(Y7) Week 1 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feb 13, 2010
    =============== #11 Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #3 USC (0-0).

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines will host #4 Auburn (0-0).

=============== #5 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to Eugene to face the #16 Oregon Ducks (0-0).

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Seminoles will host #19 Florida (0-0).

=============== #24 UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins will host #8 Tennessee (0-0).

=============== #3 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Trojans travel to Miami to face the #11 Miami Hurricanes (0-0).

=============== #4 Auburn Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #1 Michigan Wolverines (0-0).

=============== #8 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Volunteers travel to Pasadena to face the #24 UCLA Bruins (0-0).

=============== #16 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks will host #5 LSU (0-0).

=============== #2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Columbus to face the #14 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0).

=============== Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host #23 Iowa (0-0).

=============== #14 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #2 Notre Dame (0-0).​
    • Like Like x 1

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Jun 23, 2009
    Beat Fred. Stats don't matter because we had a drop. Had to take the RS of my TR FR to come in and save me. My starter, from Alabama, came in the game and shit himself. I thought he'd have a chip on his shoulder from not getting an offer from Auburn. Instead, it had the opposite effect and he was lost. We won 14-7. He brought a lot of head from his two ILBs so i decided to go 5 wide and have my 5th WR go deep. We have good speed at WR and i knew he'd get 1 on 1 with a safety and have a step on him. That thought process allowed me to win the game. Wasn't my best performance ever, but, i got a W and thats what matters.

3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Feb 10, 2011
    Yea Joe got me his 5 Wide set & gave me some trouble. Be fore we dropped it was 14-14 and both his scores came on plays where I had a LB on his 5th WR. So I thought a good way for the LB not to be on him is BLTIZ him and let the SS get him. It worked a few times but then he got burnt with 49 sec left. I need to work on my 5 wide coverage and work on not letting the mismatch get exploited. He also had good pressure on my QB when it mattered. Its all good, I'll be back! I did get a insta from the #1 OT this week so ya lose some and ya win some.
  4. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Oct 25, 2010
    USC Weathers the Hurricane's in a Classic Battle
    USC and Miami once again opened the season as the two teams were looking to use this game as a spring board into the season. Even though USC dominated the time of possession in the first half they only lead 14-7 in part due to a spectacular kick off return for a TD by George Powers. In the 2nd half the two teams traded possession throughout the 3rd qtr and setup a 4th qtr battle for the win. Early in the 4th qtr Miami cut the lead to 4 on a 43 yard FG. After USC was unable to counter the Hurricanes once again marched down the field after forcing a Trojan fumble and scored on a 9 yard QB scramble to take the lead 17-14. The Trojans responded and quickly moved into scoring range most due to a 53 yard pass McCelellan and the USC reclaimed the lead when Andre Boyd scored from 1 yard out. The Hurricanes made once last effort to to win but a 4th down pass from the Trojans 25 yard line was incomplete and the Trojans held on for the win.
    It was a great game by OnIowa and had to be one of the most fun games I have every been apart of. I truly enjoyed our series and if you every need a home/home series I am ready, willing and would be very excited to play you.
  5. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Jan 7, 2010
    lsu wk1 a.png lsu wk1 b.png
    gg Sabo
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Nov 26, 2010
    Seminoles Rally to Beat Florida
    The first half was pretty rough on our defense, especially the second quarter. We allowed far too many big plays, most of which went for 6. The third quarter was huge defensively, and the fourth was solid until yet another Gator receiver ran right past double coverage. It's going to be an interesting season with only 9 seniors. We're starting a whole lot of freshmen and sophomores, so the future is fairly bright. ​
    We hit all of our offensive benchmarks; I'd like to get my completion percentage higher, though, while cutting down on sacks. Gaither was surprisingly good, and Odom continued an unexpected progression that made him the starter. Hart was again good but not great. Our defense has to step up though. A half dozen long runs and a handful of long completions isn't going to cut it.​
  7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Jul 19, 2010
    Vols over Bruins 20-0

The stats dont do the game justices as we froze right before halftime and had to replay. It was a slow start for both teams the story of the game was really the coordinator changes each went through this off season. The Vols had to replace their D coordinator and came out in a more hybrid 4-2-5 this year and the Bruins replaced coordinators on both sides of the ball and came out with a new look on offense and defense. Lets just say it was a learning curve for most of the day. The play of the game came in the 1st half with UCLA was driving about to go in and was stripped at the 1 yard line and the Vols ran it back 99 yards for the score. The only other touchdown came on a WR screen that was taken for another long score. Take away those two plays and the game could have easily went UCLAs way. gg, maij17
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Feb 12, 2010
    The Irish made sure they packed their defense on the road vs OSU. We only allowed 3 points on defense which is a great start to the season. Superstar QB led the team in rushing with 116 yards on 8 carries and 2 TDS.​
  9. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Jul 26, 2011
    Iowa 16 Alabama 14
    After coming off a disappointing 6-7 season last year under first year Coach John Crow Alabama seemed to sputter under new QB Armstrong. The defense allowed Iowa's Carpenter to gain 180 Yards with most of those on two big runs. Alabama could not get the running game going until the last drive where they set up 32 yard FG in the middle of the field to win the game. Senior K Dawson shanked the ball and missed right to end the game and send the fans home extremely disappointed. Alabama opens SEC play next week vs Kentucky.