(Y2) Game Summaries Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Nov 16, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Post in Here

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Rocky Top Miracle!! #22 Tennessee defeats rival Georgia 34-28 in overtime.... going to write my summary for last week's game but this one was pure enjoyment and amazement, I'm really shocked I won this game

3. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Auburn takes down #18 Florida 24-21 in Jordan-Hare Stadium

The Tigers improve to 3-1 on the year and 2-0 against ranked teams. QB Cam Newton was named player of the game as he turned in a solid performance completing 17 of 25 passes for 198 yards. Newton also ran for two touchdowns. The Tigers' defense stepped up big and put a lot of pressure on Brantley sacking him five times and forcing three interceptions on the day.

Auburn will play its first road game of the season next week when the Tigers travel to USC to take on the Gamecocks.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Athens,GA- The SEC East may have been decided this year on one of the most craziest events in College Football history. Tennessee completely dominated this game throughout but the Vols' inability to put the game away late gave the Bulldogs all the help they would need. Fast forward this one to late in the fourth quarter.
    Georgia cut Tennessee's 14 point lead to 7 on a seven yard rush by Washaun Ealey(22att 121yds 3TD) with just over two minutes left. Tennessee would look to run the clock out nursing a one score lead. Georgia, with 3 timeouts left, was determined to get the ball back. After two runs by Tauren Poole (16att 79yds 2TD) true freshman Raijon Neal, who had a huge game last week, trotted onto the field. Nerves must of gotten the best of him as the frosh forgot to cover up and got smacked by Georgia's Cameron Jones. The fumble was recovered by Georgia and the entire stadium went into a frenzy. Georgia's Aaron Murray (16/26 214yds 1TD 1INT) led a great 64 yard Georgia drive, capped by a touchdown toss to Washaun Ealey with 6 seconds left to tie the score and kept Athens on the edge of their seats.
    Georgia had all the momentum and Tennessee was shellshocked. On their first possession the game was all but lost as a short FG sailed off the right upright to leave them scoreless. With Georgia on the Tennessee 25 yard line all they needed was a FG to end this one. After an Aaron Murray 17 yard pass to Rantavious Wooten got the ball to the Vols' 8 yard line this one seemed to be locked up.
    After a false start penalty pushed the Bulldogs back 5 yards the Bulldogs' coaching staff decided to throw for it.
    "I have no clue what they were thinking but I'm glad their not good at it." Coach JerzeyReign said of the poor decision.
    On the next play Georgia try to throw for the win against an all out desperate Tennessee team. The Vols' Anthony Anderson would make the play of his career as he hit Aaron Murray from behind and forced a fumble. Left end Gerald Williams would pick the ball up and rumble 82 yards to give the Vols an incredible 34-28 win over their rival Georgia.
    The win puts Tennessee in total control of the SEC East and keeps them undefeated (4-0,2-0) on the young season.

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

UNC Handles In-state Rival NC State, Wins 38-28

In a game that was never really in doubt, two top QB's battled it out til the very end. Although Russell Wilson was solid for NC State, second year starter Bryn Renner was great. Renner would complete 24-38 passes for 367 yards and 3 TD's as the Tar Heels continue their great run after a heartbreaking loss to GTech a few weeks back. "That game is behind us. All we can do is focus on who we play this week," said Renner. The Tar Heels also showed a balance attack with 148 yards of rushing, lead by Giovani Bernard whom had 2 TD's for the day. "There's still a lot of games to be played, but I feel good about where we are headed," said coach nrg_qbz. "Our boys are ready."

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

VT and MIZZOU play a game straight outta NFL Blitz with the Hokies coming out on top 51-50. Key stat of the game was...well...the Hokies got the ball last. Check back Friday for recap.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Guess thats the best stat to have:)... FSUprime and I had that 73-71 game in season one... I don't have no clue where these games come from but when they do its crazy

8. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

This one was a wild swinger. Halfway through the first quarter, I think I'm about to get housed. Halfway through the 2nd, I'm in complete control. Halftime, I don't know what the fuck just happened.

9. alemic

alemic Walk On

Hahaha damn straight man. There were so many times I thought the game was over in somebody's favor. Next thing I know halftime and we were back at square one. Things lightened up in the second half though but damn man what a game. I can not wait for next year.