(Y4) MidSeason Report Card

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 9, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

(Y4) MidSeason Report Card

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Team User Record(Rank) Key Wins Key Losses Key Games Remaining Thoughts
    [​IMG] runthepound 5-0,3-0(#1) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The TarHeels have jumped off to a great start as predicted. A big 24-17 win over Alabama to open the season has brought renewed confidence on Chapel Hill. QB B.Renner has played like a Heisman canidate (66/94 1200yds 10TD 2INT) and the Heels defense has been dominant. UNC has only given up 55 points on the season including one shutout. Despite only being the tested twice in the early going (Bama and OSU) the Heels looked poised to run the table and return to the national spotlight come January.
    [​IMG] DrunkenSoldier 5-1,3-1(#16) [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] With Coach Drunken at the head of the program the Seminoles were on a crash course to make the title game. That course was severly derailed following a 42-35 overtime loss to #20Virginia Tech. Despite beating Georgia and South Carolina the conference loss may hurt the Noles the most. A.Lacey has struggled under center throwing 7 picks in the early going and the Noles highest output in points was a 37 point performance against lowly Boston College. The second half of the season is a little easier for Florida State but they will face two top ten in-state rivals in Miami and Florida before its all said and done. They avoid playing the top ranked Tar Heels but unless they get their act together they may be on the outside looking in come ACC championship time.
    [​IMG] GSUTiger 3-3,3-1(UNR) None [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] The thoughts of the Terps finally turning the corner have came screeching to a halt. Embarassing performances versus top ten talent have replaced Maryland into the land of mediocracy. The Terps have put it together versus the teams they should beat but those wins haven't looked stellar either. Coach GSU has his work cut out for him and if he doesn't find a spark on offense the Terps may be home for the holidays without a bowl game story to talk about.
    [​IMG] JCA 5-1,3-0(#9) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The Canes have put an early season loss to in-state Florida behind them as they have reeled off 5 straight wins. A 7 point victory over TCU proved the 'Canes have the talent to compete with the best teams in the country. Miami has had an easy schedule since those two tough opening weeks and looks like they can make a serious run at the the ACC title or even the national title if things fall their way. With games at Florida State, North Carolina, and Oklahoma the road will be tough but their future is in their hands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] mizzourah 3-2,1-1(#22) [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] The Tigers are barely surviving their first half schedule. With a loss at home to Georgia and a loss on the road to Oklahoma State the Tigers only championship hope is if they can pull out a win versus #3 Nebraska at home. J.Franklin has put up great numbers (82/137 1510yds 12TD) but has been biten by the turnover bug on more than one occassion. Franklin has thrown 9 picks so far this season and with no running game to fall back on, its his way or no way at the moment. On paper the Tigers don't look to strong but the most points allowed came during an opening day loss to Georgia(47-44). Since that loss the most Mizzou has given up is 25 points to #23 Texas. With only Nebraska in their way their defense will only have to make one more stand for a shot at the Big 12 crown.
    [​IMG] JerzeyReign 5-0,2-0(#3) [​IMG][​IMG] - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The defending Big 12 champs had two ranked opponents (Michigan and Virginia Tech) to open the season but handled their business beautifully as they came out on top in both. Over the past couple of weeks the Huskers have flaunted their new balanced attack as they have put up a total of 106 points. The offense will need that type of production if they want a shot of defending their Big 12 crown as they travel to Mizzou on October 12th for what will probably decide the North division once again. They get Oklahoma the following week and Bama right before their annual rivalry game with Colorado. The ball is in Nebraska's court and only they can decide where they play during bowl season.
    [​IMG] tuco 4-1,2-0(#6) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The Sooners, still humming off of last year's victory over defending Big 12 Champ Nebraska, have rebounded nicely after a 21-14 loss to Auburn to open the season. The Sooners have reeled off 4 straight wins since then but only one would garner any style points, a 49-21 win over Kansas State. With four ranked teams left on their schedule (@#3Nebraska,#5Oklahoma State,#14TAMU,#9Miami) the Sooners still control their own destiny for now but with a terrible passing game (D.Allen: 56/89 632yds 2TD 7INT) that may be a tall order for these Boomer Sooners. Their October 26th matchup with Ok St may possibly decide the fate of the Big 12 South if they make it their unscathed by another Big 12 South opponent.
    [​IMG] G-Unit 6-0,3-0(#5) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The Okie State Cowboys are out for blood. Trying to prove last year's run to the Big 12 championship game was no fluke they have come out with their guns blazing. Colorado's 7 point loss was the closest anyone has come to defeating the Cowboys as they look in complete control of the Big 12 at the moment. With Oklahoma looking for a return to the top of the South division, Oklahoma State will need QB B.Johnston Jr(82/154 1378yds 11TD 5INT) to keep flinging the ball at his current pace. A slipup in that department could prove to be fatal for them as running the ball isn't even in the gameplan for them. Look for that in-state rivalry game versus Oklahoma as the Cowboys' calling card, get by them and they may start thinking about a BCS title down there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] JFunk 5-1,3-0(#4) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] With coach JFunk on a leave of absence(How to Masterbate Like a Champ Convention in Arlington,TX) interim coach sabo911 has filled in beautifully. Despite an opening day loss to #1UNC the Tide remain in the top five and have rattled off 5 straight wins, including a 49-7 blowout of Georgia. The Tide will get tested 3 more times this season which includes back to back games versus current top five opponents, #3Nebraska and #2Auburn(Iron Bowl). With the offense clicking (at least 32 points during 5 game win streak) the Tide look to control the SEC and hopefully jump back into the national title picture.
    [​IMG] Dean 5-0,2-0(#2) [​IMG][​IMG] - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The Tigers look to put any doubters in their place as they have started the season right where they left off last year, ON FIRE! The Tigers had a tough opening day win versus #6Oklahoma and looked poised to run through the SEC untouched. Led by HB M.Dyer(76att 707yds 9TD) the Tigers have a serious shot at being the National Title holder when the smoke clears. Late season matchups versus #1UNC and #4Alabama will test the Tigers' manhood and see if their ready to raise the coveted trophy.
    [​IMG] TexasFight 6-0,3-0(#10) [​IMG][​IMG] - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] A change at the top looked to be the final straw in the rapid fall of the Gators but rookie head coach TexasFight has the Gators rolling. A huge opening day win over #9 Miami proved that the Gators are back. With "easy" games versus a bunch of middle of the pack teams the gators looked poised to regain the throne of the SEC east. The only challenge they will face from out West is #25LSU. If they get by Georgia and South Carolina the Gators may get their chance to prove they belong back in the discussion when mentioning the SEC Elite.
    [​IMG] King Ceps 2-3,2-1(#24) - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] A very disappointing start for the Gamecocks had them at 0-3 to start the year. Losses to out of conference opponents #16Florida State and #22 Mizzou hurt their national exposure hopes and a in conference loss to #17Georgia loss any in conference "big man on campus" label. Somehow the Gamecocks are ranked 24th in the country and if his brother (new coach @ Florida) is able to defeat Georgia and he shocks the Gators in South Carolina, well looky here the Gamecocks may play in their second straight SEC CCG.

