(Y4) 2013 Week 9 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

(Y4) 2013 Week 9 News/Updates

Post your scores here!

2. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri handles Kansas in Lawrence 73-31. Didn't even really sling the rock, the Kansas defense let me run all over them 3 rushes of over 50 yards for TDs and even the third string back found the endzone. I am still worried about my defense though. Allowing 31 points to a poor offensive team is not a good sign. My line and my backers really need to step it up and get pressure on the qb, 345 passing yards is not a good game defensively.

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina scores 42 in the first half on their way to a 56-20 victory over winless Vanderbilt. Lattimore is finally starting to show why he was a preseason All-American and Heisman front runner, as he goes off for 100 yards on only 12 carries. The Gamecocks second string plays the entire second half and gains some valuable experience and playing time. Next week USC heads out to Colorado Springs, Colorado to take on the Air Force Academy.

4. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

hey i may be a South Carolina hater but i despise Air Force, go pound them:) then get pounded the rest of the season how that sound?

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Lol, Air Force will be taken care of, don't worry about that. Trust me our feeling is mutual. As for the other the rest of my games, I'm not so sure about losing those, especially week 12.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami's win over UNC a couple of years ago is looking like a fluke as the 'Canes fall to the Heels in Chapel Hill 42-30. Great game RTP, go get ANOTHER title for the ACC!

7. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State prevents the big play versus Texas and wins 35-12

Back up QB Deaton threw for 5 TD's & 0 INT's. Made some real nice passes in tight coverage on the best secondary I have seen all year so far,

Damn JCA....you punched RTP in the mouth in the 2nd QTR with 24 points!! What happened??

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Surprisingly a really high scoring game. Congrats on the big win RTP. Sounds like a good game guys, looks like Miami had the momentum early on but UNC fought back.

9. jca312

jca312 Walk On

24 points were a bit deceiving, last TD was a 96-yard pick 6 on the last play of the half to put me up by 10. Kicked off to him to start the 3rd quarter, couldn't get a stop. He stopped us and scored again. Up 10 going into the 3rd, down 4 coming out. Threw a pick in the end zone in the 4th, that was all she wrote. It was a fun game. I need corners badly and I'll be happy to see Renner graduate. He came up 1 yard short of 400 against me, to go along with 4 TDs. We're getting closer though. At least it was a game this year, last year he kicked my ass.

Nice win btw.

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Aint gone be to much more bad talking about my branch of service King and Texas. Even though i don't follow their sports. i hope they get the win

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Nothing against the Air Force trust me I spent 16 years of my life living at the Air Force Academy and grew up loving the Air Force. It's more of just ill feelings towards their football program and athletic department.

12. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

This was one heck of a game. UNC got the lead to open the game, then Miami tied it up. UNC got another lead, then Miami tied it up again. Miami stopped UNC, then Miami drove to kick a FG with under a minute left. UNC then decides to drive the field in a quick manor, only to throw a pick near the goaline that get housed by Miami. I should have just settled for the FG. Miami takes a 24-14 lead into the half. UNC receives the kickoff to open the 2nd half, putting together a nice drive to draw within 3. UNC stops Miami and then scores another TD to go up 35-24. Miami scores and then fails the 2 pt conversion try. UNC 35-30. UNC drives down the field, burning clock, and then on 3rd and 10 or so, finds an open receiver of at TD late in the game. UNC 42-30. Miami tunrs the ball over on downs. UNC kneels out the final 20 or so seconds.

I am telling you, I thought I was done after that pick 6. Somehow or another, I was able to get back in it and take the lead and hold onto it. That opening drive of the 2nd half was big for us after the pick 6 to end the 1st half.

Great Game as always JCA. It should continue to get more and more interesting as we bring in the type of players we are both looking for. Can't wait for next years game at your place.

13. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Me too man. It's always fun playing you and I've only beat you once, lol. You are doing a great job with the guys you've brought in and I think it's gonna be really interesting in the years to come. Great game and good luck to you.

14. Iron Mickey

Your father was the longtime offensive coordinator back with Coach Fisher DeBerry right?

15. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya he was an assistant for 17 years, 8 of which he was the OC.

16. jca312

jca312 Walk On

That's cool. Were you around the program a lot growing up?

17. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya I practically lived up at the facility. Since we lived on base it was only a couple minutes away so I was there all the time. Coach DeBerry was very family oriented too so he was cool with me pretty much hanging out whenever. I have so many memories of that place, but I wish it would have ended differently. It is really unfortunate how it all came down the last few years.

18. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Really cool that you got to experience that though. It sucks that things very rarely end the way we would want them too, but hopefully the good memories outweigh that.

19. Iron Mickey

So your father is a triple option guru....correct?

Was he the offensive coordinator for Air Force when the Falcons played the Sooners and it was a HUGE game....it was back when Roy Williams was with OU and just lighting players up all year. I think Roy had a huge game helping defend the edges versus Air Force.

Anyways I ask b/c I was rooting Air Force on cause they were like a top 5 team in the polls at that point and were undefeated. I know they ended up losing to OU though.

20. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i know bro just messing with you

21. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Yeah the good memories outweigh the bad by a lot, I wouldn't trade my time as a kid there for anything.

Yeah he pretty much knows everything there is to know about the triple option lol. He basically lived, breathed, and ate triple option football for 20+ years. And he is the reason I like the triple option of course.

I remember the year we played OU with Roy and they beat us pretty bad. We were starting a young QB, and they were coming off their National Title against FSU, and it was our first game of the year and their second so we didn't really have a chance. I don't think we were ranked in that game, but the next year we played Notre Dame at home and we were both undefeated and ranked in the top 10, and it was on Gameday, but we lost in a great game 21-14 or something like that.

Lol ok. I was just making sure you knew I wasn't hating on the Air Force.

22. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma defeats the Cornhuskers 42-24 in Lincoln. Running game was really clicking for the Sooners, who built an early lead that forced the Huskers to play catch-up. Didn't help that they lost Taylor Martinez for a spell due to injury.

gg jerzey

23. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

damn. Big game for you and G-Unit next week. I guess it would have decided the South regardless. I have a feeling college gameday will be in Norman next week!

24. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I remember that game- it was in 2002 and both teams were undefeated. It was Ty Willingham's first year and ND started 8-0 after winning in Tallahasee the following week. You are correct on the score- the Irish defense was very good that year and did a great job on the Air Force offense. Bob Davie had decent defenses and that carried over to Ty. ND was exposed by Southern Cal and Carson Palmer later in the year in what would be a sign of things to come during the Willingham era.

25. Iron Mickey

Daaaammmnnnnn

OU is beasting this year. Losing Martinez I bet does hurt. Good win for OU