(Y2) Game Summaries Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Nov 14, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Post in here when complete

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tennessee is Rocky Top Rollin' after knockin' off #8 Florida 35-21 in the Swamp

Full Summary Tomorrow

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

good win jerzey

4. NDCOLTS1979

5. NDCOLTS1979

game froze there so go ahead and sim it.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm assuming a freeze... PS3 can't take 17 hours of Black Ops and 2 hours of NCAA on a daily grind:)

7. NDCOLTS1979

Lmao its only 15 hours of COD

8. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

#20 Ok St 34
    ASU 28

The Sun Devils jump out to an 14 point lead against the Cowboys. ASU defense put out both OSU's QB in the first qrt so the offense would struggle. 2nd half it was all Oklahoma St coming back from the deficit lead by the big arm QB Brandon Weeden he would set schools records throwing for 506 yds in the game. (Key play of the game OSU QB Brandon Weeden connects with WR Isaiah Anderson 31 yds for a TD to put the Cowboys up by two scores early in the 4th qrt)

**PLAYERS OF THE GAME**
    ASU: S. Threet 20-26, 378 yds, 4 TD
    OK ST: B. Weeden 32-45, 506 yds, 3 TD

next week the Cowboys face Baylor

9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Week 3 Final

[​IMG]

15[​IMG]

First Quarter

00:19 FG Maryland Nick Ferrara K #43 20 yard field goal

Second Quarter

06:50 TD Miami Travis Benjamin WR #3 48 yard pass from Jacory Harris QB #12
    01:00 TD Maryland DJ Adams HB #10 1 yard rush

Third Quarter

06:09 TD Maryland Ronnie Tyler WR #4 30 yard pass from Jamarr Robinson QB #11
    00:00 TD Maryland Davin Meggett HB #8 2 yard rush

Forth Quarter

01:37 TD Maryland Davin Meggett HB #8 1 yard rush
    00:30 TD Miami Aldarius Johnson WR #4 5 yard pass from Jacory Harris QB #12

key player

Davin Meggett 142 rush yars 2 tds

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I was just looking at your highlights @fordtuff504 and Harris made a terrible throw into the endzone... that tipped touchdown catch was pretty good too... nice win

11. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Auburn can't stop Mississippi State's final drive as the Tigers take their first loss of the year.

Four Cam Newton interceptions doomed the chances of the Auburn Tigers as they drop their first SEC conference game of the year at home to the Mississippi State Bulldogs. The beginning of the game looked absolutely brutal for the Tigers as the Bulldogs scored touchdowns on their first three possessions to take a lead of 20-0 early in the second quarter. Auburn was able to finish out the first half and get within striking distance after Newton led them down the field for a field goal and a touchdown just before halftime to cut the deficit to 20-10.

This was a game filled of missed opportunities for Auburn as Newton drove his team down the field only to be picked off yet again in the red zone. The Bulldogs made him pay by driving down the field with a fierce running attack and pounding the ball into the end zone. Auburn did a great job of hanging in the game. Down 26-10, Newton led a powerful air attack to touchdowns on their next two possessions. Newton also threw for a two-point conversion and ran the other one in himself to tie the game at 26-26 with 2:30 left in the game. Unfortunately for Auburn, the Tiger D still could not contain the Dogs run game. After continuing to pick up about seven yards every carry, Mississippi State was able to run down the clock and kick a field goal with just 31 seconds left to take a late lead of 29-26. With his back against the wall, Newton had to force the ball down the field and was picked off for the fourth time of the day, eliminating all hopes of an Auburn win.

The loss drops the Tigers to 2-1 (0-1) on the year. Auburn will finish its four-game home stand by hosting rival Florida next week.

12. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Total Team Effort

[​IMG]

BOSTON, MA -- Jam's team needed a strong showing this week, after a lackluster effort against Virginia in week 2. Facing the undefeated Boston College Eagles, it seemed like they had a tough road ahead of them. This certianly was the case as BC was able to jump out to a quick 10-0 lead early in the 1st quarter, with the FSU offense struggling to establish a rhythm. Momentum would swing FSU's way early in the 2nd quarter after they were able to cap off a drive that included a 68 yard pass to WR Reed with a FG to shrink the deficit to 7.

Both offenses then became stagnant until the final two minutes of the half, where FSU was able to put together a 2 minute drill and score a touchdown with only 0:43 left on the clock. However, after a blown coverage assignment by the Free Safety, BC scored a touchdown of their own. By a miracle, FSU was able to respond after a monster kick return by Reid which set up a 11 yard touchdown pass, taking the game to 21-17, with BC in the lead.

Florida State completely dominated from here on out, especially the third quarter. Their defense was able to hold BC to consecutive 3 and outs, while scoring 3 touchdowns in a row, followed by 2 field goals, leading to 34 unanswered points by the Seminole offense, effectively putting the game out of reach. Though none of the FSU rushers ran for more than 75 yards, the Seminole offense totalled over 250 rushing yards for the day, making this a true team effort.

[Side note: The announcers made my kicker the player of the game, with 4 FGs and 5 extra points...I don't think I've ever seen that before, haha.]

13. Jam.

Damn, tough loss man. Seems like every once in a while users play a game like that...god knows I have, haha.

14. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

It sucked but at least I know it was my fault for throwing dumb passes. Hopefully I can figure out how to play some D with this team soon.

15. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

not sure how im winning, the AI is rediculous with the super psychic defense, he, has anyone else been having problems with tackling the ai in the open field? like when the ai goes into that leaning animation its like my player goes blind and i cant even touch him, oh and why would they get rid of RC'ing but the Ai can still do it?oh, and one other thing, the return game (pr/kr), any suggestions? anyone notice how u cant house an int with a fast cb but u can house a fumble with a dlineman? am i the onlyone that the Ai always scores on 3rd down, no matter what? ok, lemme end this li'l rant before i pass out lol

16. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

VT overcomes a 10 point 4th qtr deficit to win 24-21. Down 21-10, Va Tech scores with under 3 minutes left, holds GT, then drives down the field overcoming a holding and a clipping call to score the go ahead TD with 44 seconds left. GT thought they would put a safety on Boykin, who torches the guy by 10 yards for the score.

GT's kicker misses 4 FG's (3 from 50+) to help the Hokies.

17. Jam.

Nice win, Ona! Lucky that the GT kicker missed though, haha.

18. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Thanks Jam. Paul Johnson thought he had Fuad Reviez on the roster!

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coach Notes:

• Tennessee jumped out to a 17-0 lead before Florida's charge, Florida eventually took a 21-20 second half lead.
    • This was coach Reign's first win over Florida in two tries (sim loss last season)
    • Matt Simms continued his impressive start throwing for 269 yards and two touchdowns in this one. Simms has 10 touchdowns to only one interception so far this season.
    • Tennessee's WR Corp, the Roger Twins, combined for 5 catches 103 yards and one touchdown
    • Tennessee went 55% on 3rd down conversions including huge conversions late in the fourth to seal the victory.
    Diddy I wanted to blow this summary out but with my internet difficulties yesterday, while it was still fresh, I couldn't and have honestly forgotten what happened in our game. Should of recorded it but I was lazy yesterday. That was a great game and I look forward to all the great battles in the future we'll have deciding my SEC East crown;)

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

gg Jerz this is what is gonna keep me hungry and on my toes throughout the OD good win

21. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Bayou Bengals lose absolute gut punch of a game:

My TE dropped the tying two point conversion with 6 seconds left, as I had earlier missed an extra point in the rain. I could seriously cry right now, and almost passed out after this one.

[​IMG]

22. NDCOLTS1979

Are you guys going to hug or something now gees lol

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Only a man hug:)