(Y4) Recruting Trail

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Dec 12, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

(Y4) Recruting Trail

This is the official thread for all things recruiting this season.

Here is what the Wolverines are up to in week 4

My Board
    1. WR #4 Brandon Williams
    UM is currently 3rd behind Ohio State and Rutgers

2. QB #6 Jason Maxwell
    UM is currently 1st, Alabama is 2nd

3. OLB #2 Antonio Smith
    UM is currently 1st, Florida is 2nd

4. WR #6 Sean Brantley
    UM is currently 1st, Sean's only offer

5. DE #5 Craig Stewart
    UM is currently 1st, Notre Dame is 2nd

6. DT #1 Justin Seigel
    UM is currently 3rd behind UT and OSU

7. CB #21 Jarrett Pickens
    UM is currently 1st, his only offer

8. C #5 Jacob Smith
    UM is currently 1st, he has 5 offers

9. G #2 Michael Macklin
    UM is currently 2nd, Nebraska is the front-runner

10. HB #4 Leslie Cutler
    UM is currently 2nd, Cutler has no offers

11. CB #19 Dustin Tompkins
    UM is currently 1st, NC State is 2nd

12. OT #5 Corey Salyer
    UM is currently 2nd, Wisconsin is the front-runner

13. CB #17 William Garrison
    UM is currently 1st, Will has no offers

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

These were changed a bit due to the SIM issue, but the order of apperance on my board remains the same. Post some summaries about your team's recruiting!!

3. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Tide Recruits

Needs FB

Bama's class will be only 11 players. Maybe a few more, since Jason Mitchell among others might go pro.

Tide coach has said he will only look to sign 8 players during the season and look for three or more players during the offseason.

Wants Dline, WR, Oline, HB,

Signed
    #1 HB Ethan Jones(5*) from Alabama(scout eval-good speed and all around back who's B+ inj rating means he is a tough HB. something Bama needs from its main ground gainer)
    6'2" 206 4.40 366 bench,

#4 T Rick Upshaw(4*) from Alabama(scout eval- good balanced T who is a strong run blocker)
    6'5" 277 468 Bench, 680 squat

Recruits that want to play for Alabama as of now(top of their list)

#1 MLB Chris Bryant(5*) from FLA(scout eval-A little slower than would like, good instincts, should play the run well) Tide interest=very High

#3 CB Joey Patterson(4*) from NC(scout eval-believe he could be a bust. a slow cover cb who cant tackle or catch)Tide interest=very low

#3 DE Brad Jensen(4*) from Alabama (scout eval- Decent speed, good strength and instincts for a DE) Tide interest=high

#19 WR kirk Griffin(4*) from Ohio (scout eval- good speed, good hands, makes tough catches. could be a little under rated) Tide interest=high

#22 WR Warren Hall(4*) from MO (scout eval- good size, good speed, makes the hard catches but drops the easy ones.) Tide interest= High

Players Alabama wants

#2 WR Brian Shaw(5*) from FLA (Tide is 3rd on his board. scout eval-Great speed, good hands good size) Tide interest= Very high

#6 QB Jason Maxwell(4*) from CAli ( tide 2nd on the board, scout eval, Good size, good strenght, good THP) Tide interest=very High

#8 WR Austin Copeland(4*) from FLA( Tide 4th on his list, scout eval- great size, good speed, good hands) Tide interest=high

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

LSU signed the #1 or #2 DT.

5. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

The Badgers have two early season commits:

4* DT Donovan Lytes, who also considered Alabama and Florida
    4* OLB Justin Ford, who also considered Florida and Ole Miss

I think there are nine user teams after WR Austin Copeland, who is 6'7". Hopefully he comes to Madison.

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Miami's win vs FSU has given them a boost in a number of recruits i was targeting. Looks like WR Copeland will go there.

I should get My MLB and a 4* wr. Mia looks like he got the other 4*WR from Florida we were battling for.

My jewel of my class would be to get #2 WR Brian Shaw out of N Miami Fla. I'm #1 right now but do to all the road games and only 2 home games prior to week 10, I had to schedule a visit early, Notre Dame has a visit with him week 7 that might cause him to jump ship if i cant lock him down this week.

The outlook is for all 11 recruits i sign this year will redshirt with Shaw being the only dude who might play as a true Freshmen if i luck up and get him. If this dynasty was too last until 2015(yr 7) I like who i could put on the field. Dont think we make it that far since it takes about 2 months a season. Ncaa 2011 will be out by then. I think we only finish yr 6(2014)(the first year only recruited players are in the dynasty.)

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

week 7 recruiting update coming for NC St. Week 6 was the first week we had people visiting so look forward to some updates.

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami Hurricanes Recruiting

Through 6 games, Miami is 6-0 overall, 3-0 in the ACC, leading the Coastal Division, and ranked #1 in the nation. The Canes are coming off a big recruiting weekend when they had all of their uncommitted recruits, except for 2, in to watch them beat their rival and then #1, Florida State Seminoles 24-21. The win catapulted Miami to their #1 ranking and moved them to the top school for most of their recruits.

