(Y7) 2015 Georgia Tech Season Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    (Y7) 2015 Georgia Tech Season Preview

2015 Season Preview

Starting Offense

Position No. Name Class OVR Returning Starter (Y/N)
    QB #11 Mark Sowell (JR) 90 N
    RB #46 Reggie Foster (SR) 92 Y
    FB #41 Joe Swanson (JR) 73 N
    WR #02 William Thompson (SO) 91 Y
    WR #86 Tyrone Hughes (SR) 90 N
    Slot #80 Grahm Harvey (JR) 86 N
    TE #83 Mike Sims (FR) 81 N
    LT #64 Antwan Green (SR) 92 N
    LG #61 Dan Taylor (JR) 83 N
    C #73 Melvin Rice (JR) 92 N
    RG #79 Sharrod Moore (SO) 95 Y
    RT #63 Robert Leonard (SR) 92 N

Starting Defense​

LE #91 Devon Cool (JR) 87 N
    RE #98 Dan Moore (SR) 92 Y
    NT #95 Michael Lee (SO) 91 Y
    LOLB #51 Ricky Oliver (SR) 98 Y
    MLB #58 Anthony Little (SR) 91 N
    MLB #50 Ryan Jones (SO) 83 N
    ROLB #53 Roderick Scott (JR) 92 Y
    CB #31 Mike Rogers (JR) 90 N
    CB #39 Kevin Palmer (SR) 89 N
    FS #20 Kenny Lewis (SO) 85 N
    SS #42 Antwan Stanford (JR) 87 Y

Special Teams​

K/P #18 Aaron Thompson (SR) 87 Y

Season Schedule

Week Team

Offense: On offense Tech has alot new faces starting with long veteran back-up Qb Mark Sowell. Sowell has big shoes to fill with the late departed and Heisman Trophy winning Peter Bradley. But Sowell is a athlete himself with actually a little better arm strength. At WR, Soph William Thompson will need to step up and replace Xavier Fitazpatrick. Thompson has blazing speed and is an excellent route runner. At No.2 WR spot Veteran Senior Tyrone Hughes should compliment nicely to Thompson as he has the best hands on the team. The entire offensive line has been replaced except for stud RG-Sharrod Moore. It might be a new group of guys but they all are very strong and shouldnt be much of a let-down. New TE Mike Sims who was a All-American coming out of high school should be a stud for years to come with excellent speed and size.

Defense: On defense Tech has leaders coming back in each region of their "D". Upfront Big-studs DE-Dan Moore and Nose Guard Mike Lee will be asked to stuff the run gaps in their 3-4 defense and give the linebackers room to run to the ball. Both premier OLB's Roderick Scott and Ricky Oliver will be ball-hawkin QB's off the edge again together in the 2015 season. Two new corners step-in to starting roles with Mike Rogers and Kevin Palmer. Both have been in the Tech defensive scheme for at least three years. Both have great speed and can run with the likes of Miami and FSU wide receivers. At FS 6'4" 228lbs Kenny Lewis will be a nightmare for receivers in the middle of the field, while Strong Safety Antwan Stanford returns after an excellent sophmore year with 3-interceptions.

Overall: Anything short of a ACC Championship berth and a BCS Game would result in a huge disapointment for this Yellow Jacket ball-club. The past two years Tech has won the Coastal Division to only fall short in the ACC Championship. The past two years Tech has had to finish the season in the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl.
  2. GSUtiger

Apr 13, 2010
    You got me in now i'm coming for you in The Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate Rivalry!!! should be a good match up with you only returning 9 starters.
  3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Feb 18, 2010
    G, I aint trying to jinx you man, but I think this might be your year bro. Represent the ACC man!
  4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Yes it should. It's all about beating Georgia!!!

lol...idk. Well see how everything clicks the first few weeks. My schedule actually buys me some time to break in the new guys.