(Y5) Recruiting Home

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by ChildPlease9, Dec 10, 2011.

1. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Recruiting Restrictions
    For NCAA 12, we are instituting a new system for restricting user recruiting classes. Five-star recruits will be capped based on current team prestige. Six-star programs may sign only four five-star recruits, five-star programs may sign only five five-star recruits, four-star programs may sign only six five-star recruits, and so forth. Furthermore, the sum of four-star and five-star recruits may never exceed twelve.

For example, if you are a six-star program, you may sign up to four five-star players. If you sign the maximum of four, your four-star recruits are capped at eight. However, if you sign zero five-star recruits, you may sign up to twelve four-star players.

Three-star recruits and lower are not capped, as long as you stay within your scholarship allotment. As a reminder, one-star recruits do not count towards scholarship limits.

Penalties:

• First Offense: All players causing the user to go over the violated restriction must be cut. Each player cut will result in the loss of two scholarships for the following season.
    • Second Offense: In addition to the penalties outlined for first-time offenders, the user will also lose access to all players in the SPARQ 100 for the following season.
    • Third Offense: In addition to the aforementioned penalties, the user will face a serious discussion with the commissioner and the board about your inability to abide by rules in order to come up with a solution to the problem.

Note: Current program prestige levels must be reported by each user at the start of every season.

2. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    The Buckeyes picked up 2 instant commits in Week 1 of recruiting.​
    anderson.png
    Anderson is the #4 QB in the nation and is in the ESPN top 150. The Buckeyes have a lot of Scrambling QBs on their roster so they sought out a highly touted balanced QB and Anderson fit the bill.​
    powell.png
    Powell is the #8 G in the nation and is in the ESPN top 150. He appears to be pretty well rounded and that should fit into Ohio State's offense pretty well.​

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Hawkeyes Sign First Recruit of '15-'16 Season

Terrence Owens is a depth signing for the Iowa Hawkeyes who will take some time to develop, but has the skills to start one day on the Hawkeye D-Line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Three very good players have agreed to play football in Columbia prior to week one with all of the hype surrounding our up-an-coming program.​
    Jackson.png
    Jackson is a hometown kid who's an absolute freak athlete. He's rock solid, weighing a stout 203 pounds at six foot two. He has good speed and acceleration but can absolutely jump out of the gym. His routes are polished for a seventeen year old and he has above average hands at this stage. Jackson will join an already potent young core of receivers and will have the ability to redshirt early to continue to develop as a receiver.​
    Hagen.png
    Hagen is another guy who joins a position of depth at defensive tackle. He's an absolute moose, but he pursues the ball well after getting off the block. He is strong, tackles well, and has a variety of moves in the trenches. The depth at defensive tackle is quickly making us consider a 4-3 defense in the future.​
    Stevenson.png
    Stevenson is a guy who will need some time to develop at the linebacker position. He's very good in the run game, but he lacks the coverage skills required to make an impact and stay on the field for three downs. He could see a move to outside linebacker in the blitz-heavy 3-4, but we think he could excel as a weak side defensive end in a 4-3 defense.​

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  7. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

[​IMG]
    Kyle Walker is from our main recruiting state, Ohio. He's short, very short, but he won't need to play till his RS JR year so there is plenty of time. He has good quickness, good agility, and can break some tackles. We'll have to move the pocket around to get him some throws. We'll probably just be subbing him in for our mobile packages and he'll be a situational QB. He filled a position of need as far as depth is concerned.​

8. Joe_THEDREAM

[​IMG]
    Very Excited about Issah Hill. He is an absolute beast. At 6'4" he covers a lot of ground, solid tackler, and has great acceleration. He can shed blocks and come up with those critical INTs. Look for him to get some time after his RS year. Very excited to have him.​

9. Joe_THEDREAM

[​IMG]

Like every year we land another 5* WR. Andrew was born to play for michigan. He told us that he wanted to come to michigan and no where else. He was low hanging fruit, and while we don't need WRs for the next two seasons to play, he will be a player who gets plenty of time a few years down the road after some development. We'll be looking to add another WR in this class as we like to take two a year when we have more than ten scholarships available.​

10. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

[​IMG]
    Only need this year was TE, in season recruiting met, lol:​
    • Cameron Myrick is the future, with the departure of my top two TE's will be seeing playing time next fall, as we switch to the spread, good hands, good speed for being 260lbs, will a good anchor for years to come.
    • Jack Poe, will redshirt, with the philosophy change in offense, wish I could take this ship back and use it on a WR, oh well.

11. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

@chaoticut Was a good battle with you this year looks like I am going to lose out on the DE, SS and another poss I cant think of because I a SO PISSED about it lol

ChaoticUT

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  12. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Seems like we've been going at it for almost every play on my board. I think you have a solid shot at the SS though

13. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    cooley.png
    The Buckeyes have gotten a commitment from the #8 DT and an ESPN 150 player in this year's class. Cooley is undersized for a DT and isn't a physical beast but he​
    won't be starting as a freshmen. In a few years, he should be a quality player for Ohio State.​

14. ChaoticUT

The Vols have signed 4 recruits so far.... 3 of those those the #1 player at their position, and the 4th? Kevin Roberson the #2 Guard in the nation. This class is definitely buying into what Coach Chaotic is selling and could be the best yet for the Tennessee program under the tenure of the Coach Chaotic.
    1.JPG

15. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    The Buckeyes signed their corner backs of the future this week. With just 1 senior, Ohio State already has depth here so these players will likely be​
    redshirted next season and not get playing time for a while. Harris is an especially special player though as he was the #2 CB in the Nation and an ESPN Top 150 player.​
    harris.png
    fitzpatrick.png

16. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Barrett.png
    Barrett is a very good coverage corner who should do well in our schemes. He's great in press coverage, whether it's man or zone schematics. He has good enough speed and accelerates well and could step into a nickel role as a freshman with his great recognition abilities.​
    Ferguson.png
    Ferguson is a strong kid who will move to strong side linebacker for us in our 3-4. He is a raw talent but could contribute early as a pass rusher.​
    Johnson.png
    Johnson is a burner who will contribute immediately in the return game with the loss of stud Damiere Byrd. He will begin his career as a corner but will need to improve his man coverage skills before stepping into a starting role.​
    Sykes.png
    Sykes is a strong kid who will be a good 3-4 strong side end. He doesn't have great speed, but he's very good in the run game and has an uncanny ability to get to the passer.​
    Walter.png
    Walter is the guy we're most excited about thus far in this year's class. While he lacks ideal height for a tackle, we think he's going to turn into a first round pick on the blind side. He has great strength, but his ability to protect the passer is way beyond his years at this stage in his development.​

17. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    fields.png

The Buckeyes get another 4 star lineman. This one is the #4 center in the country. His stats don't look amazing but he won't be playing right away anyway. ​
    Should hopefully be a key player for Ohio State once he gets on the field.​

18. Joe_THEDREAM

Looks pretty good to me. Mobility is huge at the center positon, he has that plus strength. Good get.

19. Joe_THEDREAM

[​IMG]
    Above is our class to date. We're adding several DBs. Some very good OL that'll play down the road. We finally landed the DT we needed and will be looking to get 1-2 more before the season is over. Everyone will probably be redshirted as we don't need anyone. Maybe a SS won't be. Below, i'll highlight a few of the headliners of the class.​
    [​IMG]
    Hill is a guy that may not red shirt. He's has great size at 6'4". We may need him to be the first SS in, we'll see. Great Speed, not amazing in coverage but good. Good tackle, Good catching, good block shedding. Not going to knock anyone out, but if he can get there, ​
    [​IMG]
    Travis Garcia is another good player. Good size, 6'2" Good speed, probably a SS as i like my FS's to be VERY fast. He tackles well and can shed blocks. Closer to the LOS the better. He'll probably get a RS and then be the first safety in as a RS FR. Good prospect that is well rounded. Look forward to seeing him on the field.​
    [​IMG]
    Scott More is an important recruit. He has good size, great speed and is the #1 corner. We'll look to take a top flight corner every year. He's also from florida, which is critical this season because we need to keep that pipeline open. ​
    [​IMG]
    James Jenkins is the #1 Center in the country. We like him because he is great in the run, has great strength and speed for a center. We also beat fred for him, which is always a plus. We have a good center just one class ahead of him, so, unless we move that guy, he will not see the field for a long time.​

20. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    All I really meant is that he may be the #4 center but that doesn't really compare to the other #4 OL spots. My #8 guard looks like he's potentially the better player. I'm sure he'll be good and play a lot down the road but he's going to need some work and time.

21. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    sanders.png
    Vic Janowicz, Bob Ferguson, Howard Cassidy, Archie Griffin, and Eddie George. By the end of his collegiate career, Howard Sanders should have his name​
    alongside those Buckeye greats. Coach HAL is extremely excited to have picked up him and thinks he will be a very special player. Not only that, but​
    being from the state of the Texas will help Ohio State build a pipeline in it.​

22. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Bruins Recruiting Class as of week 10
    [​IMG]
    Players to Watch Next Season:​
    • DT Kawika Ingraham, will come and see much playing time at 303lbs a clogger with a great bull rush to sure up the middle for the Bruins.
    • QB Micheal Jackson, the heir to Brett Hundley's thrown may redshirt if offseason training leads to servicable QB on the current roster but A- acc, my type of QB.
    • C, Dustin Johnson, Bruins are hunting for anyone to take control of this position, hopefully Johnson is the guy, undersized at 267lbs, but very mobile.
    • TE Cameron Myrick, big kid thats more of a blocker than reciever which fits the Bruins offense perfectly, can separate from some linebackers, but will see most of his time in 2TE sets next season.
    Bruins have 2 scholarships left on the year, and look to add some quality to the dline and oline.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  23. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Untitled.png
    Charles is a guy who we coveted and is the highest rated recruit to commit to SC thus far this season. He continues a trend of prospects who we grade very highly yet other schools fail to recruit at all. Last year it was Sutton, who is starring on the field; this year it's Charles, who will compete for a starting spot at quarterback as a true freshman.​

24. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I'll be interested to see how he turns out. I'm pretty sure I was in his top 3 at the start of the season and thought about going after him. I got the week 1 instant commit from the #4 QB though and decided not to.

25. ChaoticUT

ATH huh? I wonder what other position he would play but QB? haha