(Y6) Rivalry Week Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Apr 6, 2010.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

(Y6) Rivalry Week Updates

Post updates here for the big and small games

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

LSU beats Arkansas 59-7, Mike Pennington throws for 514 yards, 8 td's, 0 picks on 21 attempts. Albert Gray is named player of the game with 8 receptions for 272 yards and 6 td's. LSU defense pitches a shutout after the robo qb opening drive from arkansas. Very pleased with the performance going into the final game of the regular season... Mike Pennington has really grown into the position as the year has gone on. A few highlights perhaps in a bit.

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Holy shit Pennington is absolutely tearing it up of late, future looks real bright for LSU with him and the WR's shadow has coming in

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I thought this was a SIM league?

That trash should be tossed

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Iron Mickey

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

the td's were all legit, i threw up a few highlights, i have some fast wr's

9. Iron Mickey

I didnt say the way you scored them wasnt legit. But those numbers are just are just a joke.

I am not trying to be a dickhead but your the only guy in this league that runs the numbers up like that from what I can tell.

Just not very realistic if you ask me. But whatever.

10. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

That was the last straw for me when I got booted. I put up 80 points on someone I think, although my problem wasn't leaving the starters in it was the fact that the CPU just sucked that day. On one play my backup QB with 65 speed picked up a fumble by the running back, broke 3 tackles and ran 60 yards for a score.

Although now with Tennessee I get lucky if I score enough points before the CPU realizes that my defense sucks.

Sidenote, I know I'm late on summaries, it was midterms this past week so I'll be caught up with them if not today then definitely by tomorrow.

11. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I agree that these stats seem overdone, but the WR's did break some long ones. I would say lets just let it die here and try to use the backups on the next goround. I know when I run a game with season showdown on, when I am up by more than 3 TD's in the 2nd half, it docks me points for "running it up" if I am passing the ball.

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Yeah i mean i'm not looking at it with vicious intent or anything, it's one of those things that just happened. My one receiver gray caught i believe a 81 and a 64 yard catch for td's which skew the stats a bit as well for both pennington and gray. I won't apologize for them though because i wasn't cheesing it, my receivers are just that much better then the Arkansas db's.

13. Iron Mickey

You can say what you want about it just "happening"

But you only mention the 81 & 64 yard TD's....what about the 4 other TD's and 127 more yards you put up on them with Grey?

I am sure the game was well out of hand when Grey had 4 TD's....thats my point. Then the 8 TD's by a single Quarterback is just a slap in the face of all SIM play. lol

[​IMG]

14. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

GT has had nearly scored 50+ (60 on nearly 2 occasions) in 6 of the past 7 games. Normally i could care less but it is funny that i'm being brought up for running up scores. The only diff between me and GT is i have a better defense and better offensive players. That's why my defense holds CPU teams to less points. I kept pennington in there because i like playing with him... if he gets injured that's on me. Fitzpatrick has had plenty of 150+ yard games, gray has had 2 games over 200+ yards receiving. As for where grey's other 100 or so yards came from, they came from short routes where he made plays. i think he had about 8 catches that game, and i posted 2 of the big ones as highlights. I'd like to know where the cheese is on those.

Stats in comparison

X Fitzpatrick
    40 receptions
    1257 yards
    avg 31.4 yards per catch
    19 tds

A Gray
    47 receptions
    1162 yards
    avg 24.7 yards per catch
    17 tds

I dont see much of a difference here, or a motive even for that matter. The bradley/fitzpatrick "completely legit combination" is well on it's way to winning the heisman no matter how many yards i put on someone.

15. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

If you're torching the opponent sit your starters, that simple. Enough of the bitching and pointing fingers here. It is a video game after all, Denard Robinson was my QB last year and he was 2nd in the nation in rushing, I didn't cheese it was just what happened, because after all it's a video game. I'm not in the mood for anyone's crap today so don't try me

16. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I agree it is a video game after all, there should be no need for this ridiculousness.

17. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

No more regarding this stuff here on the forum. Post your score updates and or player injuries folks

18. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Oh damn I didn't get here in time to throw in my two cents.

19. Iron Mickey

shadow, you can kiss my ass man. The way i got my stats are completely legit. Go thru all my box scores and you wont find absurd stats racked up in a single week. sure fitzpatrick has had plenty of 150 yard games and several TD's and Bradley has had several 4-5 TD games.

But you WONT see 275 yards and 6 TD's from him in a single game...thats fuckin ridiculous

Same for 8 TD's and god only knows how many yards for QB in a 59-7 blowout.

Also look at my box scores to see when my backup QB came in and I gurantee the 2nd or 3rd string was in at half in every blow-out.

Hood might squash it and thats fine. But you had this same issue and hack didnt put up with it in SH. He actually made the "benching starters in blow-outs" rule b/c of you.
    Youre an asshole.

20. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I am looking forward to the next JFunky and G Unit radio show with shadow on as the guest. That should be entertaining.

21. Iron Mickey

Oh and by the way...I can give two shits about the Heisman. I've just won so many in this league.

Oh and another thing....and get this thru your calc head.

I am not bitchin about you runnin up the score...57 points..no biggie.

I am complaining about the fact your running up individual stats and instead of throwing for 8 TD's with your Qb in a blowout let the 2nd string come in and throw a couple.

22. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

reminds me of this

[YOUTUBE]kjBWCfLiX3g[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: It's all good now for me , everyone has arguments sometimes. If i'm invited on again it'll be a good show as it usually is