(Y2) Week 1 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

(Y2) Week 1 News/Updates

Post them here.

Also post your depth charts under scouting reports. (There is a thread/video on how to do it under scouting)

2. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

uga offense struggles vs wyoming 42-14. we got four defensive scores..murray threw 4 ints 0 tds

3. Iron Mickey

what happend? just first opening week adjustments with a new sqaud?

jet lag to Laramie?

4. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Well South Carolina got off to the worst start imaginable. Starting RB Marcus Latimore goes down on the first play of the game and it was all downhill from there. I made a few attempts at a comeback but Clifford kept throwing the ball to OU, I might turn out to miss Garcia more than I anticipated. Oklahoma wins 31-7 as they completely out talent, out coach, and out play the Gamecocks. back to the drawing board. (n)

But tuco played a great game and will be a force to be reckoned with, so best of luck to him and the Sooners.

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

After an even first half and a 14-14 halftime score, #9 Miami pulled away from Auburn winning 30-14. The game turned when the Hurricanes punted on a 4th & 1 at Auburn's 42 yard line, then on the next play, Marcus Fortson sacked Cameron Newton for a Safety. Freshman tight end put the game away with a 62-yard touchdown reception to help Miami to a winning start to the season.

6. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State takes out a tough and gritty Pitt team 35-23

Dion Lewis stole the show with over 160 yds on less than 20 carries.

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Maryland comes from behind and scores 21 unanswered to beat rival West VA 21-17.. Starting QB Robinson was benched in the second half while back up Dan O'brien comes in and give Terps much needed spark

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

#16 Nebraska knocks off #6 USC 35-28 in overtime

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hold on... new guy question: Is JFunk that good? If so, I want him on my schedule

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

JFunk i would say is (n). but when he is on his game you better watch out and make sure you can score with him or make stops

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya he is good. The biggest thing is that he doesn't make mistakes, I don't know how many turnovers I have gotten against him, but it isn't many and when I do get one it is a weird type of luck thing. Of course he has the best team talent wise in the nation, so that helps.

12. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

I don't actually know how good he is since most of his backups are better than my starters, but he sure kicked my ass. C- Defense against A+ offense will tend to be one sided. It was a pretty realistic score.

13. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

The South Carolina Gamecocks have been on the practice field all day after their embarrassing loss to Oklahoma. The Carolina offense is looking much better and is excited to get back out on the field next week. The NCAA has yet to inform the Gamecocks of any violations committed despite the fact that they have gone well over the 20 hour per week rule.

On a side not I finally got my HDMI cord and it has made my passing game soooo much better already. At first it was kind of hard to get used to but now I am able to make reads based on what the secondary is doing. We will see how it works out in my next game, but I think it will help me big time. So let this be a warning to the everybody else I play, you are going to face a mad and mean Gamecock squad!

14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

After last nights game against West VA Coach GSUtiger has re-opended the QB Battle. In last nights QB starter Robinson was replaced by back up Obrien in the 2nd half. Obrien lead the Terps to a comeback victory over their rival. Coach has said each QB will play a half in the next game against Clemson. Who ever performs the best will get the starting job for the rest of the season
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    1 Robinson, Jamarr QB 81 Senior (RS) 6'0" 191 lbs Sanford, NC
    2 OBrien, Danny QB 77 Sophomore (RS) 6'3" 208 lbs Oxford, NC

15. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

And sorry I haven't been able to give my take on the game last night I've worked about 35 hours in the past two days. As far as the game, much like wreck'em said there was a huge talent discrepancy. Once I got the offense going he didn't have the horses to slow them down. No knock on him or praise on me, just reality. But wreck'em is class and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.