(Y2) Week 9 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

(Y2) Week 9 News/Updates

Oklahoma St loses to Oklahoma 38-16

17-16 game with less than 3 min. in the 4th Qtr, but like usual for the 2011 season we fall apart.

Good game Tuco. Go get in that National Championship bud

========
    Note: Tomm I will have 3 highlight vid's posted including tonight's game with OU

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Vandy starts tough and scores first but then reality sets in. Bama win 45-7.

3. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Great game G

Momentum really snowballed for me in the fourth quarter, I was starting to think about saving timeouts for potentially icing the kicker.

Interesting situation occured in the game and was wondering everyone's take-

Oklahoma was up 17-16 with a little over two minutes left in the game. Sooner RB Jermie Calhoun breaks a run up the middle and is gone on a 75 yard touchdown run. As he hit the red zone, it crossed my mind to go down inside the five. OU scored to go up by eight, meaning the Pokes had two minutes with a chance to tie it.

Strategic question- Would you have your RB go down inside the ten when your primary concern is killing the clock?

Sportsmanship question- Is doing such a thing unsportsmanlike?

4. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

I would say in that situation it would probably not happen in real life. With 2 minutes left, a team would not risk a for sure TD for a potential FG. With less than a minute left, it could potentially happen. I could see a player sliding down with 30 seconds to go, up by a point, but I just don't see it happening with that much time left on the clock, especially if G-Unit had all his timeouts. That's just my opinion, though.

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I wouldn't say it is unsportsmanlike. If you wanted to do it I don't think there would be anything wrong with it, it has happened in real life when Maurice Jones-Drew did it last year or the year before, and I think Brian Westbrook did it a couple years ago also.

In this particular situation I don't now if I would have done it, only because it would have possibly been a big risk. If he had no timeouts I would think about it but if he had all three I probably wouldn't have. Like Missourah said if it's under a minute ya I would probably do it. I guess it just depends on the situation really. But I don't think there is anything wrong with doing it.

6. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina beats Tennessee 48-6. Tennessee looked tough to start but a pick six and a big fumble turned the momentum in favor of the Gamecocks early, and they rode that to victory. The offense didn't have to do much as the defense and special teams got them great field position all game. The biggest play of the game other than the early pick six, was a Alshon Jeffery kick off return for a touchdown following Tennessee's only TD of the game.

7. Iron Mickey

Both good points.

Tuco asked me about it last night after the game if I would have had a problem with it. And I told him I wouldn't have considered it unsportsmanlike, just like Mizzourah and King said though, just risky.

B/C at that point in the game I would have turned on my aggressive gameplay and been goin for the strip/fumble in desperation to get the ball back. If he would have fumbled and I recovered...lol...then you're regretting ever making that decision to fall to the ground.

8. JFunk34

Yeah I would have to say in that situation you have to just take the TD and worry about defense afterward. Too risky.

9. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Take the TD, up 8 points with 2:00 to play, he has to score a touchdown and get the 2-point conversion in a game where he has only managed 16 points total. Barring a series of crazy events, hard to see you losing that game.

Don't take the TD, risk something crazy happening, ie fumble, scoop and score...missed field goal...blocked field goal, now there is an opportunity for you to lose the game.

The upside of chewing clock and forcing him to burn his remaining time outs for me would not be enough to risk losing the game. I wouldn't consider not scoring unsportsmanlike at all though. I think it's just a personal preference type decision.

10. Dean

Dean Walk On

Auburn comes away with a 31-14 victory over the #1 Georgia Bulldogs. QB Cam Newton was knocked out of the game on the 1st series, but the Tiger D stepped up and forced 5 turnovers. It was dead even in total yards 304 to 304, only difference was turnovers. Good Game Bama

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

And then there were 3. Bama, OU, and FSU...Can any of them run the table? All three have tough games before bowl season. Will we have an undefeated Champ in 2011? Things are getting very interesting.

12. Iron Mickey

Wow, Dean winning with defense....oh shit, that's a new one.

Cant believe the score to be honest. I am guessing the loss of Aaron Murray really jacked up bama

13. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma has the horses to run with Alabama

I dont know if FSU is talented enough on defense is my concern.

14. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

gray is trash, he cant make half the throws i could make with murray, figured out they play different early. luckly he will be back the week ok GA tech...so he will be back for sec champ game since you were the last sec game of the season. play like that you will beat bama.

15. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

i was so tempted to pull my red shirt on my freshman

16. Iron Mickey

Alabama will go back to #1 followed by Oklahoma at the #2 spot.

17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

It's not unsportsmanlike but like everyone has said you would be taking to many risk. I know G is playing like Ass this year but that could have changed in those 2mins. Take the TD depend on your D the worst that could happen is you go into OT

18. jca312

jca312 Walk On

FSU's grades are a bit deceiving. There is a lot of speed and the starters are all good. FSU is going to be a player in all of this. They don't have depth, but I think their #1's can give anyone in the country problems.

19. JFunk34

Good game Dean. The Iron Bowl should be fun. Although we have been in CofC together for so long I don't believe we have actually played each other yet. I am looking forward to it.

As for bama"i will never lose another SEC game"boiking...

[​IMG]

20. jca312

jca312 Walk On

:thumbsup: LOL

21. Iron Mickey

That burns....LMAO

But I still suck balls.....

22. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Hopefully i have more sucess against them then i did against da U. We are riding high after last weeks win. if i loss that will make me 0 wins against users this year

23. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

dont worry funk if you make it to the sec champ game murray will be there for you

24. JFunk34

And my secondary will be waiting with open arms. :bangnana:

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

#10Nebraska dominates #12Texas in Austin, 13-9