(Y5) 2014 Week 6 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your results here!!

Oklahoma State beats Kansas State 50-27

Back-ups came in late in the 2nd qtr. 3rd String QB Brandon Pino got a full half's worth of valuable PT.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Holy Mother of Freakin' Hell! Mississipi St. began this game as if they had been funnel-fed 30 gallons of Red Bull, ass-stabbed by Balco, and told that their families would be raped and slaughtered if they lost this game. I thought G' decided to fuck with me and put the human sliders to zero just to get a laugh. These dudes were pumped-the-fuck-up.

When those little fuckers - Johnson and Griffin - both broke tackles for big gains out of the gate, I knew I was in for a battle. Johnson out of the backfield was a nightmare on screen plays, and Griffin nearly brought the opening kick back for 6. (Don't worry, though, he'd make up for that later). MSU's fast-paced style is a bitch to defend, and before I could blink, they had put two scores on the board.

Down 14-7, I decided that this game had to be all about ball control. I established the run, hurt the D' when I had to with the pass, and made it a priority to keep their offense off of the field. After halftime, my plan continued to work perfectly until ... Blam! Griffin took a kickoff return 102 yards for the score. That kid was movin'! This is the first time I've allowed a score on special teams.

Anyway, enough of that. The real story in this one was Auburn's sophomore HB Daniel Phillips. This kid came out ready to play and ran with vengeance on every carry. His 152 yards on 22 carries was by far the best performance by a RB since I've coached here. (He also caught 7 passes, 2 for TD.)

Jonathan Jordan performed well in place of Bradford, recording 243 passing yards and a pair of TD passes while completing 69% of his attempts. His lone "mistake" came on an interception set up by a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage.

Final score: 42-28. There's still hope!

(FYI, I downed the ball with about a minute to play on the 1/2 yard line. I was tempted to run up the score on those assholes, but I held back.)

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Fuck that. I would have punched it in. :cool:

4. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Florida's D plays solid all game shutting out the tigers. The offense played good too scoring 31 points and not turning the ball over one time. Bostic go going today and so did Summers and Dunkley. The coaching staff brought alot of high caliber recruits to this game so it was key they got a convincing win today.

5. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC defeats GT by a score of 38-7.

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I wouldn't have blamed you if you did..I had MSU in my bowl game last year and know how their Offense can catch you by surprise.

7. JFunk34

Kentucky has 110 total yards of offense, 82 on one play as they lose to Bama 45-7.

8. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Sooners take care of rival Texas 35-7 in a big recruiting weekend. Oklahoma knocks a quarterback out of the game for the second consecutive and third time this year (defense is getting good at that- waiting for you Franklin)

9. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

haha, it's a good thing I have Gabbert waiting in the wings then, huh?

Despite some problems holding onto the ball Missouri goes into Lubbock and takes care of Texas Tech 54-21. In the first half I couldn't stop the pass, but in the second half, they couldn't move the ball. Missouri took advantage of the run game today and had 2 halfbacks go for over 125 yards. The offensive line is beginning to mesh together and hopefully this means good things for the future of my running game.

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami puts up 56 in the first half, with the backups coming in about a minute into the 2nd Quarter. Miami chews clock and runs the ball the entire 2nd half en route to a 63-12 win. Up next, Florida State in a HUGE game for the 'Canes.

11. JFunk34

56 in the first half? Way to go "Cheesey McCheeserson."

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

It was Duke, they turned the ball over 3 times in the first quarter I think. 2 returns for TDs and the backups were in with 5:00 to go in the first half.
    26 yards with my starting running back on 6 carries and 36 run plays for the game to 10 passes.
    They're just bad!

13. JFunk34

HA. I know dude I'm just fucking with ya.

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

FSU beats Wake Forest 42-14