(Y5) 2014 Week 5 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your results here!!!!!!!

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Well, guys, I have a lot to pass along in this one. Here goes ...

Going into this season, Auburn fans wondered if star players Brad Freeman (QB/97 OVR) and Brad Pickens (HB/93 OVR) would leave for the NFL after their Junior seasons. Now the possibility doesn't seem so likely.

Although the Tigers got another win for the win column today (31-13), they lost arguably their two most important offensive players for 11 weeks - Freeman with a torn pectoral muscle and Pickens with a dislocated elbow.

Freeman connected with Reed early in the 1st quarter on a beautiful throw in the corner of the endzone (see video) to put the Tigers up 7-0, but the hit he received while releasing the ball caused the serious injury. Replacing Freeman was Ted Johnson, the JUCO sophomore (66 OVR), but in his first pass attempt, he missed a wide open Shaun Kitchens. The over-thrown pass found Tennessee FS Michael Mitchell's hands for the turnover.

The true hero of this game, the Tiger defense, held their ground, forcing a FG attempt, and the kick sailed wide left. Josh Jordan (79 OVR) then entered the game at QB (thus ending his red-shirt status), throwing his first pass (a screen) into the hands of a Tennessee defensive end (see highlight). The result? Another missed FG.

Jordan would throw another interception in his second series at QB, but as the Vol defender lunged toward the goal line for the TD, he was stripped of the ball and the Tigers recovered! (Another highlight.) And then, the switch came on for the freshman, as he connected on several beautiful passes and facilitated a 93 yard run by Phillips off the option the series after Pickens was helped off the field and guided to the locker room.

While these two injuries certainly end my NC chances, I'm optimistic that the young Jordan/Phillips duo can keep Auburn competitive and put together some exciting performances moving forward.

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Dang ego, you have had a bunch of injuries this year. I know I have been pretty lucky the first couple of years and haven't really had too many injuries (knock on wood).

4. egofailure

Haha, that re-set button started calling my name! But while devastating, these challenges are what really make the game a blast. I'm just hoping that both players stick around for another year. I'd hate for this to be it.

5. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Wow you lost both in one game? That is a fucking gut shot right there.

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I know the feeling Ego. i lost 3 major players last year luckily their back ups filled in nicely. This year i have already lost my starting RB Barnes for the season

7. egofailure

Damn, so you can definitely relate!

Absolutey, 'Funk. So much can change in just one week.

That's how this game goes ..

8. Iron Mickey

Damn, those are season changing losses. Interesting to see how Auburn performs the rest of the year.

9. egofailure

I have a relatively light schedule the next few weeks (Miss St., Ark, UK, and Miss) before battling Georgia, Alabama, and Oklahoma.

I'm going to need all the practice I can get in preparation for those three squads.

10. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Offense cant pick up much steam in 28-0 win over the hogs. Arkansas shut down my run game pretty much all day i only ran for like 56 yards so i was forced to throw the ball and luckily i had Dunkley who had one of his best games as a gator with 8 rec 150 yards and a td catch. Once again after stating Bostic was the starter last week there is now an open running back comp for all three brown, Bostic and Lee.

11. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

My guess is they will try to transfer due to lack of playing time....:)

I know you think all is loss, but your team is good and you are a great coach. I feel like you still have everything to play for and can still win out.

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Another game in the pouring rain and another comeback win for the Terps. This time they beat Rival UVA 35-31

13. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC gets a tough win....after falling behind 21-7....the Noles wake up and take the game over. Final 38-28.

14. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama gets a big conference win over South Carolina 35-13.

Great game King.

15. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma 45-35

Conley (OU fullback) is the next Bo Jackson who had 6 carries for 110 yards including an 89 yarder and 10 yarder TD runs.

Good Game Tuco.

16. egofailure

Sounds like an exciting battle, G'. And RTP, it sucks you couldn't get those videos loaded.

Is Mizz the only dude left? He must be playing right now ..

Playing Funk/Tuco to end the season won't be fun. If I can get one of those, I'll be suped.

17. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri comes out victorious against a Colorado team that scored its first play from scrimmage. Luckily the Missouri D was able to settle down and shut them out for the remainder of the game. Missouri wins 45-6 and let's the backups see some action in the 4th quarter.