoz said that he was impressed by the Gators' Capitol One Bowl win over the in-state Wolverines, who finished as his #2 school last year.

"I liked how the line got off the ball and they pounded the ball down the Wolverines' throat." Munoz said "They've gone to more of a Spread this year, but it's still balanced, if not favoring the run when you look at the Run-Pass Breakdown. I'm excited to be a Gator, I think we can win some championships!"

Munoz is a quick lineman with decent strength. His solid blocking skills and athletic ability will allow him to come in and compete for playing time right away. The Offensive Line has been a major strength for the Gators the past 3 years, but 6 of their 11 lineman graduate this year, so the line will need to be rebuilt and Munoz looks to be a big piece of the puzzle for years to come.

[​IMG]

18. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

After being spoiled by instant commits in week 1 over the last couple of years, Georgia sweated out the first couple of weeks and has finally inked their first player of the 2020 season.

[​IMG]

Scott Hunter is the #3 FS in the country this year. Hunter comes in at 6'2" 200 lbs. and his a big hitter. He is a quick safety but may need to shed a little weight to help with his acceleration skills. Hunter will be a redshirt candidate for next season and will play a huge role in the Bulldogs secondary in years to come.

Georgia is now moving into the home game stretch of their schedule and has several visits lined up over the next few weeks. Bulldog coaches are excited about the players they have coming on visits and are in some heated battles with some SEC rivals to sign these players. These next few weeks could go a long way in determining what type of class the Dawgs may bring in this season.

19. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I lost the #2 FB to UNC, also. Ridiculous.

Similarly to others, it's been a slow start for Auburn, and we'll surely lose a lot of battles. But I still can't complain, for there's a very good chance that the Tigers could end up with five 5-stars before the off-season. That's never come close to happening before here in Auburn.

20. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Irish get their second recruit, four star OLB out of the state of Michigan, which should re-establish the state as a pipeline again. OLB was one of the need positions and still must fill SS, QB and kicker.

[​IMG][​IMG]

21. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

We have a high standard. You'll learn about that one day.

22. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]

Grabbed a much needed QB recruit. Russell Burton will be heading on after this season, so reloading is required. Big pocket passer. A little on the light side but will have him in the weight room in the spring to bulk him up.

Side note, does anyone else notice Fresno State all over 4* recruits. I'm losing 2 battles to them right now!

23. Jam.

[​IMG]

Stanford @ Alabama week 1 2021!

24. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Easy there Jam! You must've posted this right after hooking up with your 14-year old girlfriend so you're feeling "manly".
    Although, I do admire anyone who will sack up and ask for the beast [​IMG]
    Best of luck to you, I'm sure G will be more than happy to accomodate your request.

25. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Florida received their 2nd commitment of the 2021 Class in #4 Cornerback Levi Haynes. The 5'11" prospect had the Big 3 in-state schools as #1, 2, & 3. The Gators led from the start and locked him up early as he was a priority for them with secondary help being a big need for Florida. Haynes has good speed and solid cover skills coming in and has a great shot at starting next year as a true freshman.

[​IMG]

A little less than halfway into the season, the Gators' Coaching Staff is happy with the progress being made in recruiting, having signed the #4 Corner and #5 Center. Those 2 signings will help fill big needs Florida will have heading into 2021. The Gators are losing 22 seniors and a lot of the kids that are coming in will have great opportunities to compete for starting jobs.

2 down 23 to go! :D