(Y6) 2015 Week 5 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your results here!!

2. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Oklahoma defeats the skeletal remains of Trude's Colorado squad, 38-6

3. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami overcomes a shaky defensive performance with their best offensive game of the season to beat USF 55-20. The Bulls refused to go away and took advantage of a couple Josh Hunt interceptions to keep the game close into the second half until Miami was able to pull away. Josh Hunt had his first career 300-yard passing game and freshman phenom wideout Oscar Powers had his first 100-yard game at The U. Miami improves to 4-1 and will travel to Duke next week looking to improve to 3-0 in the ACC.

4. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri's D shuts down the Jayhawks 38-3 in Lawrence. The secondary looked good today, aside from a drive late in the game. Freshman Anthony Hargrove, had his first game without an INT and Travis Schroeder found the endzone 2 times.

5. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Nebraska gets the win 31-14. It was closer thanthe score. We werew able to get to the qb for 6 saxks

6. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

USC comes away with the luck they needed to maybe salvage this season, as they escape Jordan-Hare thanks mostly to 3 turnovers in the final 2:30 of the game. Auburn led 24-20 with the clock winding down and Auburn trying to but the nail in the coffin. The HB, Pickens, broke a run to the left and broke a few tackles but was then stripped of the ball and USC recovered giving them some slim hope. The Gamecocks would need a TD, and drove down the field and got one on a zone read from Matthews to take a 27-24 lead. On the ensuing kickoff Auburn would fumble the ball in which they appeared to be down but Carolina recovered and now they were the ones trying to finish the game off. After three plays USC was forced to kick a field goal and take a 30-24 lead with 1:30 to go. A shanked kickoff gave Auburn the ball at their forty yard line and a chance to win the game. The first play saw an Auburn WR come wide open by a mistake by Freeman (wrong button press by Ego) threw to a different WR and Bowen made a pick to seal the deal. The offense wasn't great but the defense made enough plays for USC to get their first win and maybe get back on track.

This game was diminished by some lag but it was a great game none the less. Good game ego, sorry about the bad luck there late, I know this will be a first of many great games between us. Good luck the rest of the season.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The Auburn Tigers shockingly fall to the South Carolina Gamecocks 30-24.​

[​IMG]

Truthfully, I've never wanted to pull a 3 year old tantrum, puss-out, and quit this game more in my life. To begin with, the lag was so freakin' bad, I was forced to cut my playbook in half. Play-actions and screens weren't an option. Even on basic runs, my dude would freeze for second and then blam! Tackled. I lucked out a few times, where accidental tosses were caught ... but the entire game was a freakin' struggle. On defense, I couldn't cover a soul manually. I told King mid-game that if I pulled this one out, I'd feel fortunate.

That being said, up 24-20 with 3 and change to go, King goes 3 and out and punts. I get the ball at about the 45 .. and two plays later, my HB fumbles tries to break 300 tackles and fumbles. SCAR recovers and returns it for a TD ... but it's called back on a hold. A couple plays later, he's in. 27-24. Okay, a FG? I can do this.

On the ensuing kickoff, my returner fumbles, though he looked down. No review. I hold King to a FG, 30-24.

On the 1st play of my next drive, I have a dude wide open, the game skips, I panic, and hit the wrong button. Pick. Game over.

King, great win, but I can't help but feel a bit cheated. It makes me feel a bit better that you were due for a win, but it's going to take a while for me to get over this. There's NO doubt that I want you next year at Williams-Brice!

In the meantime, I need to look into a new 'net connection. I live in a big house with condos, and a few of us share a wireless connection. It's never been close to this bad before, but I can't do this again. I need a direct line.

8. egofailure

Let me also say, that despite all my bitching, King made some key plays down the stretch. I don't want to diminish his win at all, for he earned it. It just really makes me feel better to bitch and moan like a menstruating cow.

9. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I am definitely looking forward to the rematch next year. Ya the lag sucked big time, my last kick was at zero bar that's why it went like no where lol. But it was weired because at the beginning of the game it was ok for me then by about the end of the first quarter it had kicked in, and it really changed the game like you said. And I can't enough say how lucky I was on those last three turnovers lol. I guess like you said me being due just swung the game in my favor I guess.

And next year I am pretty sure you are going to see a completely different team. I seriously doubt I am going to keep my playbook. The zone reads and options work ok from time to time but not consistently enough for me to establish a serious running game. But I still have a lot of work let to do to salvage this season.

10. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

You have every right to be upset. I mean you had the game wrapped up until your back fumbles. At that point I was hoping to just hold you to a field goal to have a chance and it wasn't looking good. I made some things happen at times but you out played me overall.

11. egofailure

Thanks again for allowing me to pause the game a few times in the 1st Half to try and solve the lag. It was appreciated. Luckily, I only had one recruit visiting .. but now Oklahoma gets stronger. F--kin' Tucc'!

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya no problem. Oh and that video of the first fumble wouldn't save because of the penalty, I was mad cause I wanted to see it again because it was wild.

13. Iron Mickey

Damn, sounds like another great game. Ego will be looking for revenge!! LoL

14. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya he will be looking for revenge next year, but I'm not going to make it easy on him at all.

15. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC goes down to Tallahassee and steals one from Florida State, 42-21. This game was alot closer than the score and Sabo actually outplayed me. Great game man. Thanks for working with me on the overheated PS3. Looking forward to more battles down the road. Great Game man!

16. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Clemson takes down Wake Forest 44-21 to improve to 4-1 on the year. The Clemson defense was strong today as the Tigers had six interceptions in the game. Although the Demon Deacons were able to put together several strong drives, they would blow their chances by forcing the ball under pressure.

The Clemson offense was led by senior running back Carl Britton. Britton ran 23 times for 138 yards and four touchdowns. Britton was named player of the game and will need to play well again next week against #1 UNC.

17. Iron Mickey

Ok. State beats up on a usually tough Texas Tech team. GG game for us to play well again as we had many recruits visiting the campus and game

Final 40-7

18. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This was definately a great game. Check out the box score. I made some late mistakes that NC took advantage of and it was ultimately the steak in the heart. Great game and ill see ya next year ;)

19. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Tennessee improves to 3-2 on the year by beating Ole Miss 31-21. Once again the Vols spread the ball around the field while getting behind the Oline and running when they wanted. Ole Miss played good for the 1st Half then Tennessee took over the rest of the way in front of the home crowd and a few recruits making their official visit. The Vols will now prepare for a visit from #12 UGA