(Y7) Week 5 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

week 5 posted up at 1:15 pm today

2. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Noles over the Orange 17-13. Pretty ugly game for Florida State, but we snuck away with the win.

3. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

USC Gets Win Over Oregon State 37-21
    Despite Defensive Struggles
    For the 2nd week in a row the Trojans young defense is in the right position but can not execute a proper tackle as the Beavers HB Jackson ripped thru the Trojans for 157 yards and a TD. But the veteran USC offense once again bailed the Trojans out as the amassed 456 yards of offense and control the ball for 18 minutes compared to the Beavers 9 minutes. But the telling stat of the game was the Trojans ability to convert on 3rd down as they were 6 of 8 for the game and used this extended drives to roll up 37 points.

4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Another bye week.

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

#1 ND Fighting Irish Traveled down to Auburn this week. Auburn this was only the second time (I think) Coach Capp and Coach Limbo have faced off ever. Last time i think Capp beat the crap outa me. Needless to say I was afraid I was gonna drop to 2-2 and still have to face - TENN, LSU, and BAMA. But.....our OB play really made the difference in this game. ScreenHunter_07 Jan. 30 08.18.jpg Only missing on one pass for me never happens. Combine that with a steady run game and solid defense the tigers come out with a big win 28-7. Time of Pos was a major factor. Was a very good game,
    ScreenHunter_08 Jan. 30 08.19.jpg

I had the #1 RB in the nation in for a official it is down between me and Texas A&M who he visits next week if he is still on the board. We need him really bad! GG capp34 c ya next year in South Bend

6. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Big win for auburn to get themselves back into the picture. Also means i may be able to sneak in again if i end up dropping the game to capp34 .

7. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

[​IMG]

I went ahead big early, then PSU caused some big turnovers by big hitting me, they are really fast, and got back into the game. From there, i became more focused and turned it up. Final score doesn't show how close the game was.

They were ranked #3, and with #1 losing to auburn, i should be back to #1, a place i never should of dropped from. I've been #2, #1, #2 in final rankings the past 3 seasons. Twice, i got left out when tied in the BCS score. Twice, i came back and beat the defending champ the next season. How i drop from #1 is a product of EA and incredibly frustrating.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  8. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Miami over Clemson 42-26. After being up only one point at half, the Canes put things together the second half and increased their season record to 2-2 and their first win in the ACC

9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

10. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Missed Opportunites doom Bruins in Palo Alto
    [​IMG]
    Bruin Game Stats
    S. Moss 14/26 402yds 3tds 1int​
    G. Jones 14car 60yds 1td​
    S. Watkins 3rec 232yds 2tds​
    B. Watkins 5tacks 1 FF​
    Bruins dropped 3 ints, and were unsuccessful in recovering 3 fumbles.​

11. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG

12. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

ALABAMA 30 ARKANSAS 24 (3 OT)

A mistake at the end of regulation could have cost Bama the game but the Tide prevailed in 3 OT's. After Arkansas tied the game up at 10-10 with less than a minute on the clock Bama moved the ball into FG range with 6 seconds on the clock. Thinking they had the time out called Alabama took their time as the clock ran down to send the game into OT. Bama got the ball first and scored a TD in the first two OT's to be matched by Arkansas in each. The third OT saw Alabama's Sheldon Sims take a 16 yard run in for the score. The two point conversion failed and Alabama held on to stop Arkansas and win the game. Armstrong was 18/29 for 304 yards and 1 TD. Sims rushed 23 times for 81 yards and 2 TD's while Gschwend had 9 catches for 156 yards and 1 TD and Brewer had 4 catches for 72 yards. Bama travels next to Missouri and improves to 2-0 in the SEC West.