(Y6) 2015 Week 9 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Nov 20, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Week 9 News/Scores!

The Auburn Tigers win again, as they defeated Ole Miss 52-21. Somehow, it rained again for this one, and of course, sloppy play resulted.

Positives:

- After the Tiger D' allowed two big plays in the first quarter, they buckled down and didn't allow another score all game. Brad Freeman's Pick-6 allowed the 3rd Ole Miss score.

- Sophomore Tyler Hayes recorded his first kickoff TD of his young career. He came into this season with a lot of hype after being named to the Freshmen All-American team last season for his kick return efforts. He was one tackle short of returning another later in the game.

- No injuries.

Negatives:

- While Brad Freeman completed 20 of 24 pass attempts, 3 of those incompletions were interceptions. One in particular made me scream, "Noooo!" To be fair, one pick was a result of a hail mary throw at the end of the 1st half, but the other two were really poor decisions. Throws like that in the Iron Bowl will bury us.

- Penalties. Face mask and holding penalties stunted offensive drives and helped keep Ole Miss' drives alive. There's going to be a lot of running going on Monday for such undisciplined play.

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC loses to Miami at home....their 2nd home loss of the season. The Canes win 27-24 with a short FG as time expires. Dominique Ewing > Casey Hill....and its not even close!

3. egofailure

If I knew you fuckers were playing now, I would have posted my preview instead of acting like a freakin' perfectionist. I thought "The U" was due this season.

Sounds like a classic, though. I'd love to hear the details. With Ewing being a 6'6" red-shirt Senior, I have now doubts that he's a bitch to stop.

4. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

I don't know what the deal is with these Big 12 defenses the past two weeks, but Missouri runs all over ISU 55-28. No passes were thrown past halftime and the backups were in after the first offensive drive in the second half. Matt Newman rushed for 250 yards on 8 carries, 5 of which went for TDs. In all Missouri rushed for 365 yards and 6 TDs. (Chew the clock was on the entire second half).

Oh yeah and ISU ran the fake punt play 4 times in the game, one of which they completed, then went straight into no huddle mode and their punter orchestrated a 4 play TD drive! going 4-4 for 44 yards and a TD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Clemson takes down Georgia Tech 31-6 in Atlanta. More details to follow.

I will get my recruiting done late tonight.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

RTP is too classy to make excuses, Max Jackson was hurt for the game in the first half. Pound said he didn't think that mattered, but Jackson was killing us early and we got lucky when he fumbled inside our 5 yard line on their first possession of the game. Ewing was literally unstoppable, breaking what seemed like millions of tackles, which would've pissed me off to no end had it been the other way around. We did put together a couple of great long drives during the game, but I definitely had luck on my side in this one. Great game RTP. I think I'm about 2-8 against you all-time now, so you've got that to fall back on. Good luck the rest of the way.

7. egofailure

You were due, JC. Great win.

8. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

HAHA! Sounds like they should let him play QB more often.

9. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Yeah I was glad he wasn't their qb for the rest of the game. I didn't bother checking his passer rating, but I bet it was ridiculous. his line was 4-4 44 yards 1 TD 0 INTs. lol.

10. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina wins an offensive shoot out against Tennessee 55-42. This is the first matchup between Coach Petersen and Coach GSU, but it looks like it will turn into a great divisional rivalry. FS John Cook had to be the player of the game despite only having two tackles. He contributed with a pick that sealed the deal and also returned two kickoffs for touchdowns that gave USC a ton of momentum and broke the Vols back. Matthews had a good game throwing for nearly 300 yards and 3 TDs and 0 picks. He also contributed to the ground game with a TD run. Jason Byrd ran hard but his 65 stamina is really starting to bug me, I can't leave him on the field for three consecutive plays, but luckily Cornelius Carroll runs well when he is in there. The Tennessee offense pretty much did whatever they wanted all day long as the WRs were absolute beasts, especially the impact guy (I forget his name).

Great game GSU, this is going a great rivalry for many years to come. I can't wait to see what you do with the Vols as you continue to build them up. Good luck the rest of the season.

11. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great game King after the first kick off return you had i thought i had no chance but the big play of WR Tillman kept me in it. The fumble recovery i had for TD in the 4th made me think i had a chance. Once your Safety picked me off late in the 4th i knew it was over..This should turn into a great rivalry. can't wait to make the trip to your place next season

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

That Tillman is a monster! I don't want to see him again, although I'm sure you will have many more line up to take his place in years to come. I still can't believe that second TD catch he had, he caught it over two of my guys, insane!

13. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I will post it in the film room too, but here is the highlight's from the Ok. State @ Nebraska Game

14. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State gets romped. I dont think I will beat OU again....there team is just too good and the talent gap is huge.

OU A++++ in everything > Ok. State B

Good game tuco. Game film will be up tonight.

15. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Imagine trying to play Jfunk, who only starts guys that are 90+ lol. But tough loss, don't give up you will get more talent and catch up to him one of these days.

16. Iron Mickey

Nope, there is no give-up in this Dog....I will compete no matter what....just stating the facts. Just look at his o-line....he shoved me around up front all day long. The one time i got him in a 3rd and 22.....deep post and first down. We could just not get them off the field.

Hill played like ass too, he had a couple big catches, but I caught tuco's D blitzing and leaving him 1-on-1 deep down the field and he dropped two easy TD's.

17. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Those monster o-lines are sickening. You can't do anything against those.

18. egofailure

I can't explain this game sometimes. OU is very similar to 'Bama talent-wise, yet I've beaten Tucco 2X in close battles and have gotten slammed by Funk. Versus OU, I felt as though I could at least compete up front, yet in facing the Tide, it seemed like I was the NE Patriots bouncing off of Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. I think my game with Funk last year was perhaps an aberration, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

19. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

You're right G, that 3rd and 22 was a huge play. I think the next play Turner broke the game open with a long one. OU's offensive line is the strength of the team but I think what has really helped in a couple of big user conference games is that the secondary is much better. They don't stop every pass attempt but they make enough plays to get a stop somewhere on a drive.

Stating that, there were some drives where OSU got yards in huge chunks and I felt completely helpless. You do a great job on those pre-snap reads and seem to always get a guy wide open. It drives me nuts trying to make adjustments before the ball gets snapped. You say Hill played like ass but some of the catches he makes in traffic are unbelievable.

Ego- I cringed when I saw you on the schedule in week one, your DL is pretty good and plus, when we played last season, it was the first time I played against a 4-2-5. That defense frustrates the shit out of me. The Tigers put the clamps on the OU running game, and took us out of our element.

20. Iron Mickey

I guess he has just spoiled me...lol. Those 1-on-1's he has been notorious to catch them everytime.