(Y7) 2016 Week 1 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your scores here!

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The Auburn Tigers shake off the rust and hold on to defeat the pesky VT Hokies on the road 24-14. Every time I felt like I had a stranglehold on this one, Coach GSU forced a mistake and climbed right back in. Brad Freeman def' ain't walkin' through that door anymore! Several throws I'm accustomed to making found the hands of VT defenders, while a little lag helped facilitate an option fumble.

The defense held on, though, and did so impressively. Generating pressure the entire game, VT's "gun slinger" had little time throw the ball and was sacked 5+ times. I made two bad calls that lead to big plays, and on the latter, I thought I might have cost myself the game. A drive, score, and forced turnover later ... the Tigers were officially 1-0.

Great game, GSU. I had more horses in this one. Once you get YOUR guys in, Blacksburg will f-ck with many of our seasons. Good luck the rest of the way.

3. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State smashes Ohio State in suprising fashion. For a team that is just as talented as any other in the country, they couldnt do much until it was too late and I was in prevent mode.

I recorded this game in HD, kinda figured it would be a much better game, regardless....highlight's tomm.

Final Ok. State 35 OSU 17

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great Game EGO..I thought a couple of times that the game would drop because of the lag but we made it until the end..Everytime i thought i was going to mount a good comeback you shut the door on me fast. If it was not for the turnovers i got this game could have easily been a blow out. I realized that my QB also can not make the throws i'm use to making with ease. This could turn into a long season. I will be opening up the QB battle before i reach wk 4 against Bamagrad. May have to use a two QB system. Your Defense has alot of speed all over the field and caused me MAJOR HEADACHES!!!!! If you can get your QB to make the plays you need you could see the NC Game this season.

5. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri pulls away in the second half to defeat a gunslinging Houston team. They passed all over me and surprise, surprise they attacked the Strong Safety (damn you Burley!). They went up 17-0 in a hurry, but I managed to shut them down after switching to a mainly 3-3-5 defense in the 2nd quarter. Brad Ford has a great game in his first start as a Tiger rushing for over 175 yards and 4 TDs. Hargrove didn't impress in his first start as a Sophomore throwing 2 INTs. Missouri wins going away 49-20.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Looks like there've been some exciting games already. Looking forward to kicking off our 2016 campaign and gauging where we stand in the National Title picture tonight when we take on the defending National Champs.

7. Iron Mickey

The "U" Sux

8. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

RTP and I just played and the game froze with about two minutes left. Oklahoma held a 21-17 mid-way thru the third quarter and the roof fell in on the Sooners. The Georgia defense really stepped up, forcing a three-and-out and turnovers on each of the following OU drives, pushing out to a 41-21 lead when the freeze happened. RTP will sim a win tonight. gg man and gl to the rest of the SEC

9. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I was able to finish out the game as it gave me the option to continue against the CPU...so I did and the final was 41-21.

Heck of a game though man! Your HB is a stud and was very tough to bring down. That defense is legit too. When you went into the hafl up 21-14 and I had been unable to stop you the whole game, I thought I was done. Also, my starting QB geting hurt twice in the game was rough too. I am glad he came back in b/c you saw how good the back ups were. Anyways, Great game and Good luck this season! I hope you wax G-Unit.

10. Iron Mickey

Alabama is going to wax you

11. runthepound

I waxed your momma last night:thumbsup:

there is a long way to go before I can start talking SEC Champinship game....b/c that is the only place we would meet up if we could both make.

12. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Very true. I've got a tough road ahead and I have to beat a very good Auburn team to get to the SECCG.

13. egofailure

I plan on playing in the title game this year. I'm going to have to coach one helluva game, though. I'm hoping that the third time's the charm.

14. JFunk34

I plan on playing in the title game every year but some times we don't get what we wish for. :p

15. egofailure

Haha, I love it! I think the EA Gods owe me a little love ...

16. Iron Mickey

Week 1 Game Highlight's​
    #11 Oklahoma State @ #4 Ohio State​
    **Click on the bottom right tab once you click play for 720p HD**

17. JFunk34

Bama could do no wrong in week 1 with a dominant 41-7 win over Miami by the defending national champions.

18. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

NOT!!!!!

19. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Lettin' Funk do your dirty work for you huh? I hope I get to see you in the Orange Bowl again!

Great game Funk. I had no answers for you or your team. Good luck the rest of the way, more importantly, good luck to anyone with Bama on their schedule.

20. Iron Mickey

Bring it "U" Boy!!!!!

21. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You just worry about winning enough games in your conference to get there

Recruit: "Coach, do you really believe you guys can win the Big XII this year?"

Coach Delusional (G-Unit): "I go into every season believing we can win and with your help, I'd be willing to bet my life on it!"

Recruit: "Well, how many Big XII Championships have you won?"

Coach Delusional (G-Unit): "That's not important. I'm not here to talk about the past, let's talk about the future. What's your ring size?"

22. egofailure

As we progress, the sh-t talking just gets better and better.

23. runthepound

I still think it is funny that G was too scared to schedule Miami this season. I thought that was a done deal? Oh wait,...that might have made the schedule too hard for the Cowboys;).

24. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Only when he has the upper hand or it's really close. Otherwise, it has to be a bowl game that he can't help. :thumbsup:

25. egofailure

With the way G's 5-star Cowboys are coddled, one would think that he's coaching in Wyoming. Tulsa, baby!