(Y6) Tennessee Volunteers

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

[​IMG]

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Tennessee Remains Undefeated, Edges Virginia 35-34 in a Nail-Biter

After their loss to the Cavaliers last year, the Tennessee players had revenge on their mind. "Oh absolutely, no doubt," said HB Aaron Cannon. "They beat us in our house and we just wanted to come up here and return the favor." The first quarter was a defensive slugfest, as Virginia eeked out a 3-0 lead. The second quarter would finally display the offensive fireworks that these two teams were known for. Virginia and Tennesee would alternate touchdowns as the Cavaliers took a 17-14 lead heading into the half. The Volunteers had to feel good after a costly fumble and interception stalled their potential scoring drives.

Virginia's Sam Parker extended his teams lead to 10 points on a 8-yard run midway through the 3rd quarter. Parker would prove to be a menace all game, as he ran for over 100 yards on what is believe to be a very stout defense. QB Jason Brown would answer back with a 3-yard strike to TE Ray Caldwell to cut the lead back down to 3. Then disaster struke for the Vols. On the ensuing kick-off, Virginia's Ricky Fells returned the ball 101 yards for a TD. Taking a 10 point lead heading into the 4th quarter, Virginia would tack on another FG with 5:28 showing on the clock. Down 13 points and unable to stop the Cav's offense, Tennessee turned to newly promoted QB Jason Brown. He would lead the team down the field, finding TE Ray Caldwell once again for a 25-yard pitch and catch that ended up in the endzone. After forcing a crucial 3 and out, Tennesee got the ball back around their 25 with 1:38 showing on the clock and 1 timeout left in their pocket. Showing no fear, Brown once again moved the ball downfield effortlessly. Facing a 3 and goal from the two yard line, Brown found WR Allen Miller for the goal-ahead touchdown with 13 seconds left. With no time to work with, there would be no miracle comeback for the Virginia Cavaliers.

MVP:
    Jason Brown
    27-37 passing for 448 yards, 4TD's (3 passing, 1 rushing) vs 1 INT

Very good game OnIowa...all it took was one stalled drive in the later periods and I think you would have ran away with this. Can't wait for our rematch!

3. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

I need you to beat Bama in week 8. Hopefully if you beat Bama and everything works out we can play in the first user vs user Sec championship game.

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

[​IMG]

Tennessee Outlasts Georgia in an Offensive Shoot-out

Defense need not apply. The Volunteers and Bulldogs lit up the scoreboard as the final score read 55-50 in favor of the Vols. Tennessee's QB Jason Brown completed 29 passes for 417 yards and 5 TD's vs 2 INT's. The Bulldogs countered with Chris Larkin completing 19 passes for 375 yards and 2 TD's vs 2 INT's. He was complimented by RB Mike Parker, whom ran wild against a clueless Tennessee defense to the tune of 124 yards and 3 TD's, one of them being an electrifying 102 yard kick off return.

Tennessee would take a 28-24 lead at the half. "I thought we left a lot of points on the field to be honest," said coach nrg_qbz. "I figured we would continue to score in the second half while figuring out a way to stop them from moving the ball. I was half right." Tennessee would tie up the game at 48 points with only a few minutes left in the game, but would miss the extra point to put them ahead. With Georgia moving the ball downfield for what looks to be a game winning fg kick, the Vols got their second pick-six of the day, this time courtesy of FS Mike Boyd. "The QB kept attacking me all day and I was sick of it," said Boyd. "I had to do something about it and I got lucky." Game. Set. Match.

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

SEC is crazy man...I was lucky just to escape Georgia. Bama is going to put up 70 on me lol

6. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Lol cancel that post i sent you... I couldnt even beat maryland.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Tennessee Runs Streak to 6 Games, Takes Care of Houston 42-14

Although Tennessee took care of business against the Houston Cougars, their coach could not be happy with the results on the field. QB Jason Brown threw 4 INT's and the Volunteers had 5 total turnovers, with two additional fumbles that were luckily recovered. "We were sloppy, unfocused, and undisciplined," said a fuming coach nrg_qbz.

The #3 team in the land lead Houston by only a 21-14 score at halftime. Despite numerous chances to put the game away early, the Volunteers shot themselves in the foot with costly turnovers. "I made a lot of horrible reads. Unacceptable," said Brown. His receivers did not help the cause, as time and again they dropped easy passes. "We'll go back to the drawing board. Much credit to Houston...they played with a lot of effort. Our team has a lot of soul-searching to do right now," said HB Aaron Cannon.

8. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Tennessee Continues Their Stroll Through the SEC, Defeats Vanderbilt 52-24

In a game that was never in doubt, QB Jason Brown threw for 5 TD's in 3 quarters of work. The Volunteers made it tough for the Commodores the whole afternoon and forced a fumble and an interception along the way. Known for their big aerial plays, Tennessee moved the chains with quick, short passes for the majority of the day. RB Aaron Cannon ran 6 times for 30 yards before being injured. His backup Marcus Anderson took over the duties and produced 56 yards on 14 carries. "I was happy with our balanced playcalling," said coach nrg_qbz. "We did pretty well on defense as well. One blown coverage lead to a long TD for Vanderbilt, but other than that, we played solid.

Next on the horizon is Kentucky. With the win, Tennessee will all but wrap up their first SEC championship in years.

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.