(Y5) 2014 Week 2 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your results here!

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama rebounds from the most embarrassing loss in school history with a 35-0 win over Ole Miss.

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC gets revenge for their late season loss against Auburn last year...defeating the Tigers 38-25.

Great game to Ego! Great new addition to our league.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Man, I hate losing more than anything, but I've never had more fun playing this game than when I'm battlin' RTP in this league.

UNC officially grabs their "revenge" for last season, as they conquered The Jungle and defeated the Tigers 38-25.

It's crazy how almost all games are decided by a few big plays.

UNC received the ball to open the game and on the first play ... BOOM! - a fumble! But the Tarheels recovered and put together a fantastic opening drive for the score. Had I come up with that ball, how would this affected the outcome? I can only wonder.

Anyway, soon after, it was 14-0, and I had to make a move.

I battled back to make it 14-10 and had a chance for more before the half. Instead of being conservative (since I received to start off the 2nd half), I threw the ball down the field, but was unsuccessful. UNC got the ball back at their own 20 with 40 seconds remaining, and completed a huge, back-breaking TD completion with 3 seconds remaining. (I'm sure RTP will include this in his video highlights). I took several pictures of the so-called "reception" ... to prove the UNC receiver was (without question) out of bounds! ; )

So, we went into the Half 21-10.

Things get a bit blurry for me here, but after my KR fumbled the kickoff, allowing another UNC TD, this one was in the books. I pressed to get back and forced a few passes, and the Tarheels there drooling and waiting.

Great game, RTP. I'll be your biggest fan all season long, as I hope to run the table and earn my matchup with you in the NC.

All losses suck, but early losses suck less. ; )

5. Iron Mickey

Damn another good User game I see.

Well Oklahoma State takes #23 Utah to the woodshed in week 2 winning 52-14

Ok. State had a 31-0 lead at the end of the 1st Quarter. QB Bryan Johnston Jr. only threw 9 passes, but had four go for TD's....He was pulled after the 1st QTR....lol.

Great way to start the season with the offense clicking. I know it wont be this easy though. Game film for both last years Orange Bowl & tonight's game by Noon tomm.

6. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri and South Carolina play a classic defensive match in Columbia, the fake one :) . Coach King was moving the ball on Mizzou, but ran into a few problems with his true freshman qb. The first a qb draw where the end bit, but the safety came around the corner and lowered a boom on the qb, causing a fumble that was returned for a TD by CB Damien Peterson. The most crucial turnover of the game was an attempted qb run by USC at the Mizzou 4 yard line that was fumbled and taken 50 yards that setup a Mizzou field goal. King had his defense running on all cylinders. He disguised his blitzes very well and was getting to Franklin very quickly. Mizzou's defense helped pull out a victory in a game where the offense could not get going. Final score 20-9 Missouri.

As always King and awesome game, good luck to you the rest of the way in the SEC, you will be a force.

7. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Haha no it's the Real Columbia. My youth really showed today, my QB wasn't nearly as good and had three turnovers, my HB could never really get going, and my three young lineman just aren't ready yet. I guess that's what I get for starting 8 Freshman and sophomores on offense. I was really pleased with how my defense played, they are going to be a very good unit next season, as 8 of my defensive starters will be back. But with all this youth there will be some growing pains, as there was today. Mizzou pretty much summed it up he takes a fumble back 50 for a TD and takes another fumble 50 to set up a field goal. The other key stat was his redzone defense, I had four trips to the redzone, three were field goals and one was the fumble, and that was the difference in the game. Now the Gamecocks have to get back up off the ground for their big rivalry game against Georgia next week, and prepare for the impossible task of playing the Crimson Tide in a few weeks.

Great game mizzourah, and good luck to you as well. I think you have a great chance to get your first Big 12 Title this year.

8. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Maryland gets owned in front of the home crowd. Oklahoma beats them down to the tune of 37-14. The game start close but inexperiance, youth and mistakes show as the Terps fall apart. Broken tackles, drops, INTs, playing out of position. Oklahoma was pretty much able to run the ball at will.This could turn into another long year for the Terps with first year starters at QB and RB. Great game Tuco

9. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

FSU takes care of Central Michigan 42-14

10. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

You and I are in the same boat. I was lucky enough to get a couple of good guys come in and play for me but still playing with young, inexperienced guys in key positions can be sooo frustrating at times.

11. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Dude RTP has Hit Stick down to a science. He destroyed me with that shit. I had about 7 or 8 fumbles in that game and he recovered 5 of them. I will suggest whoever plays RTP rest of the way, put it on conservative run gameplan from the opening kickoff.

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

yeah i have stud WRs but if the QB can't get the ball there and then line can't block it does no good

13. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I was trying to hit stick Ego in our game but his big burl HB's were just bouncing off when I would hit them. I also whiffed on a few of my hits on him, allowing for longer runs than I should have.

14. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The "hit stick" is definitely a risk/reward kind of thing. I've yet to lose a ball due to a big hit from RTP, but I'm also an "R1" addict. How much does this help? I'm not sure. I do know, however, that I've managed to gain significant yardage at times due to some "swing and misses". Ironically enough, it was a relatively lame tackle that jettisoned the ball on the kickoff return.

15. Iron Mickey

Fuck runthepound and his bullshit hit stick. Bout to advance the week.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hit stick isn't dominant if you know how to work the highlight stick...