(Y5) 2014 Week 12 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Two huge User games!

Everyone post your scores here!

2. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State defeats Texas Tech in a nail biter 38-35

Tech missed a game tying FG with less than 30 seconds remaining. Red Reaider QB Scotty Young passed for 612 yards versus the Cowboys.....:(

Terrible, Terrible young defense...

But a win is a win.

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

USC is done recruiting

4. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri finishes off the regular season with a 58-7 win in Ames. Bad news is James Franklin is out for 7 weeks, which I think means the season, because they only count the advance from championship week to bowl as 1 week although it might be 3-4 weeks on the real calendar. Bad blow for Mizzou. I have 1 QB now, the other 2 are freshman that are being redshirted, I would hate to have to blow a redshirt on one of them. Well I get to see what Gabbert is made of, his first start coming in the big 12 championship game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Dang that sucks! He is now going to miss the Conference Championship and the Bowl Game. That is an awful way for his great career to come to an end.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Alabama ass-raped the Tigers (minus any lubricants) 42-7 today. Aside from having the clear-cut better team, they did everything better today. Congrats, Funk.

In a nutshell, I wanted to do two things in this game:

1) Run the ball
    2) Avoid committing turnovers

I was able to do the first (my QB getting flattened several times for losses skewed the numbers), but failed miserably at the second.

After getting Funk to go 3 and out on the opening drive, I got a nice little rhythm going and moved the ball just outside the redzone. I then called for a screen pass (which is a risky play against an aggressive D' when not out of the shotgun), and I paid for it dearly. My QB was hit, the ball was picked by a lineman/DE, and 'Bama took it to the house. 7-0.

With the ball again, I got it movin' into 'Bama territory once, but my freshman QB just couldn't handle the crowd. On a crucial play, he missed a wide open receiver over the middle by a mile. A pick on a forced pass later, and 'Bama's Hale connected on a nice throw to make it 14-0. At this point, I lost my cool and fell off my game plan.

"I could be up 14-0 right now, but I'm down by 14."

Down 21-0 right before the Half, Funk tried to run out the clock, and my entire defense just parted like the freakin' red sea, allowing 'Bama's back a clear path up the middle for another TD. 28-0.

And that was all she wrote. 'Bama made me pay for every aggressive defensive play call I made ... and just when I thought I was about to make a big gain through the air (to at least make things interesting), his CB would make a vicious play on the ball and strip it loose. Down big, I became extremely predictable, which made it easy for Funk to finish me off.

I'm predicting a revenge win for the Tigers next season - but I know it's going to feel like an eternity before the opportunity presents itself.

Good luck the rest of the way, 'Funk.

7. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Great game ego. I caught a few breaks that busted the game open. I don't suspect it will go like that next season.

8. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Floridas 23 game winnning streak comes to an end. 28-14 this was a bigger blowout than the scoreboard shows he whipped y tail left and right. i couldnt run the ball i couldnt throw the ball i couldnt stop the run i couldnt stop the pass. Credit to JCA great game man

9. egofailure

You're too kind.

And WOW, JCA, what a win!

RTP, the cards seem to be fallin' for you.

Don't blow it! ; )

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Nice wins JFunk and JCA

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Thanks guys. Had to do what I could to get my ACC brethren a title shot! Go get the ACC another championship RTP!!!

If only G-Unit hadn't paid off those damn refs in our game...

12. Iron Mickey

Damn, that sucks Mizzourah. That's a huge blow....what Qtr did he get hurt? Could you have pulled him earlier in that blowout or was he injured early first half?

And the king goes down....(TexasFight). That was one helluva winning streak you had going bro.

I am surprised by the Iron Bowl results, but that's how it goes sometimes.

13. egofailure

I know how you feel, man. Gabbart may not have Franklin's RB skills, but he's still quick, and that 99 accuracy doesn't hurt, either. You'll be fine!

14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Maryland beats Boston College 37-17.. Defense played great for once while the offense play ok in my mind. Coach was able to put the back ups in the game during the 4th quarter..We will now try to end the season on a high note with a against #17 UGA in the season finale and a hopeful bowl berth

15. Iron Mickey

good win GSU.

16. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Nebraska has recruited

17. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

ACC 4 life !!!

18. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma drills Baylor 42-7
    Gunit is right, the Bears are terrible with a 68 quarterback and 45 free safety. Sooners didnt play particularly well but still had a comfortable win.
    Digging up the scouting reports on Gabbert