(Y7) Week 9 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by uagrad90, Feb 3, 2012.

1. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Advanced to Week 9 at 6pm CST Thursday​

2. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Trojans Fall Just Short vs Irish in BCS Title Elimination Game
    The 4th ranked USC Trojans (6-1) welcomed the 5th ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-1) to the Coliseum in a match-up that figured to be another close battle to the end and would be a BCS Title elimination game. Both teams entered the game with 6-1 records with the winner still holding an outside shot at getting into the BCS Title game and the loser being eliminated. Last year the the Trojans fell to the Irish in South Bend 14-10 in a game that was a defensive struggle. Would this season be any different with the Irish offense loaded with talent and speed and the Trojans offense while not at talented still very efficient in what they do. That question was answered very quickly when neither team could generate much offense as both defenses continued to dominate the series. The Irish held the Trojans 124 yards of total offense and only 3 points despite turning the ball over 4 times to the Trojans. But not to be out done the Trojans responded by holding the Irish to 176 yards of total offense an 7 points. Neither team could sustain a significant drive and there was only one big play in the entire game when the Irish QB Campbell got outside the Trojan defense and raced 60 yards to the USC 1 yard line. Two plays later Notre Dame scored when HB Gray slammed in over left guard for what ended up being the game winning points. The Trojans had opportunities by forcing 4 turnovers but were unable to convert them into points as Coach capp34 and his staff had an excellent defensive game plan and frustrated the USC the entire game.
    It was a great game by capp34 and I wish him the best of luck the rest of the way this season as the Irish remain in the hunt for the BCS Title.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

4. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Bye week, I'm ready to advance... recruited online

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Miami beats Georgia Tech by 13, I finished the game and it completely froze. I have a video of it on my phone, but I'm having trouble loading it to YouTube, if anyone wants to see it, shoot me a text and I'll send it over to you. Won the Sim by 7

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Oregon topped Arizona State 28-7 in front of a large number of targeted recruits. I tried to save highlights and it froze so there are no stats to post up

7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Vols roll in 3rd Saturday in October
    1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    In the offseason the Vols reassessed what they were doing and what they needed to do to get back to being successful. Defense would be the emphasize this year and its being off in huge dividends. The Vols were able to force 4 interceptions, 6 sacks, and keep Bama to -24 yards on the ground. Combine that with a solid run game and the passing game only missing on one attempt, this was an all around game that the Vols will try to copy from here on out. This rivarly is started to heat up as Bama and the Vols have traded wins in consecutive seasons. gg John Crow

8. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Ohio State Rebounds Against Purdue
    [​IMG]
    purdue1.png purdue2.png
    Despite a big win, it wasn't a great game for the Buckeyes. Ohio State looked the better team in the 1st half but a struggling running game kept Purdue in the game and the Boilermakers ended up leading at halftime. Ohio State dominated the 2nd half though on the way to a large victory. One stat to note is that Purdue RB Tate torched the Buckeyes last season but only managed 95 yards in this game.​

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

[​IMG]
    Bruin Game Stats
    S. Moss 10-13 225yds 3tds​
    G. Jones 16car 150 yds 2tds​
    S. Watkins 5rec 62yds 2tds​
    B. Watkins 4tkls 1sack FF​

10. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

11. John Crow

John Crow Walk On