Grade Explanation
    O Outstanding. Coach has achieved all goals thus far with exceptional quality.
    S Satisfactory. Coach has done well but and is a loss or two away from disqualifying himself from any championship hopes.
    NI Needs Improvement. Coach is playing .500 ball right now. Has eliminated himself from any National Title hopes and is hanging by a thread for a conference championship.
    U Unsatisfactory. Coach is not playing to standards and should be taken out back and beaten to death with a feather pillow

School Grade
    [​IMG] O
    [​IMG] O
    [​IMG] S
    [​IMG] NI
    [​IMG] S
    [​IMG] O
    [​IMG] S
    [​IMG] NI
    [​IMG] O
    [​IMG] S
    [​IMG] O
    [​IMG] U

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

nice set-up so far Jerz. I am looking forward to it myself.

I plan on doing power rankings too tomm

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Updated. Enjoy.

4. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I see the grade scale at the bottom, but I don't see any grades in the grades and thoughts box.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah I forgot to take the grade portion out of the thoughts box... will fix now

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job Jerzey. Looks awesome! (y)

7. Iron Mickey

awesome job Jerz. best write-up so far...in all of TF!!

8. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Good work Jerzey!

9. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

haha USC got a u :)

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

This is right on Jerz great work

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

This is awesome Jerz

Yepp, that is how the first three games went, but after week twelve when we clinch the SEC East I think we will move up

12. Iron Mickey

The USC/FLA game is going to be epic

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

nice work Jerzey, that loss to the cpu could really end up hurting me

14. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Yes it is. I am definitely looking forward to that one

15. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

i will spank you

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Who normally wins out of you two? Outside looking in, it seems as though y'all are pretty even...

17. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

We don't play each other a whole lot. I think we have played each other twice in 11. We split those two but over the years I would say I have won more than he has but it's usually pretty close.

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oh alright... game may end up lopsided then.... I know me and my boy used to play each other alot in Madden, almost everyday at lunch, and our games would be literally 3-0,7-0,7-6 games because we knew each other so well but you guys don't so that'll make it interesting... then the right to go to the SEC championship game is on the line too?... y'all need to find a way to record audio from y'all game because I know the ish talking will be relentless(y)

19. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya I'm interested to see how it turns out because we haven't played in a while. If I had a way to record it that would be sweet. It gets pretty bad sometimes, I remember games where stuff gets throw and one of us is usually pretty upset, we are both really competitive and like to rub it in if we win lol.

20. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

i cant even begi to count all of the things have been broken in all our fights over this game