(Y5) Notre Dame - Inside The Irish

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by xGRIDIRONxGURUx, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

ND updates

2. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

Notre Dame 38 - 35 Stanford
    Pick six that tied the game as showed on ESPN's Sportscenter
    [​IMG]

Notre Dame finds it's 4 leaf clover against Stanford in a shocking game that had first emptied the stadium, but returned the crowd to their seats with a thrilling victory over Stanford. Notre Dame started off slow, sluggish, poorly, (insert any negative adjective here) against the Cardinals, and just couldn't seem to slow down the offense that was firing away on the newly tested Coach GURU and his defense. GURU stated, "I literally was scratching my head, the right calls, the right plays, people were where they needed to be, but we couldn't catch a break. They just outplayed us in the first half, lucky for us, you have to play both halves!"

Notre Dame did just that heading into the locker room down 35-14 with really, nothing to show for the previous half of football they played other than 2 fortunate scores that really came off of lucky breaks. When all looked to be lost, Coach GURU went to the chalkboard and drew up some impromptu defense that had not been planned or practiced, but hoping against all hopes that it would work, he committed to it. Sure enough it paid off, and the Irish defense sparked a frenzy forcing 5 INT's in the second half, ONE of which was a pick six that tied the game up at 35 all.

With one minute and change left on the clock, the defense yet again, forced another quick decision and capitalized off the turnover by kicking the go-ahead field goal to take the lead with only seconds left on the clock, 38-35.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "E"

3. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

4. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"E"

• Like Like x 1
  5. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

6. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

ND 31-0 Army

updates coming as soon as i can snap the screen shots of the stats, i can get the window to pop up but its random games...

"E"

7. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

Notre Dame takes down #2 USC in a very tight game 17-14... here are some video highlights... stats coming later today...

The opening of the game showed to be a special day for the Irish as they chose to kick off to the highly ranked and very powerful USC team. On only the third play of the game Notre Dame intercepted a pass taking it all the way back for 6 which would prove to be vital in this rivalry battle.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/59478647 (pick six)

After a few exchanges of punts things started to spice up again for the Notre Dame defense with yet another huge interception in the end zone as USC threatened to score.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/59478726 (all user pick btw )

Second half was a struggle to try to run out the clock against a very stingy USC defense but i was able to get my read option game going enough to choke down on the time, which in the end turned out to be a huge scare in the game...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/59478854

BUT, of course i stalled a few times and had to try and push the ball down for a FG which just did not happen but, but was able to capture this highlight that is something that needs to be seen...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/59478829 (pay close attention to this... vs MAN with a TE vs a LB... Flood Switch is the play... this is what im talking about with you guys on throwing INTO the break and not OUT of the break... no QB throws the ball AFTER a break... why there is so many problems with these sliders... forces you to play smarter and faster)

So at this point is 14-10 with the Irish up on the Trojans, and with :53 left in the game USC put together a NICE set of plays and some really great open field running by their RB who broke 1K yards for the season in this game. The FIGHTING IRISH... had some fight in them as they took the kickoff and drove 87 yards to clinch the game with only :06 left with this play... When asked about the call Coach GURU said, "We were literally down to 4th & Goal from the 4, there was no second chance for this play, it had to be right, and it had to be RIGHT NOW. Lining up in Quads to boundary and just letting everyone settle into space and provide a target was our best bet. We did have another time out left, if we would have had another down we may have run it, but the situation presented itself and we fortunately snatched it and held on to it."

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/59478954

"E"

8. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.