(Y7) 2016 Week 3 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Post your scores here!

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama falls 31-28 to Mizzou in a crazy game. I mentioned before that my secondary was going to be a weakness this season. I was able to hide it against Miami but no such luck against Mizzou's high-flying offense. Now I definitely could have put myself in better position to win if I didn't have 6 f'n turnovers but at least 3 of those were just bad reads on my part. But I will say this to the Big 12, don't underestimate Mizzou's secondary. I made that mistake in the first half and it cost me the game. I never could quite recover from it and a dropped wide open pass by my running back to keep the game going at the end pretty much sealed the deal. Mizzou's offense sliced up every defensive adjustment I could throw at him and even though I forced 5 turnovers, my own turnovers canceled them out and his QB had a field day on my secondary. Great game by mizzourah. I think early in the first quarter he sniffed out the blood in the water on my secondary and once he found that hole he pounded it and his surprisingly good secondary kept me just far enough out of reach that I couldn't win the game. It was 28-14 Mizzou at half and 31-28 Mizzou at the end of the game. Great job mizzourah, hell of a game my man.

3. Iron Mickey

Oh fuck beans!!! Two Huge upsets in back-to-back weeks.

Wow, I have to say I know Mizzou has some skilled players but I am quite taken back from this game result. Great win Mizzou....I am quite intrigued about our match-up in a few weeks.

4. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I know you run the air raid David so be careful man. He will make you pay if you make bad reads and his offense is good enough that if you get behind it's hard to catch up.

5. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Funk did a great job of summing the game up. Since I lost my star HB to the draft (damn you Newman) I decided my only chance to beat Funk was to spread the field wide open. I went 5 wide pretty much the entire game and took advantage of my depth at WR. Funk's secondary was all over the place and this is the first time I will say I felt pressured when someone only rushed 3! The entire first half was pretty much me throwing an INT then him giving it back, then me giving it back to him, lol. I did just enough to win the turnover battle and go into half with a 28-14 lead. Funk then settled in and controlled the game in the second half, but I was able to get within field goal range late in the game and kick a FG with about 1:45 left. I pretty much thought I was conceding the game at that point, but I was going to take the points anyway. Funk immediately drove down the field and got the ball to midfield. I made stops on 1st and 2nd down to put him in a 3rd and 7 situation and as he said his wide open HB failed to turn around to catch the ball and it hit him in the back and fell to the ground. Then a short pass to his TE was stopped just short of the first down line to force the turnover on downs. I was then able to sneak outside on a run and pick up a first down which allowed me to run the clock out.

6. Iron Mickey

well this game should bring some attention to Missouri and the recruiting nation

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

No crazy upsets this week for the Tigers. Auburn defeated the Bulldogs 52-10, dominating from start to finish.

For all of you who love the highlights (*cOuRtpGH!*), feel free to check e'm out.

Is Auburn #1 after all this craziness? ; )

8. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Clemson wins another shootout over Houston in Death Valley 76-43. This game was very close for the first three quarters and Clemson wasn't able to pull away until the very end. The Tigers' air raid offense was very successful in getting down the field and scoring quickly, but their defense was awful allowing Houston to march down the field for quick scores.

I know this score raises some red flags for running it up. This was just one of those games where I was forced to keep up and score as much as I could in the first three quarters because I couldn't stop their offense. Once I did start to pull away, I subbed in the 2nd stringers in the third quarter, ran the ball every play, and started using chew the clock. I just had several breaks go my way at the end of the game that made the score what it is. I did everything I could not to run this score up.

9. egofailure

Did you run the ball out of bounds before crossing the goal line? And then down the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, before punting the ball into the stands? Because only THEN you would have done EVERYTHING possible not to score! Or did you mean that you played as sim as possible? ; )

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Congrats Mizzourah, huge win man! As that loser from Stillwater said, this should bring some recruiting attention to your program.
    Will this be the Big XII's year to win a National Championship?

Miami dominated Virginia in their ACC Opener winning 38-15 with the Cavaliers' 15 points coming against Miami's 2nd string defense after the starters left the game with a 31-0 lead. Miami used a balanced attack to rack up 430 yards of offense and 21 1st downs holding the ball for 22:24. No gained 100 yards rushing or receiving, but almost every skilled position player contributed on the day with Adam Baker scoring 3 touchdowns to earn Player of the Game honors.

Next week, the 'Canes look to improve to 3-1 and 2-0 in conference when archrival Florida State comes to town.

11. Iron Mickey

It was 49-33 (16 point lead) @Half....and in the begining of the 3rd you exchanged FG's to go to 52-36 (16 point lead)...and then still in the 3rd Qtr you added another TD pass from your QB Hall to extend the lead to 59-36 (23 points)...with 3:56 left in the 3rd Qtr.

