(Y3) Week 4 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Good luck guys

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Arkansas State wraps up their out of conference schedule with a 24-21 victory over Northwestern. The Red Wolves will have a bye in week 5 and then will begin Sun Belt Conference play.

3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

-Bye Week-

4. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Is Southern Miss the best football team in the state of Mississippi??? 1.JPG

2.JPG

Starting QB Davis went down early in the game and left with a mild concussion, a reminder to the coaching staff that he is a QB not a RB. More then capable back up, Chris Campbell, came in and controlled the game well. Kendrick Hardy took over the game with Davis out and showed why he is one of the best in the nation. Southern Miss has now beat both Mississippi power houses, Miss State and Ole Miss and well surely jump into the Top 25 next week. The Golden Eagles are making a strong case for the best football team in the state of Mississippi.

5. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

[​IMG]

Tough loss, would had been a W if I could have control the offense, damn CPU fumbled the ball while running out the clock up 18-17, then Colorado would hit a 50 yard field goal to take the lead, while my offense would miss from 42 shortly after.

6. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Trojans Escape Corvallis with an Overtime Win

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coming off a bye week and a looming date with #1 ranked Auburn next week, the Trojans traveled to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers. Any evidence of looking ahead did not seem to be present as Troy and Oregon State traded score throughout the first half with the Trojans gaining the advantage and headed to the locker room at the half with a 28-14 lead. Troy struggled to move the ball in the 3rd quarter but was able to maintain their 14 point lead deep into the 4th qtr. But with about 3 minute left in the game the Troy defenders must have decided the game was over as they stopped covering the Beaver receivers and allowed Oregon State to pull within 7. Facing a 4th and inches from the Trojan 45 the Troy coaches decided to put the game in the hands of their defense as they punted the ball back to the Beavers. After forcing the Beavers into a 4th and 13 situation the game almost imploded for Troy. After completing a pass for a 1st down that appeared to be out of bounds the Troy coaching staff elected to challenge the call. After seeing the replay to their surprise the booth did not overturn the call even though the receiver was clearly out of bounds. The Beavers took advantage of their new life and scored to tie the game and send it to overtime. In overtime the Beavers scored first only to see the Trojans respond to pull within a point. After conferring the Troy staff elected to go for the win knowing they could call time out if the match-up was not right. The Trojans got the defense they were looking for and Hendrickson swept around right end for the game winning 2 point conversion.

Now the Trojans can turn their attention to a home date with the #1 ranked Auburn Tigers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

In a defensive battle Fresno pulls out a win over Joe and CMU 24-10
    ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 30 10.56.gif
    Most points where scored on Turnovers that lead to good field Position. My 1st play I fumbled and Joe ran it to the 5 or so and my D held and he had to settle for 3. The breaker was a fumble Joe had down close that allowed me to score easily. My D forced 3 Fumbles and 2 Ints. Its hard to win turning the ball over 5x. As you can see niether team did alot on offence. GG joe and Good Luck the reast of the year.

8. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

In a game where nothing went their way, the Monroe Warhawks were downed by the UCF Knights by a score of 51-21. A total of 8 holding calls on the Warhawks, many of them coming on crucial plays left Coach E and his offense wondering what they needed to do to get a call. Louisiana Monroe controlled the time of possession, but would get their only points in the 4th quarter when QB Kolton Browning took over. A bye week in Week 5 for Monroe will leave them prepping for the Sun Belt Conference play