(Y4) Week 14 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Week 14ill posted at 4:30 am cst

2. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

[​IMG]

Bruins drop a close one to the condoms in the Rose Bowl, big difference is a pick 6 U$C got midway through the 2nd, gave them all the momentum, sad way for the seniors to go out, with the loss the Bruins season is officially over at 5-7, looking for to next year with all the talent I got returning on both sides of the ball, along with this recruiting class.

3. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

[​IMG]
    Michigan goes for two to beat OSU 22-21 on a last second drive. ​
    Coach Hal had his guys play up and really had me on the ropes. This game had 9 total turnovers. It was sloppy. I had some opportunities but my pitch wouldn't go, or when it did, it was late and i'd run out of bounds. We were down 14-21 with 1:00 left. We moved the ball and converted a 4th down barely in the drive. On a 3rd and 6 i decided to run gardner, turns out he took it to the house. He had a bad game, but game up big in the clutch at the end. I originally decided to line up for the FG to tie the game up, try to stop him. But, i had played like garbage and i'd had some success running my AWESOME FB. So, i called Time out, which if i didn't convert, would of really burned me, lined up and gave my CLUTCH FB the ball. He got hit on the goal line and fell in. ​
    From there we needed to defend. Ohio got loose a little but we managed to contain them and almost had a pick at one point. Overall, i felt like we had him confused and under pressure, but, he managed to break loose a few times, mainly off my mistakes. This was probably my worst game to date in a while. Won't happen again. Look forward to our games in the future, it's going to be a war. Not looking forward to battling him for Ohio recruits either!!!​
    [​IMG]

4. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Bama Falls Late to Tigers
    Misses Chance to Spoil Auburn Titles Hopes
    Alabama and Auburn squared off once again for their annual Iron Bowl grudge match. This year the Crimson Tide limped into the game with a 6-5 while the Tigers were 11-0 ranked #2 in the BCS and looking for a shot at a BCS Title. On paper this game looked to be a big mismatch as the Tigers were better along the line of scrimmage both offensively and defensively. Coach Fred Limbo has done an outstanding job building the Tigers into a title contender. After forcing a 3 and out the Tigers took their opening possession and marched down the field and took an early 7-0 lead. The Crimson Tide responded and mixed the run and pass and worked their way into Tiger territory before being forced to kick a 47 yard FG. At this point both defense began to take control as neither team would threaten until late in the 2nd Qtr when the Crimson Tide got a drive going that ended when Sims connected with Hart on a swing pass for a short TD and a 10-7 Alabama half time lead. Just under 2 minutes into the 3rd Qtr lighting struck and the game froze so a restart was in order. After getting the score back to 10-7 the 2nd half resumed. After a scoreless 3rd Qtr the Tigers reclaimed the lead at 14-10 when Kyle Frazier scored on a 4 yard QB keeper. After a late Alabama interception the Tigers increased their lead to 17-10 with less than a minuted remaining. This put into place on of the wildest 45 seconds in Iron Bowl history. The Crimson Tide hit a couple of pass to reach mid field when with 31 seconds remaining Sims found Marvin Shinn streaking down the left sideline for a 50 yard TD pass to pull within 17-16 (ugh bad memories :confused:). Anyway after contemplating going for 2 the Alabama coaches elected to kick and take their chances in overtime. After and incomplete pass and with less than 30 seconds remaining it looked like overtime until Frazier found Trovon Redd streaking down the sideline pass 2 Alabama defenders and hit him on a 78 yard TD pass and a 24-17 Auburn win.
    After the game Coach UA was asked about why he kick the extra point. "At that point we had done a very good job of keeping a very explosive Auburn offense under control. The moved the ball but they were not getting the big plays and I felt like we had an excellent chance of winning in overtime. I want to congratulate Coach Fred Limbo and his team and wish them well in Atlanta vs a very tough Sotuh Carolina team."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Guy did a great job telling the story of the game not a lot I can add, we where surprised at how he did against the run holding Mason under 100. Defenses for both teams played well the whole game making the other team earn every yard we both had 13+ play drives. Great Game Mr Wilson! Now on to the SEC Champ game!

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

SC completes a perfect regular season at 12-0 (7-0 vs. Users), beating previously undefeated #3 Notre Dame 31-6 in the Lou Holtz Bowl. Video highlights coming later. Good Game capp34. #1 Auburn coming next week in the SEC Title.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  7. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Very embarrassing showing by Notre Dame and their coach who made some very questionable play calls throughout the game. This loss ranks right up there with the lost to Michigan last season. Hats off to South Carolina and coach Cp they had a great gameplan and exacuted it perfectly. Back to the drawing board for the Irish to see if we can come up with some type of offense that will give us a chance in our BCS game.

8. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Buckeyes Blow It Late In Bitter Rivalry Game
    michigan2.png
    michigan1.png

It was another rough start for Ohio State. The Buckeyes couldn't do anything for nearly the entire 1st half of the game. Michigan was driving with under 2 minutes remaining looking to go up 21-0 at the half when the Buckeyes finally had something break their way. Wolverine QB Devin Gardner threw an INT that was returned all the way to inside Michigan's red zone. Ohio State didn't have much time but OSU QB Braxton Miller managed to scramble in for an 18 yard TD run and make it 14-7 at the half.

Michigan got the ball to start the 2nd Ohio State's defense came out energized and shut them down. Then on the Buckeyes' possession, Miller made a bad read of Michigan's defense and threw up a deep pass into double coverage intended for Devin Smith. Amazingly though, Smith managed to come down with the ball in the end zone leading to a tie game.

From there, it turned into a tight defensive battle. Neither side was allowing their opponent to do much. Ohio State ended up getting another break though. Michigan ran a WR screen but Gardner missed his WR and one of Ohio State's CBs intercepted it giving the Buckeyes a very short field and a chance to take the lead. They kept on the ground and attempted to run down the clock and eventually punched it in for a TD and a 21-14 lead.

Michigan wasn't done though. They put together a quick 2 minute drive culminating in a 46 yard run by Devin Gardner for a TD. After lining up for a FG, the Wolverines called a TO and brought their offense back onto the field. They would call a FB dive that successfully converted the 2 point conversion. OSU was unable to respond with 40 seconds they had remaining.

Upcoming: Ohio State appears headed to the Capital One Bowl in Orlando, FL to face the Tennessee Volunteers.

9. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Iowa beat Penn State to head to the B1G Championship. 2 big 4th down stops helped the Hawkeyes win the game by eventually scoring in the final 2 minutes of the game. The Hawkeyes will take on Michigan in the B1G Championship game

10. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

11. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Florida had a bye