(Y2) Game Summaries Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Nov 24, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Well crap, I can't seem to find the game summary for week 5 anywhere...do we have one?

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

UNC Comes from Behind to Defeat Virginia Tech, Wins 30-16

The Tar Heels took a 7-0 lead after one quarter on a 11-yard TD run by Giovani Bernard. Things got really interesting in the 2nd quarter as QB Bryn Renner got picked off twice by the Hokies. Amazingly, and what could possibly be the main reason why UNC came out the victors, was that Virginia Tech drove deep into UNC territory three times and only came away with three field goals. VTech would head into halftime up 9-7. After a shaky start, Renner could not miss a receiver in the second half it seems. His 28 yard strike to Erik Highsmith gave UNC a 14-9 lead. However, VTech would not back down, scoring on a 2 yard run by Darren Evans.

Down 14-16 heading into the final quarter, the Tar Heels dug down and finally took it to VTech. A 28 yard TD run by Bernard gave the Tar Heels a lead that they would not relinquish. The play of the game came on VTech's next drive, as UNC LOLB Dion Guy scooped up a fumble and ran it 30 yards for the score. A late UNC fg would effectively end VTech's hopes of making a comeback.

Great game onaradio...always a pleasure to play against you man!

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Probably not. I was on the bye so I didn't put one up, my bad. I did look at all the highlights from all the games though.