(Y16) 2025 WEEK 2 RUN DOWN

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida disposes of Cincinnati 45-20 in The Swamp. Jonathan Mitchell (UF): 15 car, 131 yards, 3 TDs.

3. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Notre Dame finally gets the best of Coach Bruce with a 19-7 win over Michigan. New starting quarterback Dwayne Wilkerson is beaten up by the Wolverine defense and knocked out of the game twice. He has just one rushing yard but completes 13 of 14 for 155 and no turnovers. Strong safety Andy Bennett snags two interceptions, one of which in the fourth quarter in his own end zone.

gg bruce

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

GG, pretty tough way to start the season...its already in the shitter after two games..

5. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Hang in there Bruce. You havent had the greatest talent to play with in your time here. It will get better.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

All you need is the all-explosive Johnny Cooke!

7. BRUCE80

I remember someone singing Anthony Stephens praises....the dude sucks and is terrible. If he isnt getting hurt, he is throwing the ball a mile over or wide of open WRs...he threw some game changing picks against both USC and ND...dude sucks and I cant wait for him to be gone. We have had open guys and he throws the ball to the other team... I hate him.

Way to inaccurate for my taste and not a good enough ath to make a diff with his feet.

8. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Alabama escapes from Columbia with the W in double OT.
    Tough game. I was able to do a few things well but running wasn't one of them. Mizzou's D-Line was in my backfield the entire game, often fighting through double teams to stop ISO plays for loss.

I Punted first drive, got an INT and converted it to a TD a few plays later. Next drive was another INT by Mizzou which led to a field goal and a 10-0 Bama lead. Then came some punts and I got the ball back with about 1:30 left and no timeouts. I drove down to inside the 30 and threw an INT. Mizzou drove the length and scored before halftime to make it 10-7.

Second half was more of the same. Mizzou missed a field goal and made one in the 3rd to make it 10-10 and we went to OT.

In OT, Mizzou got the ball first and threw an INT at the 5 to my LB who was covering a slant route. We both figured game was over at that point but I wanted to try to score a TD. Had 4th and 1 at the 13 and Mizzou iced my kicker who shanked the game winner like you wouldn't believe.

2nd OT I took the ball down with more running attempts and scored on a triple option where I kept with the QB from 10 yards out. Mizzou was threatening to score but a sack on 3rd down made things 4th and 8.

It all came down to one play. Sensing that he would throw on whoever I was covering.. I called a cover 2 and played LB on his inside slot guy, who had been running deep enough to get into my safeties most of the game. He did, the receiver caught the ball but couldn't come down with it. Game over, 17-10 Bama.

Thanks Mizz, was fun.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Play Kenneth Gardner. He should be much better. BigSmooth recruited Stephens, but I recruited Gardner. Play my boy! lol.

10. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

FIU pulls off the shocker, upsetting #21 Iowa 24-21 with under a minute left in the 4th. Full recap coming later in the Panther Spotlight, remember to visit there for all of your FIU news!

11. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

congrats on the big win jam, looks like a bowl for FIU this season

12. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

*knocks on wood*

13. jca312

jca312 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. BRUCE80

I will be playing him next season, it was redshirt him or waste him situation....so he is redshirting so ill have a good QB next season rather then nothing.