(Y5) Tennessee Vols Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

WEEK 1
    Tennessee Obliterates NC State 63-17

If coach nrg_qbz can keep delivering results like this, the Volunteers will be keeping him around for a long time. In his first game as the head ball coach, nrg_qbz guided his team towards a dominant victory against a solid Wolf Pack squad. QB Derron Holmes was sensational, completing 16/20 passes for 320 yards and 5 TD's, with almost all of that coming in the first half. HB Aaron Cannon spearheaded the ground game by rushing for 102 yards and 1TD. On the flipside, although the Volunteers gave up 369 yards through the air, they only allowed 24 yards on the ground. "This was a total team effort," said Holmes. "After last seasons debacle, we're just glad to start over. Having coach nrg_qbz on our side definitely helps."

The Wolf Pack had no answer for Holmes or Cannon. In fact, they didn't have an answer for Meline either. Ted Meline, that is. Meline would return a kickoff 95 yards for a TD. He didn't stop there, as he later returned a punt 66 yards for another TD. "Oh man, that was out of control," said teammate Cannon. "Ted was just doing his thing man. If those runs don't end up on ESPN, then I don't know what to say!"

Oh...my...goodness. That is all I have to say about my QB. There's something about his movement and delivery that just makes me shake my head in awe. He's probably the best QB I've played with...and I had Kaepernick in season 1 folks. Holmes could have a monster, MONSTER year. How the hell did this team SUCK last season?

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Tennessee Defeats Oklahoma State 28-13

Ranked for the first time all season, the Vols knew they were in for a fight against the dangerous Oklahoma State squad. Sophomore RB Aaron Cannon fumbled the ball on the second play of the game, giving the Cowboys tremendous field position. However, they were unable to capitalize and were forced to kick a FG. Wasting no time, junior sensation Darron Holmes lead Tennessee down the field and connected with WR John Carter for a 19 yard TD pass. Just as the homecrowd was getting into it, the Cowboys stunned the opposition with a fantastic 99 yard kick-off return for a TD.

Down 7-10 to start the second quarter, Darron Holmes hit paydirt once again, this time with a 47 yard strike to WR Justin Hunter. After forcing Oklahoma State to another FG, the Volunteers took possession of the ball with 39 seconds left on the clock. With 11 seconds left before halftime, Holmes would somehow find the endzone once more, with Hunter hauling in another TD catch for 29 yards.

Holding onto a 21-13 halftime lead, Tennessee would trade punts with Oklahoma State during a very tense 3rd quarter. The Volunteers finally broke through on a 39 yard TD catch by HB Cannon, which in effect, would be the final score of the game. Despite having more turnovers (3 to 1) and less time of possession (12 to 16), the Volunteers somehow managed to find a way to win. "Oklahoma State is going to be a handful for a lot of teams this year," said coach nrg_qbz. "I am just glad that our guys continued to keep their heads up despite facing intense pressure from the Cowboys."

GG ChildPlease...this game was a lot closer than it looks. Had you been able to turn at least one of those many redzone possessions into touchdowns, we might be looking at a different outcome!

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Tennessee Continues to Roll over the SEC, Wins 47-7 Against Auburn​

[​IMG]

Heisman contender Derron Holmes threw for 347 yards and 4TD's as the Tennesee Volunteers rolled over Auburn...at HALFTIME. TE Ray Caldwell caught three of those touchdown passes for 65 yards while WR's Ted Meline and John Carter nearly had 100 yards receiving as well. "That was an absolute clinic. Derron was just doing his thing," said coach nrg_qbz. "I don't know if we could have played any better in the first half. Well maybe in the running game." HB Aaron Carter ran for only 16 yards on 8 carries. His backup for the second half, Marcus Anderson, ran for 55 yards on 17 carries. "We are just totally focused right now. That loss to Virginia really opened up our eyes on what we needed to do on offense," said Holmes.

The Volunteers defense held Auburn to 185 yards passing and 54 yards rushing. They also forced 4 turnovers and dominated time of possession 19 minutes to 9 minutes.

After giving Florida and Auburn a beatdown for the ages, Tennesee looks poised to take over their division. "We're not really looking at the SEC championship game. Are you kidding me?!?! There is a lot of games left," said Holmes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.