(Y6) 2015 Week 10 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your scores here men!!

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina continues to play good football beating Arkansas 48-7. Second string players got significant playing time in this one and some guys showed that they have the potential to be great players when their number is called. Nobody had great stats because the didn't get to play a whole lot, but Matthews was solid and did this thing, and most importantly didn't have any big errors. Byrd had ten carries but went over the century mark thanks to a 45 yard run, his longest of the season. Next week USC will host the mighty Gators who they haven't beaten in two years. The Gators are coming off back-to-back National Championship and the Gamecocks will be looking to take it to them.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The Auburn Tigers take care of Kentucky 35-7 on the road. Although pleased with the victory, I was a bit disappointed again with the QB play. Early on, it seemed as though the switch finally came on for Brad Freeman. He made every read, and each throw was money. However, due in part to bad coaching, the "perfect game" soon lost steam. After a big stop with about a minute to go in the Half (up 21-0), I made the decision to try to get into FG range. As a result, Freeman forced it into zone coverage for the pick. KU would then score as the half expired on a tricky screen pass.

Then in the 3rd quarter, a botched screen pass in the red zone lead to Freeman throwing the ball away inside the lines. The intentional grounding penalty was called, leading to a 2nd and goal from the 20. Attempting to make up ground, another ball was forced and intercepted. Later on in the quarter, Freeman attempted to take advantage of one on one coverage, but KU's CB won the battle for his 3rd pick of the game.

The Tiger defense stayed strong and forced another 3 and out, so at that point, I decided to give Brad the rest of the day off and play my backups. 4th-string HB Jeff Clay lead the way on the ground, and then sophomore QB Jonathon Jordan made a perfect read/pass on the audibled slant, putting the Tigers up 35-7 (highlight).

Just for the fuck of it, I included two KU highlights just to show the kind of CPU plays that piss me off week to week.

4. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC gets a much needed bye week after losing 2 out of their last 3 games. The Tar Heels hope to finish out the season strong and hopefully find themselves in a BCS at large bowl game.

Bye Week complete.

5. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri travels to Boulder and holds off a stingy Colorado team. They have some slot receivers that can fly. They scored two TDs on slot receiver flies. I looked up their stats and they have 1 with 96 speed and another with 99 speed. Once again Matt Newman runs through the defense. This kid is ridiculous. He is averaging 12 yards a carry this year. He tallied 11 carries for 207 yards and 2 TDs. Up and coming 6'7'' WR Bryant McColllum is finally back from injury and contributed with 6 catches totaling 70 yards and 2 TDs as well. Anthony Hargrove was very efficient going 11/13 for 154 yards and 3 TDs. The defense was missing a lot of tackles this game, we need to address this in the coming weeks.

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Tennessee beats Ark State 34-21. Final score closer than game was as Coach GSU put in the back ups at the start of the 4th Qtr with the Vols leading 31-7. QB Vincent once again let his arm get the best of him throwing 2 picks which were no where near the WRs. Up next is a much needed by week before finishing out the season against rival Vandy and Kentucky

7. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma has a bit of a Okie State hangover and defeats A&m 28-7. Corny Turner goes for 154 and breaks a couple of long touchdown runs. Backup RB is lost for nine weeks (and the season).

8. egofailure

Tuc', if I remember correctly, that backup of yours is pretty sick, right?

9. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I was using both sophomores (I was lucky to get two 5* Rb in one class) and Stewart got most of the carries last season. I went into the season thinking that they would split carries but Turner has just been better. He breaks more tackles and doesn't fumble. Stewart was pretty good (and preseason AA) but likely had his last carry of 2015.

10. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State defeats Texas 24-20

Cowboys got a nice lead and then faltered on offense when Casey Hill strained his back (out 2 weeks)

11. egofailure

It was towards the end of the 1st page ... and then all the good shit in the thread started happening on the second page, so I never flipped back. It was like 2 AM this morning when I finally spotted it. I think many of us missed it, but we apparently have a lot of outside visitors.

Anyway, let's try and find a positive in all this. Maybe Funk will get distracted by all this hoopla and head into the Iron Bowl unprepared? ; )

12. Iron Mickey

I think so!!!! :p

13. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Clemson beats Maryland 38-23. I will post summaries for this and my game @ GT tonight.

14. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Funk is definitely not racist, just a poor choice in pictures. All of us who know Funk, understand the intent of his post, but it is a public board and we need to be mindful of that. We are a Premier PS3 League, so outsiders are going to come to our board, especially given the amount and quality of content produced here, so we have to think about the example we are setting. I wish whoever reported Funk had talked to him first and asked him to take the picture down, but that wasn't the route chosen, unfortunately.

In dynasty news, Miami wins their 8th in a row, beating Virginia Tech 42-16 in Blacksburg to improve to 9-1. The 'Canes sit at #6 in the BCS Standings and if a few chips fall their way and they can win out, there is a path to the National Championship Game. Dominique Ewing continues his assault on the Miami Record Book hauling in 10 more passes for 195 yards and 2 TDs. Ewing is now the All-Time and Single Season Receiving Yards Leader, as well as the Single Season Receiving Touchdowns Leader for the 'Canes. Miami is off next week before traveling to Texas to face TCU.

15. egofailure

Nebraska wins 35-14 despite beginning the game with a pick-6 (sorry, Drow). Went up 14-7 by slingin' the ball and let super-sim do the rest.