(Y3) Week 12 Matchups

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

(Y3) Week 12 Matchups

Here are the games for week 12, nothing very exciting on the user front. 4 of us have byes.

#1 LSU vs. Ole Miss
    Vanderbilt vs. Wake Forest
    #6 Notre Dame vs. Michigan State
    #23 Tennessee vs. Auburn
    #2 Penn State vs. Indiana
    #3 Ohio State vs. Illinois
    #14 Alabama vs. Kentucky
    Wisconsin vs. #10 Michigan

I find it kinda weird that of the 8 users that have a game, I am the only one with a home game. Weird

Game of the week is an all CPU Battle with title implications.

Baylor vs. #5 Texas A&M

Let's have these in sometime Saturday afternoon if not earlier. Saturday evening should be the latest we have to wait since all games are CPU and there's only 8 to be played.

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'm organizing a million man march and then running coast to coast so i should have this game done by saturday night at 11:59:59pm ;)

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'll try to get it in since i am gone if not just sim me. Will try to use my brothers ps3 tonight if i can

4. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

hey dudes im up in Illinois so i wont be back until late saturday.. ill try to get it in.. depends on the the 800 trek treats me.

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Let me know when you get your game in, your the last one this week.

6. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

We will wait for T2 to get his game in. T2 get it in as soon as you can tho. If it isn't in by noon eastern Sunday we are moving on. End of story.

7. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Ignore the last post, T2 has until 10 pm eastern tonight to get it in. That is a 48 hour window to have played his game. If it isn't done by then we are advancing, plain n simple. We have all agreed on a 48 hour period to get games against the CPU in. We are not rushing you T2, we are just simply keeping the pace of this OD.

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I think in this case we should wait.

I think everybody has it twisted what my point was.
    The last im going to post on this topic.

Two weeks ago dudes wanted to advance before 48 hours. As a result guys got booted. I said then we may have jumped the gun.
    We know they weren't active but we all know they would still be here if they had done their tasks in a quick fashion and would have been warned first before getting the boot.

48 hours is a standard advance cycle. Over 80% of all dynasties advance at around 48 hours. Its not unreasonable or some shit that was pulled out of a hat. That does not mean that u can't extend that. Thats why there is a vacation lists and a game schedule topic.
    In this case its a big game and he posted in a timely fashion he needed until Sun morning.

What everybody is over reacting too is T2 claims he will get his game in prior to 48 hours over 90% of the time. However his posts and reaction makes it seem like he wants 72 hour cpu games more often. That's why there is a big deal on this. About 9 or 10 of the users are ready in 24 hours and want all cpu games in before 48 hours.

The thing is, the advancing no longer than 48 hours, 1 or 2 guys see it as rushing them, but 9 or 10 guys see it as holding them up. From a team concept and a group decision, the 9 or 10 guys should have the position of majority rules. With of the 9 or 10 guys that advance quick its more time management within their own lives, not them having too much time because they don't have "real jobs".

If we advance on Wed at 8pm. Most guys have no problem getting that game in within 48 hours even if its before the go to bed Wed, Get up 45 minutes early to get the game in Thur morning, squeeze it in at lunch if possible thurs, or stay up 1 hour later, even if its 1 am on thurs, or again get up an hour early on Friday if you have to to keep the commitment to the other members and understand their desire to keep it movin.

Nobody has said you play your game in 48 hours or get out and everyone wants T2 to stay. But at the same time what he or anybody does outside the dynasty has absolutely zero to do with the rules or schedule.

If you were a manager and you let a guy come in late because he worked another job or had 4 kids but other guys had to be on time because they didn't have another job or any kids, you will have labor law violations and get sued pretty quick.

But again in this case we should not advance until sun afternoon. Now if every other week, 48 hours is not enough , then as was said before that person has too much on his plate to keep his commitment and be fair to the others who want to progress faster.

Hood i would close this and all other topics about this and kill the issue. I know i said mine and im done with it.

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

he left so it's not an issue anymore. I dont see the need for any long threads or posts about the issue. It should be dead and imo the advance should just be 48 hours across the board. It's not hard at ALL.

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

What does that mean, he left? Did he retire?
    If he retired remove him or put him on auto. if he didn't he just got fucked and i feel his beef.

This is why i posted about the issue in the first place. 48 hours would be tonight at 10pm and at that time on Sat night, waiting until sun morning is not that big a deal. We dont know he is not trying to get done early, so he can get back and play in time. Only to see he got fucked.

But i see we advanced already, his game got simmed, as did some guys recruiting, and he took a loss, probably lost some recruits and maybe some injuries.
    Don't see the point.
    If we say its 48 hours it should be no earlier than 48 hours unless everyone is done. And no longer than 48 with cause or reason. WE know guys want to get to a bowl game and win, but half the fun is the road to the end of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.