(Y11) Week 4 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I will post schedules when im off work.

2. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Well I faced off against SEC RIVAL Florida. As usual, he had me on the ropes. Before the game, i did some extensive research into his team, and tried to come out with a game plan. I noticed several things. He had a fantastic WR corps, fast QB, and unbelievable DL. So, I figured i'm in trouble. I'd need to get a numbers game, on him. I decided that i was going to try to option an end, or get to the edge with my QB, WR, HB in the run game using jet sweeps, power options, load options, screens and read options with the QB Reading the end. My power option ended up being most successful. My QB was able to score and get key first downs. The jet sweeps also had some success as well. A few times I'd be one on one, with my fastest, and elusive WR vs his LB, and i couldn't get loose. Always trying to get the ball to my fastest players hands, you really could notice a difference. I didn't get caught from behind, like i was getting in last years SEC Championship game. I want to continue to recruit FAST 6'3" guys can get up and catch the ball. Speed makes a world of difference.

On defense, as I said, I really noticed that he had a fast QB, and great WR corps. So, it was pick your poison; Allow the QB to run around and pick you apart, or bring the heat and hope to get to him, but risk the big play. Well, as usual, i decided to dial up the blitzes. I got to him 4 times, and hit him almost ever other pass play. I really was getting to him, but paid for it often as well. I think me mixing up the heat, zone, man, zone blitzes, really helped slow him down. I also changed up my formations a lot: 4-6, 3-4 under, 3-3-5, 2-4-5, 4-3 norm/over in order to add to that unpredictability.

He's a good solid player that i've had some battles with. Overall, this breaks our tie, giving me the 2-1 lead lifetime.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Nebraska stepped up their game a bit this week after getting embarrassed by Ohio State the week before. The Huskers took down Notre Dame by a score of 34-14. The Nebraska defense was the definite high point of the game forcing mulptiple turnovers and scoring the first TD of the game. The Huskers will take on conference foe Iowa State next week as they look towards a Big 12 Championship.

Nebraska Key Players
    LB- Derrick Martin - TD
    HB - Dontrayveous Robinson 20 carries for 187 yards, TD

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

FINALLY AUBURN PLAYS A GOOD GAME ON OFFENSE IN A 66 - 7 WIN OVER BOISE ST.

DEFENSE STILL PLAYED A KEY ROLE FORCING 5 T.O.'S AND OUR OFFENSE DID GOOD NOT TURING THE BALL OVER. WE GOT OUT 1ST RUSHING TD OF THE YEAR AND FOX BROKE 100YDS.
    HOPFULLY THIS WILL CARRY OVER VS BOSSY´╗┐

5. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

UGA 20
    LSU 21

Lsu was able to pull off the victory vs the bulldogs at home in baton rouge. UGA came in with a power run gameplan and the tigers had no answer for it throughout the game. somehow, despite lsu's offense and defense being anemic at time, they were still able to pull off the win in the last seconds of the game comming by way of a last second td after the dawgs missed a pat on the previous drive

6. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

A Flat Crimson Tide Survives Scare From Wildcats

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Crimson Tide still feeling good following the big win over Arkansas last week came out flat against Kentucky and had to fight for their lives to get the win. The Wildcats shut down the Alabama running game and if not for a 4th down stand late by the Alabama defense in the game may have pulled the upset.

7. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Sooners shut out Michigan 38-0

8. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

#3 Texas 33 - Wisconsin 29
    Longhorns roll with the running game

A late score with :24 left in the game sealed the victory for the Longhorns​

Stats that Matter
    Texas 3rd down efficiency: 25%
    Wisconsin 3rd down efficiency: 77.78%

Texas rushing: 29 rushes @ 9.28 ypc
    Michigan rushing: 21 rushes @ 4.19 ypc

9. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Fred runnin up the score on Boise!