Archived (Y5) Preview Questions Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 24, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

For this season we're going with every coach writing their own season preview. Their will be no dictating of how this is suppose to be written but we need to have some 'set' questions answered for every coach. Now I'll start this off and if you have any questions you want every coach to answer please add to the list.

Preseason Questions to be answered:

• Who are your top 3 players returning this season? How will they impact the season?
    • Players who have moved on that you'll miss this season? Prediction for their replacements?
    • Areas of concern. Example: "I have some young guys on the line, Joe Blow (12OVR), is my starting guard."
    • What will you 'rest your hat on'? Example: "My defensive secondary are all seniors and rated 99, if they play well we win"
    • If you go 1-11, who would you want that 1 win to come against?
    Here are some things that sdid covers. Great topics:

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We'll put scholarship allotments in there as well... about to go spy on a sdiddy thread to find some more ?s

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida Gators 2014 Pre-Season Press Conference

Coach 2Bits steps to the mic and the floor is now open for questions:

Who are your top 3 players returning this season? How will they impact the season?
    Tough question. No really. We have a lot of guys coming back this season who will make a significant impact. Let's start on defense with Dominique Easley and Sharrif Floyd up the middle. Melvin Blake and Dylan Zeigler at LB will also be huge contributors, not to mention Randall McClain at CB.

On offense look to our WR core. Gray, Dunkley, and Robinson are arguably the best trio in America.

Players who have moved on that you'll miss this season? Prediction for their replacements?
    Trey Burton on offense is a huge loss for us. Say what you want about his talent level, he took this team to a step away from a national championship. We are confident that Anthony Swain will step in and run the offense well.

Any areas of concern?
    We have two new starters in the secondary, but both guys are highly talented and were top notch recruits. We feel good about them back their. So to answer your question, no.

What will you "rest your hat on" this season?
    Stick to the "plan to win." Play great defense, execute on offense, and win the turnover battle.

If you were to go 1-11, whom would you want to beat for that 1 win?
    LSU in Atlanta. It is clear to everyone that LSU / Florida has become THE rivalry in the SEC and arguably the entire country. In 7 games we have beaten them 5 times, but their two victories have come in SEC title games. I would trade our 5 for those 2. Needless to say, we have that game circled on the calendar.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This wasn't the thread but I'll just move this over for you bruh:) The title of the thread is confusing my bad:)

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

no worries.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Another question: Would it make sense for everyone to just post their team previews in their conference blogs? Or should we keep them together?

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I say keep them together. I was also thinking that we could call the thread "The Press Room" or something to that effect. We can just have pressers continue in the thread all season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'd be down to toss some questions to people... if you start the 'Press Room' thread I'll find a pic to stamp 'Chaos' on:)

9. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

I was just thinking of this for my content but you can do it Jerzey since you posted it first....I'll think of something else.

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Ticket - no reason you can't "run" the press room each week and post questions for coaches.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@ticketp1

This season everyone will be bloggin' in their conference blogs. With our current pace that would be the easiest way for everyone to keep up but still contribute great content. You can 'run' the press room if you like

12. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Ok, I'll do that. We can roll with the questions Jerzey posted for season previews and I'll do weekly coaches interviews. I'm thinking I'll do it with coaches that have big user vs. user games or big conference matchups.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Cool. And others will help you anytime you need it. I have a pic, so whenever you make the thread I'll post it in there;)

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I just made the thread (sorry). Feel free to change it however you want.

15. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Bits got the thread up, I'll copy and paste your first post about what we want on the previews and you can add your pic.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok, I'm feeling it right now bruh... almost gone:)