(Y3) Week 13 Matchups

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

(Y3) Week 13 Matchups

This is what's on tap for week 13. Only 1 user vs. user game and that is the biggest rivalry in all of college football.

#25 Arkansas vs. #1 LSU
    Virginia vs. #4 Miami
    Indiana vs. #6 Notre Dame
    #17 Georgia vs. #7 Georgia Tech
    NC State vs. North Texas
    #13 Florida State vs. #16 Florida
    Texas Tech vs. #22 Tennessee
    Michigan State vs. #2 Penn State
    #10 Michigan(hoodlum10) vs. #3 Ohio State(JFunk34)
    Vanderbilt vs. #14 Alabama

Let's have all these done by the end of the weekend.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

JFunk I will text you about getting our game in. Should be a great one with a lot on the line. Ohio State needs the win to keep its title hopes alive, whereas a Wolverine win will keep their BCS at large bid hopes alive and they would leap frog OSU in the Big Ten standings. Although it really wouldn't matter if we were both 0-11 coming into this one, its Michigan-Ohio State, it is 1 huge ass game no matter what.

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

T2 quit. It was of his own accord. He thought the 48 hour advancement which all of us are in favor of is bull shit and he had been planning to leave this OD since mid season when he first told me about this. He PM'd me 2 very cute messages which illustrated his thoughts. He is gone, this is overwith. No more bitching n whining about this topic of advancement or there will be repurcussions, I'm sick n tired of hearing this shit.

4. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Go Michigan! I need you to win to get the BCS bowl berth!

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

well it wouldn't be us if someone wasn't bitching. i just took over a program in desperate need of an overhaul. when i autosimmed my week 11 game that i already played we passed by week 12 without a full 48 hours. I NEED THE OPPORTUNITY TO RECRUIT! im fine with whatever deadlines we set, but if its 48 hours then let it be 48. i am positive is was NOT 48 hours since i simmed my game. whats done is done, but id like to have a chance to fix this program at least.

6. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Hoodlum I talked to you already but just so everyone else is tracking, we can play any time tomorrow since you're busy tonight.

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'm putting t2 on auto now

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

As I started my game, It froze once i selected done on the playbook screen.
    I waited 5 minutes and then quit the game disc and tried again.
    It loaded and i played the game.

The thing that shows the game never loaded, is Vandy is not showing a restart because the game never loaded or started.
    I am showing a restart however and i wanted to post to explain.

9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Got my game in. Done

10. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

I don't know, it seems there's verifiable proof on this one that it wasn't to restart due to losing/injury. I think it's fine to keep the score, but I can understand why people would just want to sim. I won't argue if hood decides to sim, but I think Smace's game should stand as is.

11. Iron Mickey

Just trying to keep it simple and the way other TF leagues work. You never want favoritism to seep in. Then you get the whole, "well he got to keep a restarted game" on down the line.

Doesnt really matter to me though.

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

smace has always been a stand-up member. we've all had ps3 issues and smace wouldn't cheat. i say let it stand.

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i have bad news, i played my game last night I won 31-24. But when i logged in today to see if we advanced i noticed my score wasnt there. I was intoxicated last night so its possible i turned my PS3 off before it was uploaded to server. Not really sure why it didnt upload. Rules state it gets simmed but are u allowing guys to play these games? Let me know

14. Iron Mickey

See my point.....lol

All retarts must be simmed......to be fair and leave no questions or favoritisms.

15. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Ya your right just sim my game it was probably my fault anyways.

16. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

yo trude what's the word my good man

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

While I agree that we must be fair and leave no questions.
    In my case its clear from the dynasty screen that Vanderbilt did not restart a game.
    The point of the rule is to get it right and avoid cheating. Once the game is started its impossible to tell what happened once its reported as a restart from both sides. If my game had been two seconds after the kick and it froze and Vandy showed a restart then yes that is a sim reason. Im the home team and the higher rated team so a loss is not as much a concern as an injury in a sim.

As a point also most guys who are trying to cheat a loss or an injury dont restart anymore. Every dynasty has rules. What guys do now is quit the game and make an excuse not to play it so it never shows up as a restart.

This way they avoid the loss, dont get accused of a restart, guys feel bad for them if they do get a sim loss, and they get another chance to win the game or avoid injury. This happens especially in dynasties with hard sliders or guys who are trying to win the BCS title.

One of those i was there stories, but i was in a dynasty with no forum. A few dudes would have like 2 sim games a season saying they could not play, and during the second season it didn't add up. they would recruit, log in and dudes seen them in the dynasty, yet they would not play their game.

So a rule kicked in.
    You had to announce you might need to be simmed before the week or before you logged in by psn msg and you could not recruit manually for the week unless you said you were simming the game before the week. That way people beleived you because you were gonna sim it anyway.

Before you could be simmed if you had a freeze or an issue during the game you had to beat the cpu in the 2nd start. If you lost, you lost.

You only got one restart since most freezes are isolated one time things. A network drop does not make you have to restart unless your internet is out completely.
    If you won then you still got simmed and still might lose. Sure enough they started taking loss and eventually retired complaining about sliders.

Point is with a straight sim rule its just as easy if not easier, to cheat and quit your game and chance a sim win vs looking bad. And i wont lie, i thought some guys were doing this in this dynasty, to include that West Virginia dude but i stayed quiet.

And what ever happens it happens but lets do whats right.
    If you side with what i said you should do it because its right and not because it might help you get to a nicer bowl or a BCS game. For those that didn't know this game
    Alabama vs Vandy actually is one of the biggest games as far as the BCS picture. A sim loss by Bama and LSU walks into the title game without an issue. If Bama wins the sim or we keep the results, a repeat of season one could occur. With LSU playing a BCS playoff for the title game, and Bama ready to play spoiler.

18. Iron Mickey

I believe your story of what happened.

But I dont believe anyone is trying to get into a better bowl game to be honest.

19. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Looks like we are ready to advance then. I'll wait another hour in case someone says something otherwise.

20. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Otherwise.

21. Iron Mickey

Awesome. Week 14!!

22. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.