And then you scored another TD pass with Hall in the late 3rd to go to 66-36 (30 pt lead).....thats extreme to me, especially with a starter still in and knowing we have a soft cap of 55 points.

You should have benched him after the 23-point lead man. The game is quite out of hand. Your QB Hall had 584 pass yds with 7 TD's and u had a WR with 242 rec yds (16 catches)....those are crazy

We are going to have to toss this game.

12. Iron Mickey

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

FSU recovers from a week 1 defeat to take down Boston College 45-6.

14. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

North Texas is no match for South Carolina as the Gamecocks roll 53-2, as the USC shutout is ruined by a safety. The starters play the first half and the first drive of the second half then the backups come in a finish it up. Matthews had an average day, he was around 50% comp and had a pick, but did have a couple of nice runs. Byrd went over 100 yards for the first time this season, and Fields proved again that he has great potential as he ran for 65 yards mostly in mop up duty. Next week the Gamecocks open up SEC play with the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

15. egofailure

Dang, I never even looked at the stats/scoring summary. Those stats would even make Casey Hill blush!

16. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I thought we had a soft rule of taking the starters out in the 2nd half is we had a comfortable 28 point lead? That being said, I havent analized the stats, but once Clemson went up by 30 in the 2nd half, all staters should have been pulled at that point. If not, then I agree, this game should be thrown out.

17. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Speaking of tossing games, can we throw out my week 2 game against UNC?;)

18. egofailure

My own beef with this is ... in all my years of watching football, I've never seen a coach sit his starters at the start of a 2nd Half when only up 28-0. The lead's just not safe at that point. Now, if you get the ball at the start, put together a long drive, and go up 31 or 35-0, then I'd understand. I might even wait for my defense to get another stop and then pull my starters with a full quarter+ to go. I always ask myself, "What would a real quality and respectful coach do?"

19. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Because of depth issues my starting defense usually stays in until the 4th quarter regardless and I usually play the same way. My offensive starters usually get one drive in the 3rd quarter, if I were up 28-0 or 38-10, etc. But it is a very conservative drive consisting mainly of running the ball.

In a situation like the one above after being up by 16 and knowing the amount of trouble I have in stopping Houston I would have gone to the ground to chew some clock, which is actually what I did when I played Houston, because they were very diffcult to slow down.

20. Iron Mickey

Unfortunately we just have to require backups in on blowouts b/c we do not want padded stats....so we much sacrifice a little "reality"

21. egofailure

I get that, but doesn't it also depend on the game variables? For instance, I got up big on Boise (28, maybe?), but my stats were really, really weak. My lead was mostly garnered through defense. When I scored, my drives were minimal. I wonder if I even topped 300 total yards on the day. I waited til' the 5th minute mark in the 4th to pull my guys because that's when I felt safe.

So my question is ... is it cool to use common sense?

22. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

VT get into the Win column beating rival GT 28-24..i thought i was headed to 0-3 until a late fumble by GT gave us the ball back with under a min left. Trailing by 3 a couple big passes by QB Johnson got us into the red zone where he found SR WR Lonnie Cantrell for the go ahead score with :23 left in the game. Defense held GT to 4 straight incompletions to end the game.

23. Iron Mickey

Yep..if your stats are typical....no worries then. For example...see my win over UCF. My QB played all game in an easy win.

24. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

To be honest I wasn't really thinking about how big my lead was while I was playing the game. It was close until the end of the first half so I just got in that mode of going all out to keep up. Houston had been playing well up until about the end of the first half. I just kept going and got a quick lead from that point. This is no excuse, but the thought of benching the starters didn't even occur to me until halfway through the third because I had given up so many yards to Houston's offense that I felt like they were going to get the ball back and march right down the field for a touchdown. I have had to come from behind in both of my first two games because my defense is flat out awful. I have given up so many quick TDs to the other team that even a 23 point lead in the third did not seem very safe to me.

I definitely had no intention of running up the score or padding stats. As soon as I took the 30 point lead mid-3rd quarter when I realized it was getting out of hand I pulled the starters, ran the ball every play, and used chew clock.

I am forced to an extremely pass-heavy offense because my offensive line is terrible. That combined with my terrible defense means that both sides are scoring a lot of points. When I took the 23 point lead in the third quarter, I could have easily had that lead slip away if I turned the ball over once and had my defense continue to play terrible against their hot offense. I agree in retrospect that I should've taken out the starters when I went up by 23 in the 3rd quarter. At the time it was hard to make that decision because no lead I have had this season has been safe.

If we need to throw out the game I am fine with that. Once again, I had no intentions of running up the score or padding stats. I wanted to be the first to bring this game up so we could figure out a solution.

25. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Also, the 67 yard TD pass to Utley in the third quarter was on a slant route where the ball didn't travel more than 5 yards in the air. It wasn't like I was just throwing bombs to the WRs. I got a quick slant, broke a tackle, and he had a clean path to the end zone because they blitzed.