(Y2) Game Summaries Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Post in here

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Upset Alert

Florida almost downed by USF Double OT 41 UF 38 USF

Florida's defense showed up finally in the second OT period. Ronald Powell would get a big second down sack and on 3rd and long Janoris Jenkins picked off a pass on the 1 yard line. The Gators would run 3 times before the Claeb Sturgis game winner from 37.

John Brantley was good and bad keeping the Bulls in the game with 3 picks but threw 4 TD passes and nearly 400 yards. The running game got a boost from him as well as we was able to succesfully keep a couple option reads for first downs and escape the paws of the Bulls defenders and get some yardage before sliding.

Andre Debose caught 3 TD's and totalled well over 100 yards receiving. Will Hill also had a pick in this one.

Florida must have been looking at UT and it almost cost them.

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Too Close for Comfort
    FSU Survives Against Virginia, 28-21
    [​IMG]
    TALLAHASSEE, FL -- Coach Jam.'s coaching debut was almost disastrous. After a controversial decision by Jam to switch FSU's offensive philosphy to a triple offense attack, the Seminoles suffered some major growing pains. The option was practically useless in the first half of the game, actually losing more yards than it gained. Luckily, Senior QB E.J. Manuel knew how to sling the ball around, leading his team to a TD on their second possession to take the lead at 7-0. However, Virginia would quickly respond. After a couple of big plays (flukes) they were able to drive down the field for a tying touchdown. Their next possession, an ill-fated throw to the flat turned into a pick 6 by an FSU defender, giving FSU the lead at 14-7. However, UVA would dominate the second quarter.
    Virginia was easily able to march down the field for two touchdowns in the second quarter, and the FSU offense suffered 3 straight three and outs which had the coaches and players complaining about the triple option offense under their breath. Luckily for the Seminoles, Jam was able to make some adjustments for the second half. However, the offense wouldn't click until the 4th quarter, as FSU was held scoreless in the 3rd. Virginia was able to continue their offensive dominance, taking a 21-14 lead after a couple of passing touch downs.
    In the 4th, the Seminole offense finally managed some continuity, mustering up 3 scoring drives. A couple of early FG drives took the deficit to 1 point. After that, FSU's defense finally stepped up, stuffing the Virginia passing game. QB EJ Manuel was able to lead the FSU offense on one last touchdown drive which would seal the game for the Seminoles.
    NEXT GAME: Florida State University @ Boston College

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Knoxville, TN- For the second straight week the Vols played an opponent will out of their league and for the second straight week the Vols dominated. Middle Tennessee said they would pull the upset but they left upset.

"I don't know where that came from but hopefully next time they'll let sleeping dogs sleep." Coach JerzeyReign stated afterwards.

Tennessee dominated this one from the opening kickoff. Vols QB Matt Simms (6/7 244yds 2TD 0INT) looked sharp in this one as he connected with WR Matt Milton for a 21 yard touchdown pass to open up the scoring. After the Vols forced a MTU 3 and out they would add another touchdown. This time Simms found WR Justin Hunter behind the coverage for a 84 yard touchdown pass to give the Vols a quick 14 point lead.

Tennessee would add another FG and Gerald Williams would return a fumble 43 yard fumble before Middle Tennessee would add a FG to head into the half down 27-3. Matt Simms would score on a five yard run in the third quarter giving the Vols a 34-3 lead and end the day for the starters on both sides of the ball. Tennessee's second string could only muster a FG but did have one bright spot on that side of the ball as freshman HB Rajion Neal had 11 carries for 133 yards.

Tennessee improved to 2-0 on the year and next week travel to the Swamp to take on coach Sdid and their hated rivals, the Florida Gaytors;)

5. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Who needs defense? Auburn scores the last TD to win a shootout over #25 Baylor 56-52.

QB Cam Newton, who missed most of the Tigers' first game due to injury, looked like he was in midseason form. Newton earned the SEC Offensive Player of the Week honors with a huge passing performance for 550 yards and six touchdowns. The Tigers' spread offense attack was too much for the Baylor defense to handle as Newton was able to pick the Bear defense apart in just about every way. Baylor had similar success on offense as QB Robert Griffin III was a true dual-threat passing for over 350 yards and rushing for over 200.

After going back and forth for most of the game, Newton found WR Antonio Goodwin for a 32 yard touchdown strike with 1:27 left in the game. The Tiger defense had not stepped up all game long, but finally were able to take advantage of a great opportunity. After getting the ball off of the kickoff, Griffin threw a long post route to his receiver over the middle. Griffin lead his receiver too far and the ball was picked off by Auburn FS Mike Slade to kill the Bears' chances.

The Tigers have improved to 2-0. Auburn will begin conference play next week as they host the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't be afraid of defense;)

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Well VT is stuck in a game freeze. 33-13 with 1:17 left in 4th. I have a pic saved on my phone. How do I get it to my laptop? It is saved to to a micro sd card.

8. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Maybe you can email it to yourself from your phone? Or if you have a relatively new laptop, you probably have a slot for a SD memory card. Look around the back and sides of your laptop.

9. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

When you plug it in to your computer, it should pop up as a removable disk

[​IMG]

If it doesn't, you may have to turn on USB on your phone, I dont know what kind it is. But when it does, then you "open folder to view files", go to DCIM (This is your camera folder) and for ME it saves the pics in a folder called "Camera", find the pic, and upload it to a file sharing site like min.us (Which I like because you can drop files from your computer to it).

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Baylor defenders are dumb they dont play the zone or the man. Especially in user games going to lose all user games but wont lose to CPU and definately wont lose if we dumb down the sliders.