(Y2) Game of the Week : Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Sep 17, 2010.

?

Who win?

1. BYU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Iowa

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

#16 BYU Cougars @ #4 Iowa Hawkeyes
    [​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG]
    Rankings
    [​IMG]
    B Overall Rating A-
    A- Offensive Rating A+
    B- Defensive Rating B+
    27.0(#59) Points per Game 48.0(#7)
    347(#101) Total Offense 520(#65)
    -11(#119) Rush Offense 173(#67)
    358(#56) Pass Offense 347(#58)
    260(#28) Total Defense 472(#64)
    126(#53) Rush Defense 102(#42)
    134(#12) Pass Defense 370(#71)
    0(#55) Turnover Differential 2(#21)

Welcome to week 3 boys! Had some good user games last week, saw Wisconsin beat Oregon State but a big surprise came with a Michigan State Spartan win on the road against the #5 ranked USC Trojans. No miracle this week fellas. Iowa has too much for BYU's defense. Too early to tell from the stats up above but we all know how Mike does his thang up in Iowa. Quietly, but powerfully he puts together good squads. Nothing on the Jam master because I have never played him yet. Iowa won last week at #17 Pitt 48-31. Not a great win because they let the Panthers rack up 31 on them. Hawkeyes don't seem to have that shut down defense it appears. Stat boy, was Dion Lewis playing? James Vandenburg is at the helm after Rick "I can't stand the rain" Stanzi left. Big V went 11-17 with 347 yards and 3 touchdowns! A-Rob & Wegher combined for 28 carries and 173 yards on the ground with a touchdown a piece. We do know that BYU likes to pass as the pass to rush
    yardage is displayed above. I think the Hawkeyes will be able to contain them. One thing I do believe is Tyler Sash will be all over those Cougars like my fat son is on food.

Enough about those guys from no where. Let's talk about these Mormons! BYU had a very convincing win over #25 Texas in coach Jam's second season debut. After only losing once last season and not getting any love till the end. BYU comes out this week ranked #16 with a pass heavy offense. Riley Nelson leads these "book finders" into Iowa with 4, yes, 4 senior wide receivers. Stephen Covey, Spencer Hafoka, Oneill Chambers and McKay Jacobson are all ready to do battle with the Iowa secondary. The man with the dirty job will be Carter Mees, who had 8 total tackles last week, all of them being solo. He'll have to do his best to keep these Hawkeye backs out of the end zone.

[​IMG]
    "Iowa gets it done. Too much firepower in the backfield and Vandenburg can get it done if need be. BYU is an up and coming team but they aren't ready for the strength of the Big Ten!"

If I offended any Mormons, I apologize. Just a joke!

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I have utmost confidence in my players, as they do in themselves. I'm not surprised to see the so-called "experts" picking against us, they did so last season. We have something to prove, and we're prepared to go out there and rock the college football landscape yet again.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I never root against Iowa, even if I was playing them. Go Hawks!

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Gotta go with Iowa...those ratings don't lie on the field...big day by the Iowa ground game.

30-20

5. controllerabuser

[​IMG]

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Going with Iowa on this one. Their defense will hold BYU in check through the air (byu won't be running the ball it seems...not with a rush offense that is #119 in the country!)

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Oh, and once again no mention of the unranked Oregon Duck's taking down Boise State for the first time ever.

LaMichael James is taking mental notes :D

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I know this is going to be a tough matchup. BYU's offense is explosive. If my defense does not show up, it will be a long day for me, no matter what I can do on offense.

Mike

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Boise was a tough out last season. Only loss was to a cpu controlled Bama team that barely lost to PSU during the season.

Mike

10. controllerabuser

:D

11. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Someone other than myself actually picked BYU? Your faith will be rewarded my friend!

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

word on the street is that Jam hacked into Bob's account and voted for himself. that's just the word on the street.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Gotta go with the Big Ten here. Hawkeyes win big I think....I love their defense and I think the first game was an abberration.

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    This is great work man...I have to go with Iowa even though I am not a fan of Big Ten ball