(Y5) 2014 Week 1 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your week 1 results here!

2. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma sruvives a double overtime thriller with the Buckeyes, winning 31-28

Sooners are not allowed a timeout at the regulation after completed pass inside the Ohio State five. Sooner QB Blake Bell throws his first career interception on the first Oklhoma series before the Buckeyes's FG attempt is wide left. Ohio State fumbles on the next possession and the Sooners play it safe before knocking thru the game winner.

gg CPU

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina beats Nebraska in Lincoln 31-24. The game was laggy and changed the dynamics of the game, but it was still a down to the wire game. South Carolina led by seven with two minutes left and Nebraska drove to midfield trying to tie the game up but were stopped on fourth down and USC ran the clock out. Coming into the game Freshman Antonio Matthews and Sophomore Doug Koch were supposed to compete for the job, but Matthews started out the game and played so well that Koch never saw the field. Matthews was brilliant on his first start, on the road in a hostile environment, and has won the job until further notice. The young defense played good at times and bad at times, giving up big plays but making big plays as well. USC is 1-0 and will host Missouri. USC and Missouri have played 3 times in the past two season, two in Missouri and once in the Cotton Bowl, but this will be the first trip by Missouri to the "real" Columbia and the Gamecocks will be looking to start 2-0 for the first time since 2011.

Good game jerz, the lag affected the game, which sucks, cause you never want to have a game and win like that because it just feels dumb. Keep up the hard work at Nebraska, it will pay off in time, good luck the rest of the season.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Good win King. I knew that would be a good game.

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Thanks man it was an important one for me as the last two years I have started out 0-2.

6. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

could it be? USC may have a legit team this season. Congrats

7. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Is that a compliment!?!? lol thanks. I guess you will find out about my team week 11 ;)

8. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

week 11 this year? well i cant get t caught up in that week saying since i have a game weeks 12, 1,14, and 15 lol

Florida handles another member of the weak big 10. 40-7 e played sloppy offensivly but the big plays were there when we needed them. Next week the gators are idel and will enjoy alll the other teams beat each other up

9. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

FSU beats #11 Notre Dame in a wild one. The Irish would stuff FSU on 4th down inside the 1, with 3 minutes left and up 7. Luckily FSU would be able to force a punt and would score on the ensuing drive to force OT. FSU would get the ball first and score a TD, then on 4th down The Noles would get an INT to seal the deal. Id say the sliders are looking pretty good in week 1 as 2 games against the CPU go to OT.

10. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The Auburn Tigers shook off some rost and swatted Georgia Tech 35-18 for their first win of the 2014 season. Two Freeman interceptions (see videos) to top target Luis Long and a number of defensive coverage breakdowns kept the game close, but the Tigers never seemed of losing this one. Junior HB Brad Pickens looked explosive early, recording 115 yards on only 6 carries, but an undisclosed ankle injury ended his day well before half-time. More coverage to follow.

11. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

North Carolina wins the turnover battle by 7(8 by Funk...1 by me) and only wins 20-17. I don't know what to say...I am ecstatic about the win, yet embarrased that we could only gain 118 yards on offense. I think it was a combination of playing with new players in 2 key roles and J Funk's defense being absolute robots. Man am I glad that is over!

12. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm reading the box score now. WOW, 118 yards? To be the #1 team in the nation? Un-freakin'-believable!

But, hey, a win's a win, baby!

13. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Dang great win RTP! I have to say I am stunned at this, not because you can't beat anybody, but because Funk's team is loaded. And I get to face him in a few weeks.

14. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri outlasts a solid Maryland team in a fun game that was much closer than the score indicates (38-21). GSU had me on the ropes in the 1st half, two key fumble recoveries put Maryland in the lead with 3 minutes to go in the 1st half, but some quick strikes gave Missouri the lead to go into half and the second half was a game of ball control, where Missouri's O-line outlasted the Maryland D-line.

But King, you got your wish, I run a two back system kind of like a lightning and thunder attack and he knocked out my lightning RB for 2 weeks and he also knocked out thunder, but luckily it was just for the game. I was down to my 3rd string RB for the second half, haha. His D was laying some wood on my half backs.

15. runthepound

God Speed

16. runthepound

I was #8 going into this game....Funk was #1. He gained plenty of yards...over 300. That is really the hardest time I have ever had moving the ball on anyone. In pass coverage, my guys were blanketed on every single play. Not to mention his D line made my stellar(what I thought) O line look like a bunch of cream puffs there.

17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great Game Mizzourah. first half was a good game for me second half you controlled the ball and played great pass Defense. I'm calling it now Mizzou wins the Big12 this year. He may have been not talented last year but this year they are ready to make a power move

18. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

You can't have 8 turnovers and win. Period. Great game Ashley.

19. jca312

jca312 Walk On

The Miami Hurricanes racked up 49 points in a sloppy Week 1 win on the road over the Arkansas Razorbacks 49-14.