(Y7) 2016 Week 5 College Gameday

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Dec 2, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

[​IMG]

[​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today we come to your from Columbia South Carolina where the #3 Aurburn Tigers are set to take on the #14 South Carolina Gamecocks. Coach Ego comes in here riding his highest ranking since he arrived at Auburn and has really made it known that he wants this game badly. Last seasons home loss to the Gamecocks hasn't really set too well with the Tigers and why should it? South Carolina came intop that game last season having already lost 3 games to open the season and stole one from the Tigers. South Carolina then went on a tear the rest of the season beating just about everyone they faced. This year, both teams come into this game unblemished. The Gamecocks have been dominant in both of their games so far this year only giving up 15 total points. Auburn is also firing on all cylinders with the back ups getting some quality playing time. Both teams bring in QB's that have been very good this year and this one could turn into a shoot out, or it could be decided by who can run the ball more effectively. Kirk, being a former Buckeye QB, what is your take on the QB position here?

[​IMG]

Well Chris, Antonio Matthews for South Carolina is one of the most elusive players in the country. He can beat you with his arm and, with the spread option read attack the the Gamecocks are using, he can fake the handoff and beat you with his legs. Those 3 losses to start the season last year really shook him up, I think, and since then he has just dominated with the ball in his hands. For Auburn Jonathan Jordan steps in for Brad Freeman and has really done a nice job replacing him. In fact, I think he runs the offense better than Freeman. Aubrun has turned more to a spread attack this year and Jordan can run the ball as well. Antonio Matthews has been on the road and had to face the adversity and I think that being in front of the home crowd and playing a top 5 team on national TV may give South Carolina a big advantage. Ithink this one really comes down to the RB position. South Caroina's Jason Byrd is a big bruising back that can break tackles and take it to the house on any given play. Auburn doesnt have a proven back to rely on and I think it will show in the game today.

[​IMG]

You know Kirk, I think this one is going to come down to which team can make the most plays on the defensive side of the ball. I think that the Auburn defense's 4-2-5 scheme may prove to be too much for Antonio Matthews and the Gamecocks to adjust to. No other teams in the SEC run this type of D and I think that it may give Auburn the upper hand. South Carolina better be ready because there are going to be Tigers coming off the ball from every different direction. I will take Auburn in this one and I think their defense will force a turnover late in the game to seal the victory. This is going to be a close one!

[​IMG]

Auburn 28-24

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great job RTP..i don't know who to pick in this one but i will bet on somebody after i sleep on it

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

awesome analysis rtp!!! I am taking S.Carolina in another close one!!!

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

G', I can always count on you to make the wrong bet! I'm just thankful you didn't go with me. ; ) Run', awesome write-up. It was a nice surprise and a pleasure to read. I hope the game lives up to the hype.

5. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

nice writeup RTP. I think this one comes down to turnovers. I too think this will be a close one. I think USC pulls out a very close game. 35-31.

6. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Nice write up RTP. This is a big game for both teams without a doubt. A win for me and I could easily have a top 5 ranking going into the final three game stretch vs Georgia, Clemson, and Oklahoma State. And a win for Auburn would set up two huge rivalry games down the road.

7. Iron Mickey

damn skippy

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I'm pumped for our match up, I think it is the first time that we have ever played in this dynasty or in 10.

9. Iron Mickey

yep, first time game between us

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Good job RTP. I am very interested in the outcome of this game.

11. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

12. Iron Mickey

Lee Corso is indeed a penis I must agree

13. runthepound

Yeah, good find Thoov! I also like the guy wearing the sombrero in the bottom right hand corner of the shot.

14. egofailure

Kirk: "I'm told Erin Andrews has news to report from the sidelines. Erin, what you got for us?"

[​IMG]

Hey, Kirk, I just left the Auburn locker room, where the atmosphere is absolutely barbaric. Truthfully, I've never seen anything like it ... these guys are out for blood! There wasn't any music or laughing to be heard. Some players were sitting in the dark with looks of rage, while others were screaming at the top of their lungs, "Take out the head and the body will fall!" It felt like it was 100 degrees in there!

One thing I found especially disturbing was this picture, which I found hanging on the locker room wall:

[​IMG]

When I asked a group of Tiger players what this poster sympolized, they replied coldly, "That's Matthews head. They'll be picking it up off the football field." This game could be brutal, guys!

15. runthepound

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Guys we are back live here inside the stadium and Erin Andrews. Thanks Erin for that gruesome story from inside the Tiger Locker Room. It appears as though Auburn may be Team Edward.​
    [​IMG]
    When you start talking about ripping heads and drinking blood, that is just some scary vampire $hit.​

The teams are about to take the field and this place is going wild.​
    [​IMG]
    Cocky is in the house doing his best Hokie impersonation.​
    [​IMG]

Erin Andrews has now made her way down to the sideline and has caught up with Coach King-Ceps​
    [​IMG]
    EA "Coach, this is a big game atmosphere and a huge game for your program. How do you foresee you team playing?"​
    Coach King "Well Erin, you look lovely tonight, as alawys, and I was a big fan of yours on Dancing with the stars."​
    EA "Thanks Coach....but this is a big game....how is Antonio Matthews holding up with the big time hype over this game?"​
    Coach King "Well it is kind of funny Erin...we were just talking about you in the tunnel a minute ago, and I got to tell ya...I think he kinda of has the hots for you. I told him to stay away because you were my girl. You know how it is...I was a gator, you were a gator...this thing could really work out for us. Be sure to look for me after the game and maybe we can go grab a hot dog!"​
    EA "Good luck Coach!"​

Now Erin has rapidly made it over to Coach Ego on his sideline for one more word to see how things are now that his team is out on the field.​
    [​IMG]
    EA "Coach....this is a crazy night and having seen your players in the locker room and knowing that they can taste blood...what type are you?"​
    Coach Ego "I am a type O hero"​
    EA "No Coach, I was referring to the type of Coach you are in big games like this....where is your focus?"​
    Coach Ego "Well Erin, I like to listen to some Annie Lennox before coming out on the field and then once we start the game, I just kind let the pieces fall how they may. I'll tell you someting else...its loud in here!"​
    EA "So you are telling me, you dont have a gameplan? What happens if your team falls behind?"​
    Coach Ego "Well Erin, now that you bring it up, yes, you do have a great behind!"​
    [​IMG]

This is going to be a good one!​

16. Iron Mickey

LMAO....this is very funny. Wow, the twists and turns of the Auburn/Carolina match-up

17. Iron Mickey

btw...Erin Andrews has a spectacular ass

18. runthepound

I approve this message!

19. egofailure

Hahaha, fantastic. I love that Erin/backside photo. Wow.

20. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This thread is great! Awesome work everyone

21. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Lol that's some funny stuff

RTP, were you the guy that was stalking EA and video tapping her in the shower?? ;)

22. egofailure

So, you're fully focused on tonight's game?

[​IMG]

How 'bout now?

23. runthepound

nope...wasn't me;)

24. Iron Mickey

damn those are nice....iam now gonna go home and slap my wife....lol

or a hooker....lmao

25. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Don't try to distract me!!!