Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by fordtuff504, Feb 6, 2011.
WEEK 1 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 2 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 3 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 4 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 5 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 6 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 8 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 9 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 10 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 11 HIGHLIGHTS
WEEK 12 HIGHLIGHTS at the bottom
Our first Spotlight Coach Of The Week for year seven is Minnesota coach Maij17. Coach Maij is coming of a great season after winning the Capital one bowl.
1. Coach you had a big win vs Cal in week one. What were your
keys to success in that game? Offensively we were just on, we installed a new offense over the spring and summer and we could not ask for a better display from our guys on how to execute. First year starter QB Junior Robinson made all the correct reads and we can be pretty hard to contain if he is on. Defensively we still need a lot of work, the intensity was their but we had way too many blown coverages which lead to huge plays for the Cal Bears.
2. Coach this weeks game is vs the mighty Bulldogs. What has to happen in your opinion to get the job done in GA?First we have to take the crowd out of the equation, going to Athens will be tough and keeping the 12th man at bay will offer a big help. Next we are going to play are game, its no secret that we like to throw the ball around, hopefully we can get are playmakers in space and make some things happen. Last we have to be solid against the run, Coach Sabo loves his running game and it will be on our defenses shoulders to keep the Bulldog backfield in check.
3. Coach how far do you think this team will go in the Big Ten this season? We want the title, we have had a share or been outright champions of the Big Ten since I have arrived and I don't see a change in that goal.
4. Finally coach how have last season's recruits impacted your team this year? We have two big impact freshman both being on the defensive side, FS Luke Edwards was around all summer trying to learn the defense and it paid off as he is the starter as a freshman, a first in my coach career at his position. DE John Brown came to camp looking at a redshirt but due to his hard work during camp and his high motor, we decided as a staff we could not sit this kid for a year, he proved us all right by having a great game anchoring the weakside.
5. Thanks for your time coach and good luck the rest of the season. Thank you.
week 2 up, boy, we are moving fast!!!!
Great work fellas!! @fordtuff504 @jv9179razorback
week 3 up, bout time!!!!
This weeks Spotlight Coach of the Week is Oregon head coach Fight'n Hokie. Coach Hokie has his team sitting at 3-0 and #11 in the country.
1.Coach you had a big win in week 1 vs Miami. What went right for you guys in that game? Our Defense played great forcing 4 turnovers, 3 of which came on interceptions and then a forced fumble. We also held the Canes to to just 9 yards on the ground. We cant ask much more of our defense than that!
We also had a fantastic day on the ground! Gaining 252 yards against a team like Miami speaks volumes about the team we have here. Once we got up on the Canes we were able to control the clock and play keep away.
2.Coach can you tell us how last years recruiting class has impacted your first couple of games this year?Well, to be honest with the move from Clemson we didn't have a lot of time on the West Coast to visit and see a lot of the players. Granted we have heard of these kids but not really recruited them due to being on the East Coast. But were able to get firm commits from those that truly wanted to be apart of this program. We are excited about the speed in the backfield and across the board. We signed a 4* QB who we hope in the future can do some big things for us.
3.Coach you are traveling to Stanford this week for a big game. How have you prepared your team for this matchup? Stanford is always tough! This game will be especially tough for both teams as we will both have 2 weeks of preparation time. Both team are open in week 4. So it will most likely come down to who makes the best adjustments at halftime. Both teams know each other so well, the 1st half may be a chess match. The winner will have a leg up in the PAC 10 race. We look forward to the challenge!
4.Coach where do you see this team finishing this season? Honestly, we dream big here! If you cant see yourself playing for a National Championship...then you never will. We would like to win the PAC 10 of course but we, just as many other teams Nationally want to play for and win the National Championship. Right now Standford stands in our way. We look no further than that!
5. Coach thanks for your time and good luck the rest of the season. ALWAYS A PLEASURE !
This weeks Spotlight Coach Of The Week is none other than Thatguy. Coach Thatguy had a rough first season but seems to have turned things around in SC and is sitting at 3-0.First of all thank you for having me on here. It is quiet an honor. It wasn't really a hard decision to stay here in South Carolina after last season, even though we did so poorly. I love it here, love the city and the people.
1. Coach after a dismal season last year you seem to have this ship pointed in the right direction. What kind of changes have you made? I would say the biggest changes wasn't necessarily playcalling changes, but more to the tune of players buying more into the system and getting more comfortable. We definitely have less drops and less fumbles than we had last season; that can definitely be attributed to hard off-season Training Camps. There is without a doubt a lot more room for improvement, but it will be a long process and as you have mentioned, I think the ship is pointed in the right direction so far.
2. Coach what kind of impact has last years recruits had this season? Most of last years recruits have been redshirted in an attempt to build a long lasting Football program here at South Carolina, instead of an immediate impact. The only True Freshman on the field on a regular basis is ROLB Pat Rodgers, who, in 3 games, has already recorded 4 tackles, and 3 for loss of yards. Most of the others like I said currently are redshirted.
3. Coach you have a big SEC match up next week. What will be your keys to success? Next week is definitely a very important match. Auburn has a highly skilled Quarterback in Maurice Thompson who is deadly accurate and powerful with his arm, together with a very talented Receiving Corps our Pass Defense will have its hands full. That will be the our #1 priority to stop their potent passing attack, and if we can be successful and make them 1 dimensional we might have a chance to hang on.
