(Y5) 2014 Week 8 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Nov 2, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

(G', please edit it as needed. I just wanted to be able to post my game update before a long day tomorrow.)

2. egofailure

The Auburn Tigers demolish the Kentucky Wildcats 58-24 behind the arm of true freshman Jonathan Jordan.

This is the first time that I've purposefully blown-out a team since becoming the Auburn coach. I probably shouldn't play this game while sleep-deprived and over-caffeinated, but on the first series, KY blitzed three straight times, hitting my QB on each occasion. The last hit lead to an interception and knocked my rookie out of the game temporarily. (At the time, I thought he was cooked). The Wildcats began their series on the 3 yard line, and scored on their first attempt.

That's when my insane switch when on.

As a result, I threw the ball much more often than I typically do. Kentucky's secondary just couldn't keep up with my receivers. That being said, silly and annoying drops and key over-throws dampened my satisfaction quite a bit. In addition, several apparent "mis-spots" left me inches shy of the 1st down on numerous occasions, while KY managed to make a handful of circus catches to put up chunks of yardage. (One bounced off my LB's helmet, then off my CB's mitts, only to find a KY receiver for a 78 yard TD pass.)

Despite the win, just not a fun game for me. Time for bed for an eventual return to baseline.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

thanks for putting this thread up Ego.

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami survives a trap game on the road in Atlanta. The Hurricanes squared off against Georgia Tech coming off an emotional overtime win over rival Florida State and a week before unofficial rival and owner of the ACC Atlantic Division North Carolina comes to town. To make matters worse, quarteback Blake Booker was lost for the game in the first half, but Storm Johnson picked up the slack and willed the 'Canes to a 38-13 win. Johnson carried the ball 22 times for 209 yards and 3 touchdowns. Miami will have to be more balanced and take better care of the ball if they hope to beat North Carolina next week.

5. Iron Mickey

North Carolina is going to whoop dat ass!!

Hey, JCA, either text me when you got a minute or hit me up on AIM bud. Quick question

6. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri takes down Kansas State 44-0. They started out tough on D, holding me to 0 points in the 1st quarter and a field goal once I finally got within scoring range. They following kickoff the returner took the ball all the way to my 15 yard line before fumbling the ball on a tackle and things starting clicking from there. The defense was ball hawking today forcing 2 fumbles and 2 INTs in a blowout victory at home for Missouri.

7. Iron Mickey

Mizzou is on a roll....and seem to be playing good D now too

8. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma builds a 35-0 lead before putting in the scrubs early in the third quarter, and then prevailing 45-19. Of slight concern, is that both freshmen running backs are treating the ball like a wet noodle (3 lost fumbles).

9. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina rolls into South Bend and takes apart the Irish 37-13. One of the two Irish TDs was a pick six, and the defense gave up less than 250 yards on the game. FS John Cook has his first multi pick game, intercepting two Notre Dame passes on the day, to help bolster the claim that he is indeed the top FS in the nation. K John Holt did have the first missed kick off his career as he pushes a 47 yarder in 14 MPH winds. Next week USC will head back home to take on the Volunteers of Tennessee

10. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC whips the Virginia Cavs, 49-6. The Tar Heels are now prepared for their big game against Miami. North Carolina will take this trip to Miami seriously and will be there in South Beach strictly to handle Bitness!

11. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Surprisingly tough game in Knoxville as Bama beats Tennessee 24-16.

12. Iron Mickey

You dont fucking know....(See the A&M Endzone Highlight and that gives you a look-in to tonight's game)

Texas A&M comes to Stillwater and kicks are mother fucking ass for the 2nd Year in a Row. Mother fucker wasnt even close. Could not stop a fucking thing all day. They are a better tram talent wise but this was just an aweful showing with about 10 Oklahoma State recruits in the stands.....

Final:

Ok. State 42
    Texas A&M 69

13. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ouch, man that sucks. I guess they just have your number.

14. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Nebraska gets the close win by a last second fg to take the win over Texas. We really had a hard time getting there offense of the field. We just made plays and forced turnovers when needed. Hardest game i ever had in this year installment of ncaa

Final 23-20

15. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Damn G that was a pretty ridiculous catch. They are very tough, I barely beat them; I was up 35-33 and managed to punch one in at the very end, but they were extremely close to beating me too.

16. Iron Mickey

The Big 12 teams are bullshit with the CPU....they all run the hurry-up....but the cocksuckers come out in a heavy (or 2TE) set so you pick a base D to play against it and these cock suckers run hurry-up and fuck you by cheesing the hell out of you by going crazy and not staying within the original on-field personell going into 4 and 5 WR sets so I get fucked in the ass all kinds of ways....LMAO.

I dont know if it has been an issue for the other Big 12 Users or not....for me it has....especially against the better Big 12 teams like Texas/Texas A&M

17. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Yeah I have noticed it, they get you especially if you are in a man to man D. I usually hope for an incomplete pass or have to have them go out of bounds, haha.

18. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Playing Texas sucks. All they do is the hurry up offense. They just butt rap you going up and down the field

19. egofailure

Man, looks like GSU lost a tough one to Clemson.

JC' will be done with my ACC preview tomorrow. I just want everyone to know that it was written well prior to last/this week's games being played. Why? Because then you'll appreciate the genius behind my predictions. ; )

Sorry for the loss, GSU. Let us know how it went down ..

20. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

gosh 69 points it just wasnt your night man.

but Florida beats Mississippi State 52-9. I struggled to get a run game going till i put my second string in in the 4th quarter, Mac brown scored 3 times and ran for over 100 yards in one quarter.(i wasnt trying to run it up) He made some nice moves and will be well rewarded, he is now my starting running back. Next week we face a UGA team that is looking good we will have to play stout to get a win.

21. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

you want to know how that bullshit went down. Here it is:
    The game loads its raining. I'm thinking in my head another fucking cpu game in the rain(makes 3 out 4)! I win the toss elect to kick off. I get ahead 14-7 but that damn Clemson no huddle offense wont back down. we go at it for 3Qtrs with me barely keeping the lead or me scoring and them answering. 4th Quarter starts i'm like we can hold on and win(we need to win, we have to win)..Clemson takes the lead late in the 4th and then the game gets interesting. I have already lost my leading WR for the game(didn't even bother to look and see if it was for longer). I get the ball with about 1:50 left on the clock start driving the field. Get on the right side of the 50, decide to run the ball hole opens back attacks for nice yards. I try to dive to avoid getting hit and possible fumble. Wouldn't you know he fumbles Clemson recovers! Very Next play their RB gets the biggest hole i have ever seen and takes it to the house. I get the ball back start throwing he long ball for the quick score by george i got 6pts and the xp. Go for the onside with under a min left they recover then go 4 and out. by then there is about 30seconds left. I have one time out to drive 70yds. I make some good plays until i get on the 40 heading in for the score. 10 seconds left with no timeouts. I throw 2 bombs neither one gets caught game over!!!!!!!!! Fuck me to death. I had the easiest road ever to the ACC Championship game with only one user game. I could have possible lost the game against Drunken tomorrow and still make it if i didn't lose to the cpu. Now tomorrow's game becomes one for the Divison title!

Drunken there are alot of pissed off Turtles waiting on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]

Ya betta watch out Drunken

23. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

dang GSU sounds like an awful loss, that fumble sounds like total BS.

24. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Clemson beat me last year, those bastards are tough, but thankfully i have a shot at making the ACC Championship game now and some revenge on JCA or RTP as i had both of them on the ropes and couldnt deliver a win in either game. Should be another great battle week 9 GSU, as your last second win last year still stings

25. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Yeah i'm looking forward to it..Been looking forward to it ever since the game last year. i know how much it would mean to come to my house and return the favor.
    Side note: Maryland fans have all been asked to wear "RED" to create a "RED OUT"