(Y6) Championship Week Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]#1 (12-0) vs. (7-5)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]#9 (9-3) vs. #8 (10-2) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]#11 (10-2) vs. #2 (11-1) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]#6 (10-2) vs. #3 (11-1) [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Ah, the rematch. Can anyone else say they built a division winner and coached another in the same season? Success (under heavy narcotics).

3. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Good Guys 35 - Pedophiles 23​
    [​IMG]
    We put up a lot of numbers through the air from a variety of formations and routes. Wanted to get my pass game on point with ford coming up. Look forward to playing him as always. Got my RB back for this game. In the old format i'd have my starting QB back, but since the NC game is the same week as the rest i believe he'll be out for this game coming up. No problem though!!!!​
    This is... my 4th b1g championship? Other two I didn't make it because i was gone while facing Iowa. So, i'm 4 of 4 so far. With Hal snatching some of my guys and being very solid, going to be tough to keep that streak going. I hope to see some coach movement back to the B1G but i don't know who'd that be...​
    [​IMG]
    @fordtuff504​

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Trojans Steal PAC-12 Title From Ducks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    USC and Oregon faced off in Season 6 PAC-12 title game. To add a little more spice to this game it was also a matchup of two old SEC West rivals who had many a battles each season when the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Alabama Crimson Tide squared off. Coach Sabo had his Oregon ducks ranked 6th and undefeated in PAC-12 play and looking for their 2nd straight title. Standing in their way was the USC Trojans being lead by first coach and uagrad90 who left the Crimson Tide after last season.
    The two teams played a scoreless first Qtr as each coach was familiar with what the other like to do and both defenses were showing they would be a factor in this game today. The Trojans struck first when o 3rd and long QB Blake Jones connected with HB Will Luke on 32 yard screen pass giving USC the 7-0 lead. The two defense continued to dominate until late in the half when USC drove into scoring range and connected on a 46 yard FG and a 10-0 lead. But the Ducks responded quickly scored on a 13 yard pass to Johnson to cut the lead to 10-7 with 20 seconds remaining. The Trojans were able to move to their 41 yard line and with 3 seconds left disregarded taking a knee and chose to go deep. Shockingly Jones connected with Justin Galloway for a 59 yard bomb and increased the Trojan lead to 17-7 at the half.
    In the 3rd Qtr the two defense resumes control as neither could score. Early in the 4th Qtr the Ducks took advantage of a turnover by the Trojans and FB Luke Parker slammed in from 2 yards out to pull the Ducks to within 3 at 17-14. Now looking to control the ball and the clock the Trojans started what they hoped would be a long time consuming drive, but instead Jones found Luke open on a swing pass and after breaking a tackle and making tow other Ducks miss raced 57 yards score and increased the USC lead back to 10 at 24-14. But the Ducks wasted very little time in responding and Dustin White found TE Rufus Williams open for a 54 yard TD strike the Ducks were poised to pull within 3. But on the extra point the Trojans broke through and blocked it but an alert Duck picked up the loose ball and rumbled into the end zone with 3 Trojans hanging off him to make the score 24-22 with roughly 2 minutes remaining. USC desperately looking to pick up first downs and kill the clock moved the ball just past mid field and were forced to punt with less than 30 seconds remaining. The Ducks were able to move to around mid field but on their last play White was sacked as he waited for his receivers to get down field for the Hail Marry attempt.
    After the game Coach uagrad90 spoke with the media and had this to say. "First let me say how glad I am for those Seniors for USC to be able to walk out of here with a PAC-12 Championship. They worked hard this year and I am very proud of them. But I also want to say that Coach Sabo and his Oregon Duck team deserve alot of credit today. Honestly they outplayed us in the 2nd half. If not for a couple of missed FG in the first half and the lucky TD bomb at the half for us, they would have won. Coach Sabo teams play with class and determination, just like his teams at Arkansas did. I was honored to to face his team for the PAC-12 title and hopefully we can do it again several more years."

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

a 7-5 SEC East representative.... so dumb. Bitter doesnt even being to describe my disgust with this

6. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

7. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

In a back and forth game, true freshman quarterback Tony Hart had a season-defining game to lead his team to victory and an ACC Championship. Hart completed 17 of 24 passes for 270 yards and 3 touchdowns. After throwing five picks in the first meeting, Hart didn't turn the ball over once. The Seminole defense held Miami to just 138 yards of total offense, sealing a BCS Bowl Berth. As always, it was a pleasure OnIowa. Looking forward to many more down the road.

Final score was 27-14. Dynasty Wire shows it as 33-17... it counted a play where I dove for the pile on and was ruled short as a touchdown... I thought it was at the time, apparently it should have been!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  8. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

How's the #3 spot sound?