The visit was enough to convince 3 of the nation's Top 100 recruits to pledge their future to Miami and the #1 Fullback as well. The prize of the Florida State weekend was #6 Defensive Tackle :5stars: Nigel Carroll, a Junior College transfer from Columbus Georgia. Carroll was rated the #18 recruit in the nation according to Russell Athletic. Carroll is 6'2" 276 lbs. He is a strong player who likes to overpower blockers.
    "I really liked the feel of the campus, the facilities are about as good as you're going to find anywhere, and I think playing there gives me a great chance to get to the next level. You can't turn on a game on Sunday and watch the starting lineups without hearing someone saying they played at Tha U. I know it takes a lot of work, but I believe that playing here will help me make it." Carroll said over the phone. Carroll chose Miami over Alabama, Texas, and LSU, who had all offered him scholarships.

The 2nd big commit of the weekend was #12 Defensive Tackle, #97 overall, :4stars: Lance Reyes. Reyes is a 6'0" 288 lbs pass rushing defensive tackle. This North Laurel, MD native has a good motor and likes to get after quarterbacks all day long. Reyes was sold on the opportunity to play early, the fact that the Miami football program is thriving and stable, as well as the fact that the Canes look poised to compete for ACC and National Titles now and in the coming years. Reyes said he was honored to be part of this recruiting class because he sees the vision of the staff and where the program is headed.
    "They're really building something special here, kinda like SC did when Coach Carroll took over. I'm excited to be a Cane and I think we're gonna do big things." Reyes said. "As soon as I got the offer, I was done with the recruiting process."

The 3rd big signee of the weekend was #1 Fullback, #131 overall, :4stars: Anthony McDonald of Warrensburg, Mo. McDonald is a 6'1" 222 lbs blocking back who overpowers defenders. McDonald was also swayed by the rich Hurricane tradition of sending players to the NFL. There is also an opportunity for McDonald to compete for a starting position when he enters camp as a freshman.
    "Miami is on the verge of becoming what it was in the late 80's and early 90's and I want to be a part of that. Something special is happening here and I'm not going to miss out on this amazing opportunity."
    McDonald picked Miami over scholarship offers from Texas, Wisconsin, and Gerogia.

The final prospect to pledge his future to the Canes was #4 Center, 238 overall :4stars: prospect Kenneth Andrews from Hollywood, Florida. Andrews is a 6'1" 271 lbs lineman who does everything well. He's got great feet, good strength, and he is durable. While he doesn't get a lot of media hype, there are many who believe he is a hidden gem. Several college coaches told us off the record, he is exactly the kind of player you would want to build your line around. Andrews chose the Canes over Ole Miss and Clemson.
    "I've grown up watching ACC football and I think that the Miami-Florida State rivalry is right up there with any other rivalry in college football. It's a little surreal that I get to be a part of it for four years." Andrews said after his practice, smiling from ear to ear.

Those four and three other prospects :)4stars:Jonas Porter #3 Center, :4stars:Vince Harris #3 Free Safety, and :3stars:Brandon Williams #15 Athlete) make up the current #1 recruiting class in the Nation. The Miami staff would like to sign 19 players, so they have 12 scholarships left to give out. It seems that they are trying to lock up their class now, so they can focus on team development in the off-season. There should be a few scholarships still available, plus there will surely be some players leaving early, so there could be a few more spots to fill in the off-season. As it stands, Miami needs to sign a quarterback, 3 wide receivers, 2 defensive ends, and an outside linebacker.

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

the Wolfpack of NC St. have built upon their week 6 win by signing the top guy on their board!!! David Hunt is the #14 ranked hb coming out this year standing at 6'0" and weighing in at 209lbs. This kid is ranked lower then where he should have been because of the offense his highschool team ran. Look for him to emerge in a couple of years with the rest of this BIG recruiting class. More updates as we get them

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

you asshole.....I wanted him.....lol

damn you TRude...damn you

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

does this mean no radio show appearance now? hehe

Seriously though, that was the 1st guy on my board and I saw you right behind me so i spent hella time on him week in and week out to make sure I landed him. Now I can try to work on the rest of my board. oh Gunit i forgot to tell u this, but this is how i felt when i saw i signed him...... :dance nana:

12. Dean

Dean Walk On

Flordia gets 1st 2 commitments of the year

#2 QB Slade Moses 5*
    #6 ATH Travis Snyder 4*

13. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah he's going to be a staple in your backfield for the next four seasons.

I like that dance....lol:thingnana:

14. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Slade Moses is a fantastic name
    and I am sure he runs a 4.4

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I was really hoping to sign him, would of thrown him into the fire next year. His attributes make him seem like a surefire game-breaker. Who knows, maybe since Lamar Miller is out for the year, he'll come back and I'll have another year to find one. Nice job TRude. I'm glad that he'll be playing against us for four years.

16. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I have been hitting the recruiting trails hard, that coupled with my success on the field has led to some big commits coming to Ann Arbor. So far I have gotten 5 commits. 5-star WR Brandon Williams is my biggest signing so far, he’s the first 5 star wideout I have signed with Michigan. I also got a commit form 5-star DT Justin Seigel who chose me over Ohio State amongst others. My 3 other commits are all 4 stars, WR Sean Brantley, OLB Antonio Smith, and CB Dustin Tompkins. I am in good position to sign many other top guys on my board. The 2 main losses I have suffered in recruiting is QB Jason Maxwell to Alabama and DE Craig Stewart to the rival Fighting Irish.

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

WTB QB for the future

18. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Since i only have 11 default roster guys left on my team, and only 7 srs I am done recruiting until the spring.

I have signed 8 players and still after 2 more and can only have 11 if no one goes pro.

I think wr Kendal Kelly and hb Jason Mitchell will go pro which would be big loses. Next year i might only have 3 players from the default roster and 67 of my recruits on the team. I am willing to bet because of the way progression is, default roster guys(red shirt SRs next year) are all gonna be over 95 and since i have only 3, i will be one of the lowest rated teams in the dynasty.

19. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Hood stay the hell away from the state of Ohio and our defensive tackles.

20. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

aye aye captain :monkeybutt:

21. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Signed

#1 MLB Chris Bryant(5*) from FLA(scout eval-A little slower than would like, good instincts, should play the run well) Tide interest=very High

#2 WR Brian Shaw(5*) from FLA (Tide is 3rd on his board. scout eval-Great speed, good hands good size) Tide interest= Very high

#1 HB Ethan Jones(5*) from Alabama(scout eval-good speed and all around back who's B+ inj rating means he is a tough HB. something Bama needs from its main ground gainer)
    6'2" 206 4.40 366 bench,

#6 QB Jason Maxwell(4*) from CAli ( tide 2nd on the board, scout eval, Good size, good strenght, good THP) Tide interest=very High

#2 T Brian Lewis (4*) from Fla

#4 T Rick Upshaw(4*) from Alabama(scout eval- good balanced T who is a strong run blocker)
    6'5" 277 468 Bench, 680 squat

#3 DE Brad Jensen(4*) from Alabama (scout eval- Decent speed, good strength and instincts for a DE) Tide interest=high

#8 ATH Eric Roland(4*) from Texas

Still on the Board

#16 OLB Nate McClelland from WASH DC

#22 WR Warren Hall(4*) from MO (scout eval- good size, good speed, makes the hard catches but drops the easy ones.) Tide interest= High
    Recruits that want to play for Alabama as of now(top of their list)

10 players on board, 8 signed. Only 11 roster slots avail before off season.

22. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

NC State recruiting update as of week 11
    ----------------------------------------

Ask any college coach and he'll tell ya: recruiting is the cornerstone of any program. This philosophy is what coach TRude is banking on. Possible sanctions were going to be handed down upon FSU and the AD rushed to judgement and let the coach go. These accusations were false and started up by the old Clemson coach just so he could jump in the driver seat with the Seminoles. 1 season later and here we are with the Wolfpack.

signed recruits in order of importance to my program

1. Corey Salyer - Corey is a 6'6" 296lb. offensive tackle who has yet to fill into his big frame. This kid has power and the technique to follow it. With our Oline getting ready to depart this signing became #1 although he wasn't originally ranked that high on our boards

2. Anthony Bell - Anthony stands 6'2" 223lb. and plays qb. He was ranked nationally #8 at his position and was an all state guy. Again this kid was not at the top of our board since we would have to fight just to get him away from multiple user coaches. Luckily for TRude, Anthony was an FSU guy(until I left) and followed his dream coach up north to the state of North Carolina. What made this even sweeter was the fact he had a soft verbal with LSU only to be lured back to us.

3. David Hunt - The 6'0" 209lb. RB was our top guy and first guy signed. This kid played in a high school system that was pass happy and as a result he slipped on overall rankings to #14 at his position. TRude and the rest of this program were thrilled to bring him in as we feel his potential is limitless.

4. Maurice Washington - 5'11" 210lb. RB. Maurice is the #5 rated RB coming out of Jesup, GA. TRude got this guy in here after already signing David Hunt. Maurice knew about this, but was so confident in his abilities for one, that he wanted to come prove himself here. Secondly, he believes that with the coaching style of TRude that there would be plenty of touches for both guys which he gladly welcomes being the team oriented player he is.

5. Russ Bennett - 6'3" 220lb. WR. With a young receving corps already in place this kid has gotten lost in the mix so far. Once the coaches get to see him on the field I'm sure things will change. This kid is going to come in and make catches, run good crisp routes, and even showcase his deceptive moves.

*With the signings of all of our top recruits this will now open the door for some other key guys that will help get this program turned around pronto. The board has been shuffled again with our recent signings. We look forward to bringing in about 3 to 4 defensive guys who will bring a little more tenacity and ferociousness to our unit. At this point I can only hope we power through 3 more seasons minimum so my guys get a fair shake.