(Y5) 2014 Week 3 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your results here!!!

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Well I just played Georgia and beat them 28-23 and now as I'm going back to dynasty wire I get some stupid message saying the EA Servers are down so now I can't upload my results or highlights. I'm not really sure what to do, I guess I can leave it like this for a little bit, but I am going to have to leave the house in an hour and a half and I don't want to leave my PS3 on all day. This would happen to me :mad::(

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I just did some checking and apparently the servers are supposed to be back up sometime between 12-1 pm est so hopefully they come up soon and it lets me upload my game, or I'm going to be furious. I just wish I had known they were going to be done before I played, it would have saved me a lot of trouble.

4. Iron Mickey

take a pic of the final score on the screen. Long as it shows the FINAL in the picture...i will let you replay. I have had them go out on me before and mine still uploaded about 20 min later after clicking the retry button. Also you can sign out of PSN (leave the game where it is)....and log back into PSN and then try reclicking "retry" again and it works too.

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I can't take a picture of the score because I am already out of the game. It let me play like nothing was wrong and I saved my highlights and everything and now it is at the point where it is starting to upload all the data, if that makes any sense, but then it tells me that the EA Servers are not available and then it asks me if I would like to reconnect or abandon game result, so I figure once the servers are back up I can upload them fine (fingers crossed). But like I said there is a post on the EA Forums that says they are doing some maintenance and they are supposed to be up pretty soon, like anytime within the next hour.

6. Iron Mickey

your game posted King...I just got the email

7. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

The servers are back up and my results uploaded :D so now I can go back to feeling good about beating Georgia.

Anyways this was a crazy game, once in a lifetime like. Both teams combined for 13 turnovers! including one sequence where there was two turnovers on the same play. The USC defense pick of QB Art Harris 5 times and then knocked him out of the game, and Jr OLB William Parks forced 3 fumbles all by himself, giving South Carolina 8 takeaways on the day. The USC offense still has a lot of work left to do, as they turned the ball over 5 times themselves, three picks by Matthews, one pick by Koch on his 2 pass attempts, and a fumble by Jason Byrd. Byrd has really struggled to get going to past two games, partly because he gets tired very quickly, and the coaching staff is worried he isn't the back that he was hyped up to be. Next week should be a good sign of whether or not the USC offense is bad or it has just ran into some pretty good defense as they will face a lesser opponent in Vanderbilt.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Auburn boots a FG as time expires to defeat LSU 31-28 for an exciting to finish to an absolutely crazy game.

Here goes:

- Went down 14-0 out of the gate after my QB (Freeman) fumbled the ball and lost the possession. On the next drive, Freeman's picked off, but my defense buckles down and LSU misses the FG attempt. Still 14-0.
    - The story of the first half? We managed to move the ball well, but couldn't get in the endzone. Had to settle for 2 FG. We head into Half-time down 21-6.
    - We received at the start of the 2nd half and again moved down the field and into the redzone. Knowing we couldn't settle for a FG again, Freeman forced a pass into coverage and was intercepted for the second time. At this point, a loss seemed certain.

- But for nearly all of the 2nd half, my defense was stellar. They definitely kept us in the game.
    - Meanwhile, my offensive strategy changed. I went to the ground game and fed off that success, targeting my TE/LB match-ups and avoiding the WR/CB duels. LSU's secondary wouldn't let my receivers breathe.
    - Two TDs and a 2-point conversion later, it was all tied up (see highlights).

- My defense forced LSU to punt again, and back-up RBs Thomas Bell and Kevin Hill stole the show, running hard and picking up key 1st downs (more on this later). We went ahead 28-21 with under 3 minutes to play.
    - This is when I had my second break-down in coverage. Both of these long TD scores were a result of me trying to pick the ball off (I saved one as a highlight). I really need to work on this. It was frustrating to see such great defense ruined by these two plays.
    - After the LSU score (28-28), I connected on a deep corner post to Trovon Reed, putting myself in FG position several runs afterward.

A few notes:

- All four of my RB were knocked out of this game. I scored my final TD on a WR reverse, with my 5th string WR lined up in the backfield.
    - QB Freeman was also knocked (temporarily) from the game on a key 4th down series. This is when my backup RB came through, as I didn't trust my SO (JUCO) QB to throw the ball.
    - Can't believe I won this one.

9. Iron Mickey

Damn, exciting ass game Ego!! Big SEC Win man

10. egofailure

No question! Had a number of key recruits in attendance, too. Hopefully Auburn's display grit and tenacity convinced them to be Tigers.

11. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Heck of a win Eggo. I expect the same type effort from USC in my game tonight. They gave me a fit last year and I feel i will get the same effort from them this year as well. Can't believe they knocked out all 4 of your running backs in this game.

12. egofailure

Thanks for reminding me of last season's Rose Bowl! They simply refused to lose. 4th and 20? Touchdown!

Good luck, man. Is the game at home or in California?

13. runthepound

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nebraska knocks off #12 Cal 38-7

15. runthepound

nice win Jerzey!

16. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama gets up to 35-0 lead at the half and then goes into running only mode and wins the game 38-0.

17. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State beats a tough and gritty Minnesota team 42-21

18. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

UF pounds the hated vols 41-3

19. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Really!?!? Trouble with Minny!?!?

20. runthepound

UNC beats USC 41-28 in a game that was a lot closer than the score should have been.

UNC has now beaten the #1, #6, and #3 ranked teams in the country in consecutive weeks to open the season.

21. egofailure

Impressive win and start to the season, man. Keep it up.

22. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

FSU beats Boston College 38-7

23. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri holds off Oregon State 28-10. James Franklin had 2 fumbles, which turned this game into a bit of a dogfight until about the 3rd quarter.

24. Iron Mickey

SEC Conference Preview/Prediction posted in the Media Dash Board Gentlemen.

25. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Maryland damn near starts the year 0-3 but finds a way to pull out a 45-44 victory over rival NC State. NC State jumps on the Terps early taking a 34-17 lead into half time. That's when coach went to his young QB and let him know the game was in his hands. His answered the call in the 2nd half along with the Defense as Maryland outscore the Wolfpack 28-10 to end the game.