Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jca312, Oct 22, 2010.
Post your results here
Sugar Bowl Champs!Canes fans say goodbye to Lamar Miller and hello to Storm Johnson
Miami closes out 2013 with a 41-0 Sugar Bowl victory. The 'Canes finish the year 11-2 and look to finish up #2 in the polls. Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson paced Miami, both going over 100 yards on the ground and accounting for 3 touchdowns. Blake Booker passed for 173 yards and 2 touchdowns. Miami heads into the offseason full speed ahead and will look to challenge for ACC and National Championships next year.
King returns the favor earlier in the year and beats me when it counts. A field goal as time expired put USC over Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl 38-35. King played some awesome D and mistake free football, which can't be said for Mizzou and coach Mizzourah. Once again I tried to force too much and King made me pay with 4 INTs. As always awesome game King, I look for you and all your young talent to contend for a national title in the next couple of years.
I just looked and I had 8 incompletions, 4 of which were INTs, haha. Half of my incompletions were completions to the other team!
South Carolina and Missouri play a classic in the Cotton Bowl in a matchup that featured the two highest scoring offenses in the NCAA and didn't disappoint. USC gets some revenge from earlier in the year as they win 38-35 on a last second field goal by Lou Groza Award Winner John Holt. Missouri passes all over South Carolina but four INTs by the Gamecocks secondary help keep the Tigers down just enough. Lattimore has the two plays of the game taking a 86 yard screen pass in for six and returning a kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown. That was a fantastic game Mizzourah, I am glad I finally was able to pay you back for the last two losses lol, you are building a great program in out in the "other Columbia", keep up the good work.
I don't think we will have a game of the year this year. We had alot of games that went down to the last drive or a last second FG. Great Coaches leading the teams here and should only get better as players we have brought in start to see the field more.
Nice win King.
sounds like a great game guys
@JCA any guy with a name Storm is bound to be great
The Auburn Tigers lose to USC 42-40(25-23) following the completion of four over-times.
This game was whacky ... and one of my least enjoyable games ever.
It just seemed like one of those contests that NO matter what, the CPU wasn't going to let me win this one.
- Maxwell award winner Michael Dyer was knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter. Since I've been coach here, he's yet to finish a game.
- Because my FG kicker (a walk-on?) cannot hit a FG outside the 20, I was forced to go for it 3-4 times on 4th down inside the 30. (I also missed a 32 yarder despite hitting it dead-red). I was mostly unsuccessful at converting these, which changed the entire landscape of the game. I hated playing this way, as it's not my style whatsoever. (Thank freakin' God I have a transfer kicker waiting in the wings!) Giving my opponent the ball on the 35-40 yard line after every kick-off sucked, too.
- There were three "you got to be fucking kidding me" completions made by USC. The craziest was in the 1st OT, when I had USC at 4th and 19 and out of field goal range. The result? TD pass over the top of two defenders (see highlight).
- Another (but less crazy) came on the winning 2-point conversion (see highlight). I was right on top of the TE (who just stood in the middle), but he caught it anyway.
- The USC LB were on trampolines in this game. Forget about corner posts or ins. Don't even think about touch passes. Most of my pass offense came from PA to my TE ... and then later in over-time (which brings me to my last point).
- With a shitty kicker, plus having to score a TD on a couple of OT possessions, I was very disappointed when USC all-out blitzed on 4th and long. I included one instance of this in my highlights, which is a TD to my TE. I completed several key passes in this fashion during OT, rackin' up the passing yards. In hindsight, I wish I would have just thrown the ball out of bounds and taken the loss. Ruined the fun a bit for me, and makes me glad that I didn't win.
On a positive note, one of my highlights shows me (as the FS), covering a receiver deep manually from start to finish and coming away with the interception. Being that I've been working so hard on this skill, it felt pretty good.
USC gave me the same type of game in week 7. It seemed like I was going to lose the whole game but was able to force a turnover or 2 late and in the game to win by a fg.
FSU takes care of Troy 37-7, The Noles ground game stepped up big time with 399 yds rushing led by Paul Pendletons 248 and 2 TD's.
UNC defeats Oklahoma State 35-28
Good game RTP
UNC beats Ok State 35-28. Always fun to beat G-Unit
Key Stat of the game:
Heisman winner Casey Hill....0 catches.
Great game G-Unit
Congrats on the win, RTP. I'm not near the computer ... how'd your running game work out in this one?
Maryland comes back to win a WILD Chick fil A Bowl. They walked into this game with a major ACC Championship game hang over falling behind big early 26-7 on the first drive of the 2nd Qtr. By Half time the score was 36-21 Miss State. Maryland finally got over the turnover bug in the second half as they started to work their way back into the game behind the arm of Sr QB Dan Obrien scoring 25unanswered in the 3rd Qtr to take their first lead of the half as the defense stepped up and caused turnovers and sacks of their own. Maryland scores once in the 4th while Miss State scores twice. Final Score Miss State 50 Terps 53.
Nebraska loses 42-40 to Cal
-Nebraska 5 turnovers in the fourth quarter, three of them fumbles inside the 5 yard line. Nebraska had 7 turnovers in the game 6 of them magically coming once the Huskers crossed inside Cal territory.
I went for over 100 yards. G-Unit played very good defense. There were just a couple of times that I was able to find/make a whole. Overall, I think I had about 288 yrds and he had 250 or so.
Tough to see my QB for the last few years go. Bryn Renner was a solid QB for me and probably the reason my record was as good as it was over the last 3 years.
Oklahoma wins the Fiesta bowl 38-14 over TCU
My game didn't upload or something... I lost 42-40?
Separate names with a comma.