(Y5) Week 6 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

week 6 posted up at 2 pm

2. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Michigan Rolls past LSU 45-14
    [​IMG]
    Schneider keeps his heisman campaign alive against the Bayou Bengals. Scheider finished with 25 carries for 205 yards and 4 TDs. He also had over 100 yards returning kicks and converted key first downs in the passing game with 2 catches for 26 yards, both of which got us first downs on third down. To say the least, he was a monster. ​
    On defense, we we're able to swarm the ball carrier and play the ball in the air well. We kept ford guessing with different coverages and the ability for my tall, fast FS/SS combo to get back deep and play the ball. I call a variety of defenses in many different formations trying to keep my opponent off rhythm, it worked this game. Overall, the turning point in the game was a big hit on a zone biltz package that dropped former MLB, now DE Brendan Beyer into coverage. He laid the boom to landry on a crossing route right after he caught it, causing the fumble. After that play i believe we we're able to go up 14-3 and never looked back!​
    Good luck the rest of the season ford! I'll be rooting for you!​

3. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Alabama Out Lasts Florida 38-35 in Offensive Shot-Out

In a game that going in looked to be a defensive and running game turned into an wild offensive shoot out. Florida behind John Crow started strong and jumped out to a 7-3 lead. Florida used their strong rushing attack while the Gator defense shut down the Crimson Tide run game. In the 2nd Qtr Alabama got a pick 6 from Clinton Dix to retake the lead at 10-7. Alabama scored once again with 41 seconds left in the half and what it thought was a 17-7 lead. But the Gators had other ideas as they drove quickly down the field and scored a 30 yard TD pass with 7 seconds left to make it 17-14 at the break. In the 3rd qtr John Crow got the running game going again as HB Dave Butler scored twice to give the Gators a 28-17 lead late in the 3rd Qtr. The Crimson Tide countered with 2 TD from Tim Cutler in less than 2 minutes and going into the final Qtr it was 31-28 Alabama. The two teams traded possessions throughout the final period until late when Cutler scored again from 26 yards out to give the Crimson Tide a 38-28 lead. But the Gators were not ready to call it a game yet as they answered with 23 seconds remaining to pull within 38-35. After a failed on-side attempt the Crimson Tide ran out the clock and got the win.
    It was a great game by John Crow and and if not for the pick 6 I'm not sure I could have turned the momentum in my favor. After that play my team played differently and started making plays on offense.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Vols enjoy bye week spending time putting together another solid recruiting class

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

vandy2.png vandy.png
    We pulled out a win over vandy we played a solid game.​

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  6. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

7. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

8. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

9. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Josh Brooks, Buckeyes Run Over Minnesota
    [​IMG]
    minn1.png
    minn2.png
    minn3.png
    The Buckeyes faced the Golden Gophers this week and it was a total mismatch. While Ohio State gave up 170 rushing yards, 148 of those were from broken tackles and some good plays made by David Cobb. Outside of those few plays that came mostly in the 1st quarter, Minnesota couldn't run or pass. The Buckeyes' passing game wasn't in top form but it didn't need to thanks to their dominance on the ground with 267 rushing yards behind their RBs.​
    Upcoming: Ohio State has a big game against Notre Dame. The Irish have regained their traditional form and it's sure to be a tough game for the Buckeyes.​

10. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

11. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Florida Loses 38-35 to Bama

Florida led with 2:26 left in the third quarter 28-17 and self destructed and going into the 4th quarter trailed 31-28. Jacoby Brissett was 17-26 for 302 yards 2 TDs. It was the 3 interceptions that hurt Florida. Dave Butler had 18 carries for 151 yards. With Ja Juan Story out with an injury Donta hemphill did a nice job filling in with 7 catches for 134 yards.

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Ducks knock off Colorado 38-35 due to a 4th quarter 21 point effort by the Ducks.
    TF during the game and no highlights

13. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I posted above already call off the doggs

• Like Like x 1