(Y13) 2022 Week 5 Run Down

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

2. Iron Mickey

JFunk's recording of the Bama/Mizzou game​

3. Iron Mickey

Nick, this is a great game played between you and Funk. But there is definitely one thing I see here in this video I do not like.

You going for it on a 4th & 15 from your opponents 36 yard line......up 10 points with 2:32 left in the game man. That shit would never happen in real life.....never. You either have to punt it and try to pin your opponent or attempt the long Field Goal man.

Then on top of that you throw the deep post. While you were not in violation of the +20 rule on the deep post, just like JCA has expressed...you know the intent/purpose of it. Wouldn't be a big deal in most situations, but on a 4th & 15 that would prolly tick a lot of ppl off.

Not tryin to bad mouth ya, this is a perk to a few guys recording their games so we can point out the stuff we know that needs to be corrected. We know you are a good player and played a great game, but in future similar scenarios I would like you to use better judgment.

@mizzourah2006

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

USC @ Cal, 42 - 24. Offensive explosion for USC. Blockers making it to the 2nd level in the run game, gets Jared Preston going.

*Still cutting film from Washington game.

5. Iron Mickey

Getting it down?

6. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Yea, i did a test on my 1st capture for the Pride (Posted it over there if you want to check it out). A half of football took me 20-25 w/ Machete lite. Simple. I just need to log key plays during the game to have a reference.

7. Iron Mickey

yeah, once you get a good log on plays you like and get a handle you will be good

I can chop a whole User game up in 20-25 [​IMG]

8. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Georgia is done recruiting

9. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

when did I throw the deep post route? That was a HB fly. I could see how the 4th and 15 could have been unsim. But then again offense is much more potent in this game than it is in real life and it is much easier to run the course of the field than it is in real life (We have people that regularly do it in 45 seconds, not very realistic). So I made the decision to go for it instead of having an almost auto touchback. Mike Leach would have gone for it :)

I'm not trying to say I don't like the fact that people score so quickly, it makes the game extremely interesting, just that it changes the dynamic a little bit from a true game, so some strategies need to be tweaked IMO. I think it would have definitely been an issue if I had tried to score, but I ran the clock out after that, even giving up 3 points to end the game.

10. runthepound

didn't he get fired?...:D

11. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

IMO, I would be pissed if it happened to me, but in all fairess, I would probably do the samething. My past 2 games, the CPU scored at will in the final minutes, so why not try and extend the drive. It's a tough call, so close to the 2 minute mark.

*FTR, it was a HB Fly just under the Slot WR post.

12. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I'm okay with what Nick did. I was pissed at the moment but not at Nick for going for it, I was pissed that some how my guys couldn't stop a 4th and 15 passing route with pass commit on and the game on the line. That's the part that is unrealistic to me, not Nick's decision.

13. Iron Mickey

went back and looked. you ran a HB fly underneath what looked like a post route. so i see what you are saying, still not a SIM situation, we do not need to be going to 4th downs of that distance with 10 point leads.

its a 10 point game....not 3. He's not going to score that much if you punt or kick a FG in that time frame. still not an excuse in my opinion and probably none of the other board members.

14. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I see your point David. I'm pretty easy going on this stuff but some people could probably make a legit argument on it. So maybe we should steer away from it in that situation in the future.

15. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

I'm fine with that. FG was out of the question from that range for my kicker. From now on I will punt it in similar situations. I was just trying to give you guys what was going through my head when I made the decision and it was definitely not to try and score again.

16. Iron Mickey

yeah, thats what I'm saying. the chances of you winning if he coffin corners that punt inside the 10 out of bounds and you have to manage 10 points with less than 2 minutes is virtually impossible if he forces u to burn timeouts

17. Iron Mickey

nope, it's understood bro. you had the game pretty much handled at that point. no harm, no foul

18. runthepound

I can understand mizzou's point of wanting to run the clock out,but the fact is that it was 4th and 15. The likelihood of someone going for it in that case in real life, much less coverting the play, is highly unlikely. I think that is the main issue.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Irish win on the road 24-10 over Fresno, who seems to blitz every single down. Recruiting is looking very good ... details to come.

20. Dean

Dean Walk On

tOSU beats Penn St 42-7 to open Big 10 play. All of our main recruits were in attendance, hopefully we will get some commits

21. Iron Mickey

Troy & Coach G' get their 2nd win of the season & first Sun Belt Conference Win over a terrible Western Kentucky Hilltoppers team

Final: 35-7

HD Highlight's coming for this game since I fucked up the Michigan ones somehow.

22. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Convenient that you fucked up the game you lost, huh? :p

23. Iron Mickey

wanna see it? lol

24. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

All I want is for the Troy-FIU game to be recorded and posted up so everyone can marvel at my glorious victory.

25. Iron Mickey

dont make me cunt punch u

[​IMG]