(Y3) Week 10 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

(Y3) Week 10 News/Updates

Post'em Here!!!

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Kentucky has a perfect start and jumps out on a sleeping Gamecocks squad 21-0, but then the Gamecocks woke up and decided to play outscoring Kentucky 56-3 the rest of the game. USC forced three turnovers, including a pick six by DE Devin Taylor and two INTs by Freshman Joseph Booker. Booker now has 7 INTs on the year, which isn't bad for a freshman that was forced into action. The Gamecocks offense was held to three and outs on the first three series, but then it exploded from there. Jeffery had 93 yards receiving, Lattimore ran for 120, and Clifford threw for 243.

3. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

The Sooners fall behind 13-0 due to a couple of Landry Jones turnovers but storm back to win 52-26 over A&M. Brennan Clay makes a statement for the Heisman with 303 rushing yards and four touchdowns.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yup, I think its time to up the CPU Run D sliders... this about the 3rd 300 yard rushing game I've seen by a back in the last two seasons.... I can understand 200 but 300 is a little unrealistic... good win tho Tuco, I'll see you soon

5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

FSU beats NC ST 35-21

6. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

One of those was me... and it was against a user. (y)

7. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Well yea i agree, but people are scared to touch the user side and i cant understand why, truthfully we wouldnt even need to go to heisman if we adjusted the user side it goes to default during user games so i dont see the problem but heisman is cool too the cpu will be smarter on offense and defense. the other 300 yard game was me on 9 carries.

8. Iron Mickey

Yeah I am going to have to agree with Jerz. 300 yards is overboard, I will bump the CPU run defense sliders up this next week. Might might do the User one also. Rushing is too easy for our league apparently. People are probably bouncing a lot outside the tackles.

9. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State takes out #25 Texas 42-25

Lost starting QB Clint Chelf midway thru the 1st qtr and back-up QB's Deaton & Peterson split time and lead the way.

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

The reason we kept the user sliders at default was because of Ryno. He suggested keeping them at default. I don't see a problem keeping the user slides where they are if people are breaking a lot of tackles then increase CPU tackling.

11. Iron Mickey

Yeah we could do that too.

If I was going to bump the User run defense it was going to be very minimal regardless. Talking maybe a 5 point bump or some shit.

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I guess I'd be ok with changing the sliders if everybody feels it's necessary, but recently I have really been struggling against the CPU, but I guess I am the only one.

13. Iron Mickey

were talking about just the run defense.

didnt you just rack up 55 points on the cpu?? lol

14. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Well yes I scored 56 but I had a pick six and kick of return for a td to help, and most of my damage was through the air. Really my struggles are on defense and I'm guess I'm just afraid that if we bump up the CPU sliders I won't be able to stop anybody or score lol. In 3 out of the last four game I started out down 21-0 and felt completely helpless. Like last game against Kentucky the HB had nearly 200 on about 18 carries at halftime and literally there was nothing I could do to stop him.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I know I bounce some runs to the outside but then again I just read the defense and attack a weak point. I don't think we should tweak just the run game by itself because its a HUGE part of my offense... I'm run heavy in both user and cpu games. I think we should tweak everything that needs be after the season. It wouldn't be fair to handicap my run game but all the pass happy offenses aren't tweaked.

Let's just finish this year please before we do anything major

16. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri bounces back after two tough losses 70-14 over Kansas State. Score seems a little lopsided, but I had 3 defensive TDs (2 pick sixes and an option taken for 6)and a late 63 yard run up the middle as I was running the clock out. I had to take it to the house because it was my freshman RB that I promised playing time. Threw the ball a hand full of times after half, most of which were play actions when they were stacking the box.

17. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I agree that we should wait until the offseason to make changes, but I don't neccesarrily think that just because you change one thing you need to change another. To me everything should be treated independently of each other and each part should be looked at individually.

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Passing is easy just as well. We would have to reevalutate the entire thing. Of course guys who throw it (not talking directly to you) won't be happy since they put it up 40 times a game but if you really look at something like passing numbers you can tell its too easy.

I just believe if we're gonna make one aspect "realistic" we should strive to make everything the same way. Right now we're all putting up Hall of Fame numbers with anybody. I just want it to be a challenge, I really "sleep" through my computer games. Watching all the user teams in the Top 25 or knowing you only have to win 3-4 games a year and your probably staring at a national/conference championship is kind of boring. I want my computer games to give me just as much of a challenge as a user would in a realistic manner.

19. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

The running backs I have had at Oklahoma have been very good and this was the first time one has gone over 300. Included in that total was an 85 yard run and another for about 50. I think I have had probably five games in which someone went over 200. This back (Clay) is faster than the other two.

Not saying we should adjust sliders one way or not, just putting this forth for consideration.

20. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

I'd be down for changing the sliders after this year. I haven't had an insane amount of success running the ball, but my RBs have also never been rated above an 80. I have noticed defense is pretty easy against the computer though. Perhaps increase the CPU Qbs accuracy and the RBs skill level. Something along those lines to get the CPU to keep up a little more.

21. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I agree with you that we would look at everything, it just sounded before like you were suggesting that if we change rushing sliders then we have to change passing sliders to be fair to people that run the ball. Me personally find it easier to and have more success throwing the ball. Other guys have more success and find it easier to run the ball. I think some times this can be attributed to your playbook and your players. My team for instance has really good recievers and my offensive line sucks and gets blown back and beat on many running plays so with that you would think it should be easier to throw the ball. So sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between good players and plays and what is being affected by the sliders.

I also think that there should be a good challenge from the CPU. But I do think there is a fine line between a fair and realistic challenge from the CPU and a challenge from the CPU that feels like they cheated and produced realistic stats.

22. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

just do minimal changes now and go to heisman after this season, im afirm believer that if you touch the cpu side you have to adjust the human side, the cpu dosent have a brain like us and to compensate they have to go beast mode sometimes to give us a challenge.

23. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

North Carolina defeats Wake Forest in a rivalry match-up, 34-3.

24. Iron Mickey

we will do minimal changes....nothing drastic. while some have dominated the hell out of the cpu...no one has dominated user games really and everyone has gone down a few times. We have had two different national champions and it looks like a 3rd will have the opportunity.

But we need to maintain that the CPU games stay somewhat competitive, obviously Baylor shouldn't be a tough game for OU (for example)....but Texas should be a much better opponent.

We will have a league skype meeting going in to this off-season anyways and we will discuss changing to Heisman and sliders. We will stay the course with sliders for the 2012 season.

25. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami bounces back from their disaster against North Carolina last week and beats rival Virginia Tech 35-21. Lamar Miller was lost for 6 weeks which ends his season, but Mike James stepped up eclipsing the century mark on the ground to lead the 'Canes to victory.