(Y2) Bowl Week Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

=============== #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (10-2) ===============
    #11 Iowa will face #9 Florida State in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 24-7 against Ohio State (9-4).
    #3 Michigan will face #13 UCLA in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #4 LSU Tigers (11-1) ===============
    #4 LSU will face #6 BYU in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

=============== #6 BYU Cougars (11-1) ===============
    #6 BYU will face #4 LSU in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

=============== #13 UCLA Bruins (10-3) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 48-28 against Oregon (9-4).
    #14 UCLA will face #3 Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

=============== Oregon Ducks (9-4) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 48-28 against UCLA (10-3).
    #19 Oregon will face Baylor in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 28-27 against Tennessee (10-3).
    #2 Alabama will face #1 Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #7 Auburn Tigers (10-2) ===============
    #7 Auburn will face #24 Ohio State in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (10-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 42-21 against Virginia Tech (9-3).
    #9 Florida State will face #10 Iowa in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== #14 Tennessee Volunteers (10-3) ===============
    Last week, Tennessee lost 28-27 against Alabama (12-1).
    #10 Tennessee will face #15 Texas in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (9-3) ===============
    #8 Arkansas will face #17 Illinois in the Outback Bowl.

=============== #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (12-0) ===============
    #1 Notre Dame will face #2 Alabama in the BCS National Championship.​

2. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Looks like the honey badger "Tryann Mathieu" got 1st team AA

3. Joe_THEDREAM

Michigan out runs UCLA 40-0​

[​IMG]

Denard Robinson set a schools's all time rushing record on a day where he eclipsed 200 yards rushing. Coach Dream decided to almost completely throw out the pass plays of his offense, completing 0 total passes while attempting only 5. In a game where lag was minimal, denard was able to read his blocks, and break free. In typical Denard fashion, he struggles vs teams with elite speed, but is able to get loose and cause chaos on teams that aren't quite at the elite level yet, today was no exception. Late in the game, with a lead, we were able to call some exotic defenses that had the bruins QB confused, throwing three interceptions to Senior, Captain, former walk on, Jordan Kovacs, one of which kovacs took to the house. This game mirrored the IOWA game in terms of game control.​

Overall, we were faster than UCLA, and able to keep the bruins guessing on offense. We wish the bruins much luck next season.​

This ends the career of the most explosive player in college football history. Denard Robinson.​

[​IMG]

4. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Most explosive? Meh...

5. Joe_THEDREAM

He's got crap all around him. Put richardson or demps or ANYONE at RB with him and you'd be able to see what a real threat he is when you can't run 2 spy's on him, or all out blitz.

Regardless. I don't care what anyone says, kid is chris johnson with an arm, but a little more fragile.

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I don't think he's even the most explosive football player in college football today, even at his position. RGIII takes the cake there... but he's not even in the conversation for all time...

7. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

In my mind, Denard doesn't even come close to competing with this guy... but their NFL careers will be similar.​

8. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Man do I love that play against Mizzou in 2001. Right sticking the whole team for the score, the good ole Nebraska days.

back to the bowl game..........

Just too much speed, Denard gain 5 yards every carry before someone broke a block to hit him. Offensively my Oline just got their asses handed to them, could not hold a block worth a damn, Hundley played well the picks were forced balls on my end except one where I dont know where he was throwing, lol.

GG Joe, Hopefully I can start bringing in the classes to compete in my user games now, the QB is on the roster for the next two season at least, :).

9. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

The Nebraska play I'll always remember the Davidson play where he kicks the ball in the air on the pass to score as time expired... the "flea kicker"

10. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Sick practice jerseys bro

• Like Like x 1
  11. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

After years of embarrassment, After countless coaches, After all the media scrutiny!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. capp34

Notre Dame would start the game with ball and was moving the ball pretty until Bama's defense stepped up and held us to FG.​

Bama would then then take ball and begin driving with a time consuming drive.​
    However they were unable to put up any points because big user pick by Brembo.​

Notre Dame then took the ball again but was unable to get anything going and was forced to punt it away. Bama would get a 1st down the B. Jackson mad the second huge play on defense by picking off Bama again for the second turnover of the half.​

We were able to the ball inside the ten but was forced to take another FG. Neither team put up anymore points and we went into halftime with a score of 6-0. Neither team was able to get anything going in the 3rd I think we exchanged punts a couple times.​

Again in the 4th both defenses are playing lights out and nobody could really do anything. Fast forward to under the 4 minute mark and Bama was looking at a 4th and inches on their on 35 when the biggest play of the game occured.​

Now we are up 9 with 2 minutes and we begin to smell the win.​

After the sack we would seal the game with a pick to win the title game. GG uagrad90

• Like Like x 2
  13. capp34

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Great Game capp34 you deserve it. You made my bad passing game a non factor and I was in trouble after that. The only one I really hate was the throw in the 2nd half where I had the guy open for the TD and lead it too far. But I tip my hounds-tooth hat to you and say great job.​

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Congrats on getting the bcs crown this year !!
    capp34

16. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Great posts Capp. Really enjoyed them.

17. Joe_THEDREAM

You realize RG3 has better people around him and also is a year older and has had the same system his whole time there? Denards broken just about every michigan record besides passing. He was a first team all american in his first year starting. At any other school, he'd be a RS Sophmore.

None of the people you linked can throw the ball.

18. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I'm starting to think he may not even be the best quarterback on his team...otherwise, why would he be leaving the field? He's an explosive player, but extremely inconsistent. Turns the ball over a ton, loses yardage often, and fails to win consistently. He was a very good player early in his career, but he's essentially the same player now. And RG3 is definitely a more explosive player and a far better quarterback. Dude won NCAA 400 meter hurdles as a 17 year old. And I'm not so sure that Baylor has better offensive players than Michigan... pretty much a toss up. I'll concede the age thing.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Dual-Threat QB's I'd take first, not including crouch...

Cunningham, McNair, Frazier.... even Newton and Tebow (ew).

19. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Agree CP, Gardner is the better QB by far.

20. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

BYU beats LSU 45-42. Didn't get any highlights from the game, but I was up 42-14 at half. Nice comeback Ford.

21. Joe_THEDREAM

Not the better QB on the team? So, you two think that Hoke is purposely playing a worse QB for what reason?

22. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn wins the Capitol one bowl
    Dyer in what could be his last game ran for 128 and 2 scores. Defense struggled but we won...lets get to off season.
    ScreenHunter_05 Oct. 21 11.41.gif

23. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I think that Denard plays because he is indeed explosive and offers the consistent threat of a big play and a solid option in the run game. He also is very experienced. If Denard was a great (or even good) passer, Gardner wouldn't see the field outside of mop up duty. I'm not saying that Denard isn't explosive. He is very explosive and exciting to watch. I'm saying Denard isn't the most explosive player in NCAA history as you originally claimed, isn't the most explosive quarterback in NCAA history, and isn't the most explosive quarterback in the NCAA today. I don't think he's the most explosive player in Michigan history either. I understand he holds records for all-purpose yards at Michigan, but he is the first dual threat quarterback they've ever had, which is a whole different monster when it comes to statistics.

24. Joe_THEDREAM

Majority of the college world probably agrees with you. I don't. Denard has no threats around him. Put him on a squad that actually has playmakers and he'd be even better than he is now. Put slaton, devine, jaquizz rogers, any scat back that would be elusive and be a home run threat and it would be damn near impossible to stop. Right now he's making magic out of garbage. That last MSU game i think is on borges and the coaches.

25. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Arkansas wins the Outback Bowl with a 14-7 victory over Illinois.

Recap coming tonight