4. Finally coach where do you see this years team finishing in the SEC? Without a doubt I'd definitely be happy with a positive record at the end of the season, that would be a huge accomplishment for this program. We can't be thinking about any Bowl Games, even though if it happens Im sure we won't be complaining. We have to take it 1 step at a time and continually improve. I don't like making any kind of record predictions, they tend to bring bad omens.
5. Thanks for your time coach and good luck the rest of the season.Thanks for having me on this week JV, best of luck to you also for this season, beside in Week 10 of course
Great work ford!!!
week 4 up and running, keep up the great work guys
thanks jv, i look forward to reading these interviews after every advance, we have sooo many personalities in this od
This is a great section guys...I too look forward to reading these interviews and going over the highlights. Some of these plays are freakin awesome! I'm starting to get nervous about my match-up with Notre Dame, as their QB looks dangerous. I also gotta watch out for the Gophers as well!
This is a good section but i think it could use a little more to make it great. Anyone have any ideas?
week 5 up, anymore musical guest? just drop some names and songs guys, i'll take care of ya
Eye of the tiger or the other rocky song
Lol gotta love the rocky movies
This week's Spotlight Coach Of The Week is Texas A&M head coach ChaoticUT. Coach UT left Michigan ST for Texas A&M and has them at 5-0. to start the season. A&M is #7 in the country.
1. Coach can you tell us why you left Michigan St for Texas A&M? Dont get me wrong I loved Michigan State and my time there was excellent, but truth be told I love the south, Texas. I started my career at UTEP and felt right at home there, but given the oppurtunity to move up the NCAA ladder I took the job at Michigan State. I believe taking the job at Texas A&M was another step in that direction. Its been great for me, my family, and I feel right back at home in College Station. And lets be honest, I wasn't built for those Michigan winters.
2. Coach you have had big wins vs great opponents in Michigan and Arkansas. What went right for you guys in those two games? First off my hat goes off to Michigan and Arkansas, both have great squads and both games were decided by less than 7 points, really could have gone either way. But in short, everyone did their job. Football is a team sport and every players needs to do their job and trust in their teammates to do the same. We don't have any "star players" or "impact players", we have a team that seems to jell well and play excellent together.
3. Coach how has last years recruits impacted your team so far?Last years class was a great class for us. When I took over I knew we would be playing a lot of young guys this season, many that I didn't recruit or get the chance to get to know them. But the team has showed what these young guys can do, even without much experience. All I can say is its only up from here with only 5 seniors leaving next year.
4. Coach you in a couple of weeks you will face Conference rival Oklahoma ST. How big of game is that for you guys? Its a HUGE game, and we cant emphasize that any more. The winner will undoubtely represent the South in the Big 12 Title Game. Oklahoma State has been on a tear as of recently making waves onto the national scene. In college football, coaches aren't always judge by wins and losses, but they are always judge by their wins and losses against rivals. If were gonna bring back Texas A&M as a national power it has to start this season.
5. Thanks for your time and good luck the rest of the way. The pleasures mine. Go Aggies!!!!!
Just so you know, ChaoticUT, it looks like Michigan State is landing a stud 5-star QB this year! I know...I'm currently a distant second on his list
Tell me about it... All the studs Im recruiting have Texas Tech as their #1. Something about having a user there, then leaving, seems to really help the recruiting cause. Because I wasn't able to recruit shit while I was there, that was part of the reason why I left, think we had a #35 class last year.
LOVE THE JOURNEY MUSIC! LOL
This weeks Spotlight of the week is Miami head coach Csboiler. Coach Csboiler is 5-1 with Miami and has them # 21 in the country.
1. Coach Csboiler your first game of the season was a loss to Oregon. What happened in that game? It's tough you never know what your team is going to look like in their first game of the season. We game planned all summer for those guys, and at the end of the day with their new coach, we just weren't prepared for them. I took responsibility for that and we changed a few things around, and I feel like the guys are really clicking right now.2. Coach the very next week in week 2 you guys beat a great team in LSU. What changes did you make after that week 1 loss? In Week 1 we played a pretty good first half and after that turnovers killed us, we got behind and were forced into being a one dimentional team. After another week of practive and a little more focus on the run, we're a more balanced football team right now.3. Coach can you tell us how last season's recruits are doing this year? Well that's a tough question, so far noone has really stood out, that's partly because of my leave of abscence last year and not recruiting most of the season. All our young players are looking good in practice, so that's always a positive.4. Coach how do you see this team finishing the season? Honestly, anything less than an ACC Title and a BCS Game in January will be unacceptable.5. Thanks for your time coach and good luck the rest of the way. Go Canes!
week 6 highlights finally up, sorry for the delay, seems as tho week 7 was a no go for many of us thanks to dw so hopfully we can get back on track for week 8
damn i had some good week 7 plays too...ask nrg
so did i, including a put return, it showed the whole thing!!!!
wtf? lies...i don't recall any such plays. none. nada. zilch!
From journey to some hard core rap... didnt see that coming lol
Separate names with a comma.