(Y2) Week 2 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Schedule coming in the am
    Great work on week 1

2. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Notre Dame play stiffs defense and shut out Washington State

[​IMG]

3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

-COUGARS THINKING UPSET, KNOCK OFF #13-

[​IMG][​IMG]

FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS-- The unranked Brigham Young Cougars were not intimidated by SEC power Arkansas. Outmatched at nearly every position, BYU overpowered #13 Arkansas, winning 20-17. The game played even for three quarters before the Cougars pulled away with a 36 yard field goal with 1:37 remaining in the fourth quarter. BYU again controlled the ball and pounded the running game. Eight different players carried the ball for the Cougars, with option QB Riley Nelson leading all rushers with 4 carries for 80 yards and 2 TDs. Nelson's 63 yard option keeper was the play of the game for BYU, answering Arkansas's early score. Junior Jake Heaps completed 10 of 16 passes and protected the football, leading his team by taking what the defense gave him. Senior MLB Uona Kaveinga led the defense, totalling 7 tackles (1 TFL) and adding a game-sealing interception. The Cougars continue their tough out-of-conference schedule next week when they travel to Knoxville to take on the #11 Volunteers. Coach Berta is making it be known how important this game is, quoted as saying, "they got us last year in a tight one, and this is one we have to have if we want to get to where we think we can be at the end of the year. We've had this circled since March."​

Good game Sabo.​

4. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Ann Arbor- Florida State falls to 0-2 to start the 2012 season after falling to Denard Robinson and the Wolverines of Michigan. The game was a tighly contested battle until the 2nd half when Mr. Robinson was too much for the 'Noles defense to handle. The Michigan Sr. QB was all over the field amassing 203 yards on the ground, getting to paydirt twice and adding a score through the air as well. Robinson was knocked out of the game late in the 4th Qtr. with what the Michigan trainers are calling a strained pectoral muscle his status for next week's game against Notre Dame is uncertain. Seminoles QB Clint Trickett had another rough outing and True Freshman QB Darren Bonner got in the game for the last play throwing a deep pass that was batted down by the Michigan defense to end the game. In the post-game press conference 'Noles Head Coach Robbie Garrison was asked about his decision to replace Trickett with the true freshman in that situation and he replied: "I didn't think we had anything to lose by it, I think he has the stronger arm in my opinion and that was what we needed at the time. Hell if I thought he could have tackled that damn QB they had better than the guys we had out there on defense I would have replaced them with him!" Florida State hosts SEC Power Alabama next week at Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium as they hope to rebound from 0-2 start. When asked who would be starting QB for that game HC Garrison replied with a wink: "Trickett is the guy until we have to deal with that, we DO NOT have a qb situation here".
    Mich1.JPG
    Mich2.JPG
    Mich3.JPG
    Mich4a.JPG
    Mich4b.JPG

5. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

[​IMG]

Michigan beats FSU on the legs of Denard and the arm of back up QB sanders. Denard got knocked out late in the game leading to TR FR SANDERS to come in and immediately convert a 4th on 5 with a ROCKET throw to odoms on a slant. Sanders showed that he was comfortable in the system despite only being on campus for a month. Sanders, on the following play, went 5 wide, RB comes back for a PA Pass, he rolls out and hits odoms on the three who does a nifty move to lose three defenders and score for the go ahead touchdown. Denard was torching the FSU defense with the option game, he also would spread FSU out and pick them apart. Coach Tiger had an aggressive game plan to smackdown anyone coming near him, causing several fumbles. Seeing that he was having a hard time stopping Denard, he instructed his players to go for kill shots and try to rip the ball loose. This backfired on him as denard tore off a 60 yard run on a QB Option keeper. FSU LB #11 had a clean shot, only to see denard duck his big hit attempt and streak for the touchdown. Denard finished with over 200 yards rushing.​

Coach Tiger now knows Brian Kellys pain:​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Boy this game was muchhhhh closer than the final score indicated. maij17 had me on the ropes for most of the game doing what he wanted to on offense and pretty much shutting me down for most the game on defense. We caught some late breaks and made some nice plays in the running game, which was ultimately the game.

It started slow as neither team could really sustain a drive on offense. Vols score with just about 2 mins left in the first. 7-0 Vols end of 1. UCLA was able to get rolling on offense and score twice in a row on two beautiful drives. The Vols would add a late score on a well execute 2 minute drill. 14-14 at half. UCLA would come out rolling again on offense and would catch the Vols in blown cover 2 assignment and hit a wide open WR down the sideline for a 70 yard TD strike. Sensing the inefficiency of the passing game the Vols would turn to their power run game and it would pay off. Lane would score on a 11 yard run over right tackle following blockers all the way to the zone and then 2 minutes later Neal would take power-o over the left side for a 76 yard TD run. 28-21 Vols. The 4th quarter would be all Vols, more specifically all Vols rushing game. The Vols would score 24 points in the 4th with TD runs of 55, 68, and 67. UCLA would add a couple late scores but the Vols running game would eat up to much clock. 52-35 Vols, final.

7. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Crimson Tide Come From Behind to Defeat SMU

8. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

9. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Blew the game. For whatever reason, i tried to get some yards as the kick was 54 yards, i panicked and tried to get some yards with 11 seconds left. Ran around, got tackled, and time ran out. I should of thrown it away and tried the 54 yarder. Earlier in the game, some how, it ran a fake punt on my own 30 when i meant to punt it. ND ended up with a FG, which ended up to be the difference. Really frustrating.

10. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

-36 HOUR WARNING

11. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

D Carries Hawkeyes Past the Gators

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On