(Y5) California Golden Bears Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by the_rhinoceros, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Cal 30
    Wash St 13

QB Brett Powell, injured in last week's game, was unable to suit up today, so sophomore Matt Hall got the start. The good thing about having two bad QBs is that it doesn't matter when one of them gets hurt... Unless of course they both get hurt. Hall got injured in the 1st Quarter forcing Coach Bumpers to put his emergency third QB in the game: 255 lb Tight End Carl Parks. WR Robert Whitehead actually took some snaps under center too. "It was a real cluster foul-up out there," Coach Bumpers said. "But I'm not burning a red shirt on a four star QB against Washington State. My crippled granny could beat those sorry mother hubbards."

Cal leaned on it's defense and running game and went into the half trailing 7-6. Matt Hall returned to start the 2nd half and the Bears promptly put 21 points on the board.

HB Leslie Holmes is looking increasingly studly. He had 107 yards and a TD on just 11 carries.
    OLB Chris McCain was an unstoppable force, recording 4 tackles, a sack, a forced fumble and an interception as well as pressuring the QB several times.

Cal host rival USC next week.

2. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Cal 17
    USC 20

The Bears choke the game away in the 2nd half. Injuries, fumbles, interceptions, dropped passes and missed tackles.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Cal 13
    ASU 0

Cal recievers dropped another 8 passes (two that would have been TDs) bringing the season total to 31 drops through 6 games. But the defense won the game. Pick Six and a shutout. Coach Bumpers only hopes that once his first recruiting class gets on the field, the tide will turn offensively because this is bad football team.

[​IMG]

4. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Cal 31
    UCLA 56

I threw 7 interceptions. 4 of them were returned for TDs. Maybe I need to get used to the new sliders, but the defense was running my routes and there a few magically jumping LBs. Also, my QB is short (5-11) and was getting his throws tipped alot at LOS.

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Cal 48
    OSU 14

The Bears beat the hell out of Oregon State.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Cal 49
    Arizona 21

Cal manhandles Arizona

Despite turning the ball over 4 times, Cal had no problems beating Arizona. Sophomore QB Matt Hall threw four interceptions, but had by far the greatest output of his lackluster career in throwing for 4 TDs and 335 yards on just 19 attempts and a 77% completion percentage. In fact, only two of his passes hit the ground as the other misses were caught by the opposition. The Cal defense also scored again this week with a 75 yard interception for a TD. HB Eric Moore averaged 10.4 yards per carry on 7 touches for 73 yards and two touchdowns.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.