(Y8) 2017 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Dec 12, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

This thread always ends up being one of my favorites every year, and this season should be no different. Auburn has only 12 seniors graduating, so I'll be aiming a little higher than usual. It doesn't seem like I have a lot of initial clear-cut interest, so I'm curious to see how I manage this time around.

In taking a quick skim of the scene, Missouri appears to have benefitted mightily from their new 6-star status. Perfect timing for the Mizzou program considering all of their needs. Miami also appears to be everywhere! Is JCA no longer permitted to bitch about Alabama now? ; ) Let's face it - it's 'Bama, Miami, Missouri, and the rest of us common folk!

Haha, happy hunting, fellas.

[​IMG]

2. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Right now it appears I am the favorite for the number 1 overall recruit, now when it comes to actually recruiting I don't have near the As, and A+s, most of the other programs have, so I could lose out on a lot of the recruits I am up near the top on. Brilliantly enough he looks to transition perfectly into the free safety position, so I am praying I get this guy. Funk have mercy on me and stay away :eek:

I will be happy with 2 5 stars, I would love to get 3 in here :D.

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

There is not near the interest in UGA this year as there has been for my teams in the past. Only have 15 spot to fill so I will see what I can some up with.

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i have no big time intrest this season as VT was able to move up to a 4* program, but at the same time i have no big holes to fill. looking for mostly Safeties and RB so i should be soild this year if i land the guys that have intrest in me.

5. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Nick you're my boy so I am gonna let you in on a little secret... I'm not even planning on recruiting him. Go nuts.

6. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

that is the best news I have ever heard!

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

17 seniors for Miami this year, so all of the interest in my program is very welcome. This class seems to be loaded with a lot of users in for a lot of the same big-time recruits. Should be fun.

8. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri starts off the season with an instant commit from the #1 player in the nation. Jason will step in immediately at free safety next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Good thing I didn't even try to recruit him then. :cool:

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

thats a great pick up for Mizzou

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice start to your recruiting year Nick. Welcome to the "Big Time!"

12. Dean

Dean Walk On

Alot of interest in Neb this year, but too far down on most lists. We're looking for any and all players. Need depth at all positions.

13. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jason Shaw sucks monkey balls....:eek:

Go Okie State!

14. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Not recruiting related, but thought I would share:

Just thought I would note that all 4 SEC user teams are in the top 5 in the preseason poll.

1. Alabama
    2. South Carolina
    3. Georgia
    4. UNC
    5. Auburn

We will enjoy beating the crap out of each other like in real life. Good luck to all of my SEC brothers. Yay for me as I have to play everyone of you in the regular season:(.

15. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I saw that. Should make for an interesting season. I think it is the first season that Alabama isn't A+ in every category, they are only an A on defense, so maybe somebody will take the crown from them.

16. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Miami comes in at 7 and I think Missouri at 9 is the top Big XII team. SEC is definitely the #1 Conference though.

17. egofailure

Honestly, it's one of the first things I noticed. The SEC is by far the most challenging conference in our league. In order for me to make an NC appearance, I'd have to beat #1 Alabama, #3 Georgia, and then either #2 South Carolina or # 3 Georgia again in the SEC Championship game. Georgia will have to face either myself or Funk twice.

Anyone who surives the SEC and goes on to play in the BCS deserves a ton of credit. I'd argue that we all deserve some "lesser" user games to off-set the natural conference competition. Not this year, though, as I still play Oklahoma in the final week. ; )

Run, what sucks for you is that King only plays 1 user conference game this year ... and that's you. So beating him and grabbing at least one of the Alabama/Auburn games is a must. Whew ... that's rough.

18. Iron Mickey

So you guys can just beat up on the User C+ and B programs..lol

Nope you guys are the power houses....beat the hell out of each other. If Funk can do it....u guys can too. The likes of a Clemson, FSU, and VT hardly stand a chance right now versus your programs. So I am trying my best to give them a bit of breathing room.

19. egofailure

Who's Miami's "tough" beat this season, Oklahoma State? ; )

20. Iron Mickey

me and Nebraska were the mid-tier program sacrificial lambs this year...lmao. Hey maybe Dean can pull it off...i highly doubt it.

I guess JCA got off the easiest though for the big schools considering the challenge he got last night. Regardless, Clemson and FSU are not cake walks (especially Clemson) anymore for the shit ass "U"

21. egofailure

I agree Clemson isn't a cake-walk ... which reminds me, I'm playing them in Week 2! See what I'm talking about? ; ) I'm game for it, and LOVE the challenge, but when Miami's in nearly every Top-50 recruit's main three schools, he needs to be treated like an SEC "powerhouse". And on top of that, because the SEC teams will naturally beat eachother down, their OOC schedules don't have to be as challenging. I get what you're saying about giving the up-and-coming programs some slack, though.

But you know this talk is all for fun. I actually dig my schedule. I just think it's always fun to analyze each team's path to the NC and b-tch and moan about the SEC difficulty. Plus, this league wouldn't be the same without us constantly busting your balls and putting you on the defensive. ; )

22. jca312

jca312 Walk On

If you're not pitting SEC teams against Top Tier OOC competition, the only change I'm guessing that could've been made in my schedule was OU instead of Okie State, since Dean is in the process of fixing Nebraska. I play a rebuilding Mizzou, who was in the NC, but there really isn't much else that can be done if we're eliminating SEC teams from the equation for me. I guess I could play South Carolina when they only have one SEC user game, that helps with the NC picture, but not the SEC East.

23. egofailure

Agree entirely. Which is why scheduling is an absolute b-tch and thankless job. A SCAR/Miami game would have been sweet, though, just from a fan's perspective. What's the Week 14 matchup this season?

24. Dean

Dean Walk On

Bama & South Carolina mixed in with conference games against OU & Mizzou every year. Ill be lucky to win 8 games this year. C+ overall and playing A+ teams= no chance.

Bring it bitches.

25. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Alabama-Missouri